Flower Pictures - kcar - Apr 26, 2018 - 10:21pm
 
Trump - kcar - Apr 26, 2018 - 10:18pm
 
Sex - Red_Dragon - Apr 26, 2018 - 8:50pm
 
Baseball, anyone? - Red_Dragon - Apr 26, 2018 - 7:30pm
 
More reggae, less Marley please - R_P - Apr 26, 2018 - 7:02pm
 
North Korea - R_P - Apr 26, 2018 - 6:05pm
 
Counting with Pictures - ScottN - Apr 26, 2018 - 6:01pm
 
Electronic Music - R_P - Apr 26, 2018 - 4:34pm
 
The War On Drugs = Fail - miamizsun - Apr 26, 2018 - 4:11pm
 
Climate Change - miamizsun - Apr 26, 2018 - 4:05pm
 
260,000 Posts in one thread? - Lazy8 - Apr 26, 2018 - 4:04pm
 
Things You Thought Today - Antigone - Apr 26, 2018 - 3:19pm
 
Food - miamizsun - Apr 26, 2018 - 3:16pm
 
What's that smell? - oldviolin - Apr 26, 2018 - 3:02pm
 
The Global War on Terror - R_P - Apr 26, 2018 - 2:17pm
 
Delicacies: a..k.a.. the Gross Food forum - Proclivities - Apr 26, 2018 - 2:01pm
 
RP App for Android - Neversound - Apr 26, 2018 - 1:52pm
 
Global Warming - R_P - Apr 26, 2018 - 1:27pm
 
Marijuana: Baked News. - R_P - Apr 26, 2018 - 1:05pm
 
Breaking News - pigtail - Apr 26, 2018 - 1:00pm
 
Music News - R_P - Apr 26, 2018 - 12:35pm
 
Race in America - sirdroseph - Apr 26, 2018 - 12:11pm
 
Democratic Party - Steely_D - Apr 26, 2018 - 11:57am
 
Radio Paradise Comments - laozilover - Apr 26, 2018 - 10:51am
 
Upcoming concerts or shows you can't wait to see - Steely_D - Apr 26, 2018 - 10:15am
 
Tech & Science - miamizsun - Apr 26, 2018 - 9:22am
 
DARWIN AWARDS! - POST YOUR NOMINATION! - Red_Dragon - Apr 26, 2018 - 8:29am
 
::it's a dress thing:: - Antigone - Apr 26, 2018 - 7:45am
 
Photography Forum - Your Own Photos; Please Limit to 510 ... - Blackbirds - Apr 26, 2018 - 6:49am
 
Favorite Quotes - Red_Dragon - Apr 26, 2018 - 6:46am
 
Fun - Proclivities - Apr 26, 2018 - 6:37am
 
Word of the Day - miamizsun - Apr 26, 2018 - 6:03am
 
Vinyl Only Spin List - ColdMiser - Apr 26, 2018 - 5:05am
 
Two sexes or ? Gender as a non-binary concept - R_P - Apr 25, 2018 - 8:07pm
 
Bug Reports & Feature Requests - kcar - Apr 25, 2018 - 7:11pm
 
Strips, cartoons, illustrations - R_P - Apr 25, 2018 - 4:38pm
 
Anti-War - R_P - Apr 25, 2018 - 2:32pm
 
(Big) Media Watch - R_P - Apr 25, 2018 - 12:57pm
 
Pernicious Pious Proclivities Particularized Prodigiously - sirdroseph - Apr 25, 2018 - 11:41am
 
NASA & other news from space - Red_Dragon - Apr 25, 2018 - 10:29am
 
punk? hip-hop? metal? noise? garage? - rhahl - Apr 25, 2018 - 8:24am
 
Music Lessons - rhahl - Apr 25, 2018 - 8:19am
 
Annoying stuff. not things that piss you off, just annoyi... - ScottFromWyoming - Apr 25, 2018 - 7:38am
 
Prog Rockers Anonymous - rhahl - Apr 25, 2018 - 7:12am
 
New Music - meower - Apr 25, 2018 - 5:29am
 
Heroes - sirdroseph - Apr 25, 2018 - 4:06am
 
The war on funk is over! - miamizsun - Apr 25, 2018 - 3:57am
 
Live Music - R_P - Apr 24, 2018 - 10:58pm
 
YouTube: Music-Videos - oppositelock - Apr 24, 2018 - 9:15pm
 
Unusual News - ScottFromWyoming - Apr 24, 2018 - 8:43pm
 
Private messages in a public forum - haresfur - Apr 24, 2018 - 7:11pm
 
OUR CATS!! - haresfur - Apr 24, 2018 - 6:00pm
 
RP Daily Trivia Challenge - katzendogs - Apr 24, 2018 - 4:00pm
 
songs that ROCK! - ptooey - Apr 24, 2018 - 10:37am
 
The Image Post - kctomato - Apr 24, 2018 - 9:51am
 
Jazz - rhahl - Apr 24, 2018 - 8:12am
 
Mixtape Culture Club - maryte - Apr 24, 2018 - 5:55am
 
Error: Could not retrieve offline list - alvaro - Apr 24, 2018 - 5:21am
 
FLAC Roll Out - marco79cgn - Apr 24, 2018 - 4:16am
 
TV shows you watch - FourFortyEight - Apr 23, 2018 - 8:21pm
 
Those Lovable Policemen - FourFortyEight - Apr 23, 2018 - 7:53pm
 
One Partying State - Wyoming News - ptooey - Apr 23, 2018 - 5:17pm
 
Permanently twinkling eyes - haresfur - Apr 23, 2018 - 3:44pm
 
Freedom of speech? - Steely_D - Apr 23, 2018 - 3:16pm
 
Celebrity Face Recognition - lily34 - Apr 23, 2018 - 11:17am
 
Humane mouse trap? - miamizsun - Apr 23, 2018 - 5:40am
 
What's Your Dream Job? - haresfur - Apr 22, 2018 - 6:33pm
 
What are you doing RIGHT NOW? - helenofjoy - Apr 22, 2018 - 2:23pm
 
NETFLIX - Alexandra - Apr 22, 2018 - 1:39pm
 
Country Up The Bumpkin - sirdroseph - Apr 22, 2018 - 12:06pm
 
What Makes You Sad? - oldviolin - Apr 22, 2018 - 10:48am
 
Name My Band - oldviolin - Apr 22, 2018 - 10:43am
 
What are you listening to now? - SeriousLee - Apr 22, 2018 - 9:22am
 
Celebrity Deaths - islander - Apr 22, 2018 - 7:42am
 
Poetry Forum - Antigone - Apr 22, 2018 - 6:53am
 
Index » Internet/Computer » The Web » Trump Page: 1, 2, 3 ... 441, 442, 443  Next
Post to this Topic
kcar

kcar Avatar



Posted: Apr 26, 2018 - 10:18pm

Justice Department prosecutors in New York took Trump at his televised word that Michael Cohen did very little legal work for him. They argued yesterday that Trump's claim therefore likely means that few of the files seized from Cohen are protected by client-attorney privilege. 

Separated at birth?


gif of Trump doing double take                Homer Simpson saying "Doh!"

{#Roflol}{#Iamwithstupid}  but only because some idiots elected him...


Trump’s TV interview this morning is already being used to undermine him in court

To recap: The FBI raided Cohen’s residence and office earlier this month and seized documents for an investigation being run by the US attorney’s office based in Manhattan (SDNY). A few days later, though, Cohen filed suit to try to block the government from reviewing the seized documents — claiming that “thousands, if not millions” of seized pages should actually be protected by attorney-client privilege and shielded from prosecutorial scrutiny. President Trump and the Trump Organization both joined the suit as well.

Much of the argument here has revolved around determining just how much of a lawyer Cohen really is. SDNY has claimed that he doesn’t seem to have been doing much legal work of late, and should therefore have few communications that merit shielding. 

...

Enter President Trump. In a rambling and angry interview on Fox & Friends this morning, he followed a familiar playbook of his in trying to minimize Cohen’s role now that he’s become scandal-plagued. Asked how much of his legal work Cohen handled, Trump said, “As a percentage of my overall legal work, a tiny, tiny little fraction.”

The problem for Cohen is that this statement by Trump bolsters the government’s case that Cohen’s lawyering wasn’t all that substantial. And indeed, in advance of a scheduled hearing on Cohen’s suit midday Thursday, SDNY quoted that exact statement from Trump, along with a similar statement from Hannity.


kurtster

kurtster Avatar

Location: drifting
Gender: Male
Zodiac: Libra
Chinese Yr: Dragon


Posted: Apr 26, 2018 - 9:08pm

 Steely_D wrote:

Yeah, it was clear that they had an 830 stop time to respect. How about the content? Did he meet your expectations?

 
Same old, same old.  Quit paying attention after about 15 minutes.  Nothing new after that.  He's been calling into the show for years. Used to have a regular slot. This was the first time as POTUS I think.

was just making my last check here before heading to bed.

ta !   
Steely_D
Angular banjoes sound good to me.
Steely_D Avatar

Location: Biscayne Bay
Gender: Male


Posted: Apr 26, 2018 - 9:01pm

 kurtster wrote:

fwiw , I saw most all of it live this morning.   Yes, Trump got wound up and took over the show as you can tell if you watched the whole thing.   They were coming up on a "hard break" as they call it at 8:30 ET and had to wrap it up, any way they could.  It's not easy to tell any POTUS that his time is up when he is your guest ...  Live television ...

 
Yeah, it was clear that they had an 830 stop time to respect. How about the content? Did he meet your expectations?
Red_Dragon

Red_Dragon Avatar



Posted: Apr 26, 2018 - 7:51pm

 kcar wrote:

Presidents don't typically make unscheduled calls into live morning talk shows to babble for 20+ minutes but when you're talking about Trump and he's guaranteed to have his ass kissed the whole time, it makes perfect sense. 

So glad you enjoyed the televised trainwreck. 

 
{#Lol}
kcar

kcar Avatar



Posted: Apr 26, 2018 - 7:47pm

 kurtster wrote:

fwiw , I saw most all of it live this morning.   Yes, Trump got wound up and took over the show as you can tell if you watched the whole thing.   They were coming up on a "hard break" as they call it at 8:30 ET and had to wrap it up, any way they could.  It's not easy to tell any POTUS that his time is up when he is your guest ...  Live television ...

 
Presidents don't typically make unscheduled calls into live morning talk shows to babble for 20+ minutes but when you're talking about Trump and he's guaranteed to have his ass kissed the whole time, it makes perfect sense. 

So glad you enjoyed the televised trainwreck. 
kurtster

kurtster Avatar

Location: drifting
Gender: Male
Zodiac: Libra
Chinese Yr: Dragon


Posted: Apr 26, 2018 - 5:48pm

 Steely_D wrote:
Oh Lordy this thing was a cluster. Watch their faces.

Here's one summary, but you want to see the portions posted elsewhere where they try to interrupt but can't - and then the part where they basically hang up on him. "Well, we know you're busy so we'll let you go..."

This is FOX, not MSNBC. 
This is not "fake news." This is our incompetent, unreliable President of the United States.

 
edit - here's the whole thing. Move towards about the 24 minute mark and he starts losing it, and they cut him off.

 
fwiw , I saw most all of it live this morning.   Yes, Trump got wound up and took over the show as you can tell if you watched the whole thing.   They were coming up on a "hard break" as they call it at 8:30 ET and had to wrap it up, any way they could.  It's not easy to tell any POTUS that his time is up when he is your guest ...  Live television ...
kcar

kcar Avatar



Posted: Apr 26, 2018 - 5:19pm

 Steely_D wrote:
Oh Lordy this thing was a cluster. Watch their faces.

Here's one summary, but you want to see the portions posted elsewhere where they try to interrupt but can't - and then the part where they basically hang up on him. "Well, we know you're busy so we'll let you go..."

This is FOX, not MSNBC. 
This is not "fake news." This is our incompetent, unreliable President of the United States.
edit - here's the whole thing. Move towards about the 24 minute mark and he starts losing it, and they cut him off.


 
The scary thing about FOX is that with Trump glued to their shows, the circle is closed and the conservative echo chamber is airtight. 

You have viewers who will only watch FOX and claim that almost every other news organization broadcasts "fake news." Those viewers will not check sources outside of FOX and other conservatives, and they watch FOX uncritically. 

You have a president who is a constant cyclone of lies that defend and glorify himself. He dotes on FOX and FOX dotes on him. FOX is a free way for Trump to talk to and listen to his base. 

What gets me is that there are likely some responsible journalists at FOX—but they won't speak up or ask tough questions. The ratings with Trump phoning in are too good. 


ScottFromWyoming
I eat pints
ScottFromWyoming Avatar

Location: Powell
Gender: Male
Zodiac: Pisces
Chinese Yr: Tiger


Posted: Apr 26, 2018 - 11:27am

 sirdroseph wrote:
 ScottFromWyoming wrote:

He ordered a second Fifteen-dollar jalapeño margarita. I think I'd toss him just for that.
I keed. A good jalapeño margarita is rare but delicious. I doubt I'd enjoy one in a happy hour bar scene.

 


Holy crap! There's such a thing??

 
Yeah, it's a good margarita, but you run a disk of a pepper around the rim before salting it, then drop it into the glass and muddle it some. Not overpowering but you know it's there.
cc_rider
Strange but not a stranger.
cc_rider Avatar

Location: Bastrop
Gender: Male
Zodiac: Cancer
Chinese Yr: Snake


Posted: Apr 26, 2018 - 11:12am

 sirdroseph wrote:
 ScottFromWyoming wrote:

He ordered a second Fifteen-dollar jalapeño margarita. I think I'd toss him just for that.
I keed. A good jalapeño margarita is rare but delicious. I doubt I'd enjoy one in a happy hour bar scene.


Holy crap! There's such a thing??
 
Oh my yes. A good one is, well, good. A bad one is 'drain cleaner'.

There's also an avocado margarita, I haven't tried one though.
c.
sirdroseph
Endeavor to Perservere
sirdroseph Avatar

Location: Yes
Gender: Male
Zodiac: Sagittarius
Chinese Yr: Dragon


Posted: Apr 26, 2018 - 10:45am

 ScottFromWyoming wrote:

He ordered a second Fifteen-dollar jalapeño margarita. I think I'd toss him just for that.
I keed. A good jalapeño margarita is rare but delicious. I doubt I'd enjoy one in a happy hour bar scene.

 




Holy crap! There's such a thing??
ScottFromWyoming
I eat pints
ScottFromWyoming Avatar

Location: Powell
Gender: Male
Zodiac: Pisces
Chinese Yr: Tiger


Posted: Apr 26, 2018 - 10:42am

 Proclivities wrote:

That guy was served - at first.  Apparently he ran up quite a tab and tipped, even though he was treated shabbily.

 
He ordered a second Fifteen-dollar jalapeño margarita. I think I'd toss him just for that.
I keed. A good jalapeño margarita is rare but delicious. I doubt I'd enjoy one in a happy hour bar scene.
sirdroseph
Endeavor to Perservere
sirdroseph Avatar

Location: Yes
Gender: Male
Zodiac: Sagittarius
Chinese Yr: Dragon


Posted: Apr 26, 2018 - 10:35am

 ScottFromWyoming wrote:

I'm sure the internet is alive with comparisons to bakeries.

I agree it's usually best to just serve the folks and take their money. They'll get a clue and leave soon enough. In the case of the bakers, I would take the money and donate it to a cause.

 




I agree. It is just too fraught with possible legal issues.
Proclivities
“If you can't control your peanut butter, you can't expect to control your life.
Proclivities Avatar

Location: Paris of the Piedmont
Gender: Male
Zodiac: Aries
Chinese Yr: Tiger


Posted: Apr 26, 2018 - 10:31am

 ScottFromWyoming wrote:

I'm sure the internet is alive with comparisons to bakeries.

I agree it's usually best to just serve the folks and take their money. They'll get a clue and leave soon enough. In the case of the bakers, I would take the money and donate it to a cause.

 
That guy was served - at first.  Apparently he ran up quite a tab and tipped, even though he was treated shabbily.
ScottFromWyoming
I eat pints
ScottFromWyoming Avatar

Location: Powell
Gender: Male
Zodiac: Pisces
Chinese Yr: Tiger


Posted: Apr 26, 2018 - 10:28am

 sirdroseph wrote:
 
Would be interesting to see what would happen if a minority of any kind were to have this happen to them and they cited purely political reasons. Say a woman or Kanye West? Would also be interested to see what everyone here's response would be had a bar owner thrown out someone for wearing an I'm with Her hat? Wondering if it would be considered outrageous is all. I have no doubt though that no one would have a problem with that though. ;-)

 
I'm sure the internet is alive with comparisons to bakeries.

I agree it's usually best to just serve the folks and take their money. They'll get a clue and leave soon enough. In the case of the bakers, I would take the money and donate it to a cause.
Steely_D
Angular banjoes sound good to me.
Steely_D Avatar

Location: Biscayne Bay
Gender: Male


Posted: Apr 26, 2018 - 10:24am

Oh Lordy this thing was a cluster. Watch their faces.

Here's one summary, but you want to see the portions posted elsewhere where they try to interrupt but can't - and then the part where they basically hang up on him. "Well, we know you're busy so we'll let you go..."

This is FOX, not MSNBC. 
This is not "fake news." This is our incompetent, unreliable President of the United States.

 
edit - here's the whole thing. Move towards about the 24 minute mark and he starts losing it, and they cut him off.





sirdroseph
Endeavor to Perservere
sirdroseph Avatar

Location: Yes
Gender: Male
Zodiac: Sagittarius
Chinese Yr: Dragon


Posted: Apr 26, 2018 - 10:21am

 R_P wrote:
Judge: Bars are allowed to throw out Trump supporters
Cheers, Trump haters.

A Manhattan judge ruled Wednesday that there’s nothing “outrageous” about throwing the president’s supporters out of bars — because the law doesn’t protect against political discrimination.

Philadelphia accountant Greg Piatek, 31, was bounced from a West Village watering hole in January 2017, just after Trump took the oath of office, for wearing a “Make America Great Again” cap, according to his lawsuit over the incident.

“Anyone who supports Trump — or believes in what you believe — is not welcome here! And you need to leave right now because we won’t serve you!” Piatek claims the staff of The Happiest Hour on West 10th Street told him after he and his pals complained about the rude service they were getting from a bartender.

So he sued in Manhattan Supreme Court, claiming the incident “offended his sense of being American.”

But on Wednesday, when the bar’s lawyer, Elizabeth Conway, pointed out that only religious, and not political, beliefs are protected under state and city discrimination laws, saying, “supporting Trump is not a religion” — Piatek pivoted.

“The purpose of the hat is that he wore it because he was visiting the 9/11 Memorial,” his attorney Paul Liggieri told Justice David Cohen in court Wednesday.

“He was paying spiritual tribute to the victims of 9/11. The Make American Great Again hat was part of his spiritual belief,” Liggieri claimed. Piatek and his pals had, in fact, visited the memorial before the bar.

“Rather than remove his hat, instead he held true to his spiritual belief and was forced from the bar,” Liggieri said.

When the judge asked how the bar employees were supposed to be aware of Piatek’s unusual religious beliefs, Liggieri answered, “They were aware he was wearing the hat.”

“How many members are in this spiritual program that your client is engaged in?” the judge asked.

“Your honor, we don’t allege the amount of individuals,” Liggieri said.

“So, it’s a creed of one?” the judge asked.

“Yes, your honor,” Liggieri replied.

After nearly an hour of argument the judge took a short break and then returned to the bench with his ruling.

“Plaintiff does not state any faith-based principle to which the hat relates,” Cohen said in tossing the case.

Piatek had sued for unspecified emotional damages, but the judge said the incident amounted to nothing more than a “petty” slight.

“Here the claim that plaintiff was not served and eventually escorted out of the bar because of his perceived support for President Trump is not outrageous conduct,” the judge ruled.

Liggieri said he plans to review the decision to determine whether or not to appeal.


 





Would be interesting to see what would happen if a minority of any kind were to have this happen to them and they cited purely political reasons. Say a woman or Kanye West? Would also be interested to see what everyone here's response would be had a bar owner thrown out someone for wearing an I'm with Her hat? Wondering if it would be considered outrageous is all. I have no doubt though that no one would have a problem with that though. ;-)
ScottFromWyoming
I eat pints
ScottFromWyoming Avatar

Location: Powell
Gender: Male
Zodiac: Pisces
Chinese Yr: Tiger


Posted: Apr 26, 2018 - 10:21am

 R_P wrote:
Judge: Bars are allowed to throw out Trump supporters
Cheers, Trump haters.

A Manhattan judge ruled Wednesday that there’s nothing “outrageous” about throwing the president’s supporters out of bars — because the law doesn’t protect against political discrimination.

Philadelphia accountant Greg Piatek, 31, was bounced from a West Village watering hole in January 2017, just after Trump took the oath of office, for wearing a “Make America Great Again” cap, according to his lawsuit over the incident.

“Anyone who supports Trump — or believes in what you believe — is not welcome here! And you need to leave right now because we won’t serve you!” Piatek claims the staff of The Happiest Hour on West 10th Street told him after he and his pals complained about the rude service they were getting from a bartender.

So he sued in Manhattan Supreme Court, claiming the incident “offended his sense of being American.”

But on Wednesday, when the bar’s lawyer, Elizabeth Conway, pointed out that only religious, and not political, beliefs are protected under state and city discrimination laws, saying, “supporting Trump is not a religion” — Piatek pivoted.

“The purpose of the hat is that he wore it because he was visiting the 9/11 Memorial,” his attorney Paul Liggieri told Justice David Cohen in court Wednesday.

“He was paying spiritual tribute to the victims of 9/11. The Make American Great Again hat was part of his spiritual belief,” Liggieri claimed. Piatek and his pals had, in fact, visited the memorial before the bar.

“Rather than remove his hat, instead he held true to his spiritual belief and was forced from the bar,” Liggieri said.

When the judge asked how the bar employees were supposed to be aware of Piatek’s unusual religious beliefs, Liggieri answered, “They were aware he was wearing the hat.”

“How many members are in this spiritual program that your client is engaged in?” the judge asked.

“Your honor, we don’t allege the amount of individuals,” Liggieri said.

“So, it’s a creed of one?” the judge asked.

“Yes, your honor,” Liggieri replied.

After nearly an hour of argument the judge took a short break and then returned to the bench with his ruling.

“Plaintiff does not state any faith-based principle to which the hat relates,” Cohen said in tossing the case.

Piatek had sued for unspecified emotional damages, but the judge said the incident amounted to nothing more than a “petty” slight.

“Here the claim that plaintiff was not served and eventually escorted out of the bar because of his perceived support for President Trump is not outrageous conduct,” the judge ruled.

Liggieri said he plans to review the decision to determine whether or not to appeal.


 

cc_rider
Strange but not a stranger.
cc_rider Avatar

Location: Bastrop
Gender: Male
Zodiac: Cancer
Chinese Yr: Snake


Posted: Apr 26, 2018 - 10:18am

 R_P wrote: 
Kind of ridiculous, the guy suing over it. Snowflake much?

I guarantee there are businesses that refused to serve people wearing, say, 'Hillary For President' gear. Or swastika armbands, for that matter. Both are protected speech, but not protected from 'discrimination'.
c.
R_P
Oînk, oînk, OÎNK!
R_P Avatar



Posted: Apr 26, 2018 - 10:02am

Judge: Bars are allowed to throw out Trump supporters
Cheers, Trump haters.

A Manhattan judge ruled Wednesday that there’s nothing “outrageous” about throwing the president’s supporters out of bars — because the law doesn’t protect against political discrimination.

Philadelphia accountant Greg Piatek, 31, was bounced from a West Village watering hole in January 2017, just after Trump took the oath of office, for wearing a “Make America Great Again” cap, according to his lawsuit over the incident.

“Anyone who supports Trump — or believes in what you believe — is not welcome here! And you need to leave right now because we won’t serve you!” Piatek claims the staff of The Happiest Hour on West 10th Street told him after he and his pals complained about the rude service they were getting from a bartender.

So he sued in Manhattan Supreme Court, claiming the incident “offended his sense of being American.”

But on Wednesday, when the bar’s lawyer, Elizabeth Conway, pointed out that only religious, and not political, beliefs are protected under state and city discrimination laws, saying, “supporting Trump is not a religion” — Piatek pivoted.

“The purpose of the hat is that he wore it because he was visiting the 9/11 Memorial,” his attorney Paul Liggieri told Justice David Cohen in court Wednesday.

“He was paying spiritual tribute to the victims of 9/11. The Make American Great Again hat was part of his spiritual belief,” Liggieri claimed. Piatek and his pals had, in fact, visited the memorial before the bar.

“Rather than remove his hat, instead he held true to his spiritual belief and was forced from the bar,” Liggieri said.

When the judge asked how the bar employees were supposed to be aware of Piatek’s unusual religious beliefs, Liggieri answered, “They were aware he was wearing the hat.”

“How many members are in this spiritual program that your client is engaged in?” the judge asked.

“Your honor, we don’t allege the amount of individuals,” Liggieri said.

“So, it’s a creed of one?” the judge asked.

“Yes, your honor,” Liggieri replied.

After nearly an hour of argument the judge took a short break and then returned to the bench with his ruling.

“Plaintiff does not state any faith-based principle to which the hat relates,” Cohen said in tossing the case.

Piatek had sued for unspecified emotional damages, but the judge said the incident amounted to nothing more than a “petty” slight.

“Here the claim that plaintiff was not served and eventually escorted out of the bar because of his perceived support for President Trump is not outrageous conduct,” the judge ruled.

Liggieri said he plans to review the decision to determine whether or not to appeal.

Red_Dragon

Red_Dragon Avatar



Posted: Apr 26, 2018 - 9:36am

Even Jim Inhofe is turning on Scott Pruitt!
Page: 1, 2, 3 ... 441, 442, 443  Next