[ ]   [ ]   [ ]                        [ ]      [ ]   [ ]

Warning: file_get_contents(/home/www/settings/mirror_forum_db_enable_sql): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/html/content/Forum/functions.php on line 8

Framed - movie guessing game - Red_Dragon - May 12, 2025 - 9:42am
 
Wordle - daily game - marko86 - May 12, 2025 - 9:41am
 
Trump - Red_Dragon - May 12, 2025 - 9:29am
 
NY Times Strands - ptooey - May 12, 2025 - 8:48am
 
Today in History - islander - May 12, 2025 - 8:47am
 
Celebrity Face Recognition - islander - May 12, 2025 - 8:07am
 
Radio Paradise Comments - islander - May 12, 2025 - 8:02am
 
NYTimes Connections - ptooey - May 12, 2025 - 7:42am
 
No TuneIn Stream Lately - rgio - May 12, 2025 - 5:46am
 
Global Warming - rgio - May 12, 2025 - 4:39am
 
New Music - miamizsun - May 12, 2025 - 3:47am
 
Talk Behind Their Backs Forum - winter - May 11, 2025 - 8:41pm
 
Name My Band - GeneP59 - May 11, 2025 - 6:47pm
 
The Dragons' Roost - triskele - May 11, 2025 - 5:58pm
 
Photography Forum - Your Own Photos - Manbird - May 11, 2025 - 5:26pm
 
Bug Reports & Feature Requests - epsteel - May 11, 2025 - 12:30pm
 
Ukraine - R_P - May 11, 2025 - 11:03am
 
Things You Thought Today - GeneP59 - May 11, 2025 - 9:52am
 
Breaking News - Steely_D - May 10, 2025 - 8:52pm
 
May 2025 Photo Theme - Action - fractalv - May 10, 2025 - 7:54pm
 
Republican Party - Red_Dragon - May 10, 2025 - 3:50pm
 
Strips, cartoons, illustrations - R_P - May 10, 2025 - 2:16pm
 
Israel - R_P - May 10, 2025 - 1:18pm
 
Real Time with Bill Maher - R_P - May 10, 2025 - 12:21pm
 
Artificial Intelligence - q4Fry - May 10, 2025 - 10:01am
 
No Rock Mix on Alexa? - epsteel - May 10, 2025 - 9:45am
 
Kodi Addon - DaveInSaoMiguel - May 10, 2025 - 9:19am
 
What Makes You Laugh? - Isabeau - May 10, 2025 - 5:53am
 
Upcoming concerts or shows you can't wait to see - KurtfromLaQuinta - May 9, 2025 - 9:34pm
 
Immigration - R_P - May 9, 2025 - 5:35pm
 
Basketball - GeneP59 - May 9, 2025 - 4:58pm
 
The Obituary Page - GeneP59 - May 9, 2025 - 4:45pm
 
Pink Floyd - miamizsun - May 9, 2025 - 3:52pm
 
Freedom of speech? - R_P - May 9, 2025 - 2:19pm
 
Questions. - kurtster - May 8, 2025 - 11:56pm
 
How's the weather? - GeneP59 - May 8, 2025 - 9:08pm
 
Pernicious Pious Proclivities Particularized Prodigiously - R_P - May 8, 2025 - 7:27pm
 
Save NPR and PBS - SIGN THE PETITION - R_P - May 8, 2025 - 3:32pm
 
How about a stream of just the metadata? - ednazarko - May 8, 2025 - 11:22am
 
Baseball, anyone? - Red_Dragon - May 8, 2025 - 9:23am
 
no-money fun - islander - May 8, 2025 - 7:55am
 
UFO's / Aliens blah blah blah: BOO ! - dischuckin - May 8, 2025 - 7:03am
 
Positive Thoughts and Prayer Requests - miamizsun - May 8, 2025 - 5:53am
 
Into The Wild - Red_Dragon - May 7, 2025 - 7:34pm
 
Get the Money out of Politics! - R_P - May 7, 2025 - 5:06pm
 
What Makes You Sad? - Antigone - May 7, 2025 - 2:58pm
 
USA! USA! USA! - R_P - May 7, 2025 - 2:33pm
 
The Perfect Government - Proclivities - May 7, 2025 - 2:05pm
 
Musky Mythology - R_P - May 7, 2025 - 10:13am
 
Living in America - islander - May 7, 2025 - 9:38am
 
DQ (as in 'Daily Quote') - JimTreadwell - May 7, 2025 - 8:08am
 
Pakistan - Red_Dragon - May 6, 2025 - 2:21pm
 
SCOTUS - R_P - May 6, 2025 - 1:53pm
 
Canada - R_P - May 6, 2025 - 11:00am
 
Solar / Wind / Geothermal / Efficiency Energy - ColdMiser - May 6, 2025 - 10:00am
 
Lyrics that strike a chord today... - ColdMiser - May 6, 2025 - 8:06am
 
What's your mood today? - GeneP59 - May 6, 2025 - 6:57am
 
China - R_P - May 5, 2025 - 6:01pm
 
Trump Lies™ - R_P - May 5, 2025 - 5:50pm
 
Song of the Day - rgio - May 5, 2025 - 5:33am
 
Love the Cinco de Mayo celebration! - miamizsun - May 5, 2025 - 3:53am
 
how do you feel right now? - miamizsun - May 5, 2025 - 3:49am
 
Mixtape Culture Club - miamizsun - May 5, 2025 - 3:48am
 
The Bucket List - Red_Dragon - May 4, 2025 - 1:08pm
 
260,000 Posts in one thread? - winter - May 4, 2025 - 9:28am
 
Australia - R_P - May 3, 2025 - 11:37pm
 
M.A.G.A. - R_P - May 3, 2025 - 6:52pm
 
Democratic Party - Isabeau - May 3, 2025 - 5:04pm
 
Philly - Proclivities - May 3, 2025 - 6:26am
 
Race in America - R_P - May 2, 2025 - 12:01pm
 
Multi-Room AirPlay using iOS app on Mac M - downbeat - May 2, 2025 - 8:11am
 
YouTube: Music-Videos - black321 - May 1, 2025 - 6:44pm
 
Museum of Iconic Album Covers - Proclivities - May 1, 2025 - 12:24pm
 
Regarding cats - Isabeau - May 1, 2025 - 12:11pm
 
When I need a Laugh I ... - Isabeau - May 1, 2025 - 10:37am
 
Index » Radio Paradise/General » General Discussion » Things You Thought Today Page: 1, 2, 3 ... 8476, 8477, 8478  Next
Post to this Topic
kurtster

kurtster Avatar

Location: where fear is not a virtue
Gender: Male


Posted: Oct 9, 2026 - 5:52pm

 geoff_morphini wrote:

You just reminded me that even amoeba live. Thanks



Yeah, the primordial soup kitchen has a little bit of everything doesn't it ?


geoff_morphini

geoff_morphini Avatar

Gender: Male


Posted: Oct 9, 2026 - 5:44pm

You just reminded me that even amoeba live. Thanks

kurtster

kurtster Avatar

Location: where fear is not a virtue
Gender: Male


Posted: Oct 9, 2026 - 5:41pm

 Isabeau wrote:


This is absolutely rich coming from someone who supports the "Fear Spews" party. The only ads coming out for Republicans are rectum derived pejoratives and out of context accusations of the coming apocalypse if Democrats get in charge.
"Mexicans are Rapists and Murderers! Somali and Haitians are Eating Cats and Dogs! Ukraine started the War with Russia! They're all communists!"


excuse me while I hork from laughing so hard...




Yeah, I keep forgetting that only repubs engage in those tactics.   Your team is perfect.  

Silly me.  But in case you did  not notice, I did not put any limits on who or what engaged in these tactics like you just did.




oldviolin

oldviolin Avatar

Location: esse quam videri
Gender: Male


Posted: Oct 9, 2026 - 12:10pm

 SeriousLee wrote:

Artificial Intelligence? I guess it's ok for those who are into artificial love.



somewhere between an artifist and an artifixation
SeriousLee

SeriousLee Avatar

Location: Dans l'milieu d'deux milles livres


Posted: Oct 9, 2026 - 11:13am

Artificial Intelligence? I guess it's ok for those who are into artificial love.
Isabeau

Isabeau Avatar

Location: Roadrunner Land
Gender: Female


Posted: Oct 8, 2026 - 4:28pm

 kurtster wrote:

Or if I may paraphrase, more like self fulfilling prophecy.  To which I can bear witness.  One tends to get what they expect.  Expect the best is best.  Expect the worst and it will suck to be you 9 times out of 10.

When you have been emotionally prepared to be scared to death of everything from your own shadow going to the gas station or the grocery store and now A I,  what else is likely to be expected other than the worst ?

We are being conditioned to be constantly scared and afraid of everything.  That is how evil is advancing.  Fear is addictive and the shiny object to keep you from looking at what evil is accomplishing.




This is absolutely rich coming from someone who supports the "Fear Spews" party. The only ads coming out for Republicans are rectum derived pejoratives and out of context accusations of the coming apocalypse if Democrats get in charge.
"Mexicans are Rapists and Murderers! Somali and Haitians are Eating Cats and Dogs! Ukraine started the War with Russia! They're all communists!"


excuse me while I hork from laughing so hard...


SeriousLee

SeriousLee Avatar

Location: Dans l'milieu d'deux milles livres


Posted: Oct 8, 2026 - 2:30pm

One will go to great lengths to prove how smart they are only to prove the opposite.
mannixj

mannixj Avatar



Posted: Oct 8, 2026 - 1:58pm

 islander wrote:


You have missed the point.



Intellectuality

islander

islander Avatar

Location: West coast somewhere
Gender: Male


Posted: Oct 8, 2026 - 1:53pm

 kurtster wrote:




Such as I have never worn a seat belt.






You have missed the point.
kurtster

kurtster Avatar

Location: where fear is not a virtue
Gender: Male


Posted: Oct 8, 2026 - 1:01pm




islander wrote:

Long ago, I said we should install a big spike in place of the airbag on new cars. You should have to do work, endure cost, or take risk with your new purchase to make it better/safer. The world needs a little more danger. The highs are meaningless without the lows.

__________

Such as I have never worn a seat belt.


oldviolin wrote:


Not settling. Reaching willingly. And maybe not everyone. The nature of evil is becoming subordinate instead of the other way around. It's quite obvious. The bidding becomes the bedding and in expecting the worst from humanity the worst is indeed manifest.
The motif becomes the product of the theme.




Or if I may paraphrase, more like self fulfilling prophecy.  To which I can bear witness.  One tends to get what they expect.  Expect the best is best.  Expect the worst and it will suck to be you 9 times out of 10.

When you have been emotionally prepared to be scared to death of everything from your own shadow going to the gas station or the grocery store and now A I,  what else is likely to be expected other than the worst ?

We are being conditioned to be constantly scared and afraid of everything.  That is how evil is advancing.  Fear is addictive and the shiny object to keep you from looking at what evil is accomplishing.


islander

islander Avatar

Location: West coast somewhere
Gender: Male


Posted: Oct 8, 2026 - 11:33am

 JrzyTmata wrote:

my first new car was a bright yellow '76 Plymouth Arrow GT. Loved that car.
. 



There was a 'curse' on Y49/barbados yellow CRXs. Some had a weird radiation thing in the paint, and they were supposed to be over represented in crashes and vandalism.  I loved mine though. It did have a window broken/stereo stolen once, but that was my bad neighborhood, not the car.  I miss simple cars. At the southern outpost we have an old 4runner (silver), it is a beater, but always runs and I don't bother locking it.  

Fun story - because of their reliability and cost, 4runners are pretty common in baja. Lighter colors even more so because of the heat, so you see yourself coming and going everywhere.  I joke that We all just leave the keys in them and take whichever one is closest because it's easier.  One day I was dropping of my laundry at the lavanderia and there was another 4 runner sitting there with the keys in it. I was taking a picture for future jokes and it turns out it is the husband of our laundry lady. I told him the joke and we got a good laugh, I'm now waiting for the opportunity to present itself again and I'm going to take his and leave him mine.
Red_Dragon

Red_Dragon Avatar

Location: Gilead


Posted: Oct 8, 2026 - 9:37am

Love me some Japanese Breakfast!
JrzyTmata

JrzyTmata Avatar



Posted: Oct 8, 2026 - 9:13am

 islander wrote:


I had a bright yellow CRX a long time ago. That was a fantastic car. 

my first new car was a bright yellow '76 Plymouth Arrow GT. Loved that car.
. 

islander

islander Avatar

Location: West coast somewhere
Gender: Male


Posted: Oct 8, 2026 - 9:00am

 JrzyTmata wrote:



I miss yellow cars.


I had a bright yellow CRX a long time ago. That was a fantastic car. 
GeneP59

GeneP59 Avatar

Location: On the edge of tomorrow looking back at yesterday
Gender: Male


Posted: Oct 8, 2026 - 8:34am

 islander wrote:


From the EK episode: the most common color to paint houses right now is grey. Also, 30% of house sales are going to people who have no intention of living in them (investment/rental/flip).  

I do not like where this society is going. I'm getting off at the next stop. If it doesn't slow down enough, I might still jump. 


Well my house when it was built in 1950 was a hideous chocolate brown. Then it was resided with a darker grey cement board, aka asbestos siding, and when we started to remove it and replace with 8” cedar clapboard which we painted it with a lighter grey, Cape Cod Blue trim and Pueblo gold window pane trim.
Very tasteful in my opinion. 
Coaxial

Coaxial Avatar

Location: 544 miles west of Paradis 1821 miles east of Paradise
Gender: Male


Posted: Oct 8, 2026 - 8:34am

 Proclivities wrote:

I see a lot of cars around in more unusual colors, even "affordable" cars:  VW, Subaru, Jeep (Wranglers mostly), Kia, Mazda, Ford Broncos (lots of color choices), even some Toyotas.  I don't see them as often as the neutral or grey tones though.  If I could afford a new car I would try to get one with an unusual color, instead I drive a "pewter"-colored, used Corolla.

When my mom passed I got her car...A 2010 Corolla with less that 25k miles on it.

Proclivities

Proclivities Avatar

Location: Paris of the Piedmont
Gender: Male


Posted: Oct 8, 2026 - 8:28am

 GeneP59 wrote:

Just look at the Mopar color names, for instance of the 60’s and 70’s.

Plum Crazy / In-Violet...

and my favorite Petty Blue / Corporate Blue

AKA Super Blue - My first car, 1973 340ci Cuda’


I see a lot of cars around in more unusual colors, even "affordable" cars:  VW, Subaru, Jeep (Wranglers mostly), Kia, Mazda, Ford Broncos (lots of color choices), even some Toyotas.  I don't see them as often as the neutral or grey tones though.  If I could afford a new car I would try to get one with an unusual color, instead I drive a "pewter"-colored, used Corolla.
black321

black321 Avatar

Location: An earth without maps
Gender: Male


Posted: Oct 8, 2026 - 8:23am

 GeneP59 wrote:

AKA Super Blue - My first car, 1973 340ci Cuda




wow, nice muscle car.
my first car was a baby blue pontiac safari station wagon, with the rear facing third row seats
drove like a boat, but fit lots of friends.

JrzyTmata

JrzyTmata Avatar



Posted: Oct 8, 2026 - 8:16am

 black321 wrote:


I hate black cars....see everything on it. (wife made me get a black car...next one is going to have color, but that's years away.)



I miss yellow cars.
islander

islander Avatar

Location: West coast somewhere
Gender: Male


Posted: Oct 8, 2026 - 8:16am

 GeneP59 wrote:

Just look at the Mopar color names, for instance of the 60’s and 70’s.

Plum Crazy / In-Violet

Sublime / Lime Light

Green Go / Sassy Grass

Go Mango / Vitamin C

Hemi Orange / Tor-Red

Panther Pink / Moulin Rouge

Top Banana / Lemon Twist

Citron Yellow / Curious Yellow

Butterscotch / Bahama Yellow

Bright Green / Rallye Green

And my favorite Petty Blue / Corporate Blue

AKA Super Blue - My first car, 1973 340ci Cuda’





You can still get cool colors, but you have to go to a select few brands: BMW - techno violet and thundernight are purple variants, Isle of Man green could use a cooler name, but it's a great color. McLaren has Volcano orange and Belize blue are both phenomenal in person. Notably, those brands are not for people who typically want to 'blend in'. 
Page: 1, 2, 3 ... 8476, 8477, 8478  Next

Warning: pg_close(): supplied resource is not a valid PostgreSQL link resource in /var/www/html/rp3.php on line 474