[ ]   [ ]   [ ]                        [ ]      [ ]   [ ]

Immigration - westslope - Sep 26, 2021 - 7:48am
 
Radio Paradise Comments - miamizsun - Sep 26, 2021 - 7:48am
 
COVID-19 - sirdroseph - Sep 26, 2021 - 7:32am
 
The Obituary Page - kurtster - Sep 26, 2021 - 7:05am
 
Wanna Race? - miamizsun - Sep 26, 2021 - 6:08am
 
Britain - Red_Dragon - Sep 26, 2021 - 6:05am
 
Stream breaking every few seconds - bufes - Sep 25, 2021 - 11:51pm
 
Marijuana: Baked News. - islander - Sep 25, 2021 - 10:56pm
 
Republican Party - Steely_D - Sep 25, 2021 - 8:17pm
 
The Dragons' Roost - Manbird - Sep 25, 2021 - 7:06pm
 
2020 Elections - islander - Sep 25, 2021 - 6:28pm
 
Name My Band - oldviolin - Sep 25, 2021 - 5:22pm
 
What The Hell Buddy? - Manbird - Sep 25, 2021 - 2:19pm
 
All Dogs Go To Heaven - Dog Pix - Manbird - Sep 25, 2021 - 10:44am
 
Derplahoma! - Lazy8 - Sep 25, 2021 - 8:06am
 
• • • The Once-a-Day • • •  - oldviolin - Sep 25, 2021 - 7:44am
 
Shuttle, ISS and other Real Space Ships - Red_Dragon - Sep 25, 2021 - 7:40am
 
TOILET FUN! - R_P - Sep 24, 2021 - 9:35pm
 
RightWingNutZ - R_P - Sep 24, 2021 - 7:16pm
 
Gotta Get Your Drink On - miamizsun - Sep 24, 2021 - 7:00pm
 
Joe Biden - R_P - Sep 24, 2021 - 6:49pm
 
Manbird's Episiotomy Stitch Licking Clinic - KEEP OUT - oldviolin - Sep 24, 2021 - 7:31am
 
Counting with Pictures - ScottN - Sep 24, 2021 - 6:25am
 
Your favorite tshirts - Red_Dragon - Sep 24, 2021 - 5:48am
 
Music documentaries - oldviolin - Sep 23, 2021 - 7:42pm
 
Trump - Red_Dragon - Sep 23, 2021 - 6:27pm
 
Poetry Forum - Antigone - Sep 23, 2021 - 4:57pm
 
The Great Reset - Ohmsen - Sep 23, 2021 - 2:17pm
 
Putin Owns Trump - Ohmsen - Sep 23, 2021 - 2:09pm
 
Got a good recipe you care to share ??? - Ohmsen - Sep 23, 2021 - 1:45pm
 
Play the Blues - black321 - Sep 23, 2021 - 1:03pm
 
Way Cool Video - Ohmsen - Sep 23, 2021 - 12:51pm
 
A motivational quote - black321 - Sep 23, 2021 - 12:13pm
 
volcano! - NoEnzLefttoSplit - Sep 23, 2021 - 11:05am
 
Bear! - oldviolin - Sep 23, 2021 - 9:27am
 
Photography Forum - Your Own Photos - oldviolin - Sep 23, 2021 - 9:01am
 
Military Matters - Red_Dragon - Sep 22, 2021 - 4:37pm
 
Think About It - miamizsun - Sep 22, 2021 - 3:09pm
 
Google Assistant not streaming RP Main Mix - temexter - Sep 22, 2021 - 3:08pm
 
Interesting or Weird Cover Versions - miamizsun - Sep 22, 2021 - 2:07pm
 
Australia has Disappeared - haresfur - Sep 22, 2021 - 2:05pm
 
Baseball, anyone? - ScottFromWyoming - Sep 22, 2021 - 9:58am
 
Climate Change - westslope - Sep 22, 2021 - 8:27am
 
Strange signs, marquees, billboards, etc. - Proclivities - Sep 22, 2021 - 5:58am
 
Radio Paradise NFL Pick'em Group - sunybuny - Sep 22, 2021 - 4:49am
 
New Music - oppositelock - Sep 21, 2021 - 7:15pm
 
Sunrise, Sunset - oldviolin - Sep 21, 2021 - 1:58pm
 
If not RP, what are you listening to right now? - rgio - Sep 21, 2021 - 12:50pm
 
The war on funk is over! - Ohmsen - Sep 21, 2021 - 10:39am
 
Pernicious Pious Proclivities Particularized Prodigiously - R_P - Sep 21, 2021 - 10:33am
 
Crazy? Quiz - KurtfromLaQuinta - Sep 21, 2021 - 10:25am
 
BACK TO THE 80's - Ohmsen - Sep 21, 2021 - 9:11am
 
Make Scott laugh - Ohmsen - Sep 21, 2021 - 8:11am
 
International Day of Peace - miamizsun - Sep 21, 2021 - 4:21am
 
Museum Of Bad Album Covers - yuel - Sep 21, 2021 - 3:05am
 
Things You Thought Today - haresfur - Sep 21, 2021 - 12:35am
 
What the hell OV? - oldviolin - Sep 20, 2021 - 9:42pm
 
That's good advice - oldviolin - Sep 20, 2021 - 8:49pm
 
Breaking News - Red_Dragon - Sep 20, 2021 - 7:52pm
 
Hello from France - westslope - Sep 20, 2021 - 6:45pm
 
Bug Reports & Feature Requests - ScottFromWyoming - Sep 20, 2021 - 10:17am
 
What is the meaning of this? - oldviolin - Sep 20, 2021 - 8:58am
 
Philosophy (Meaty Metaphysical Munchables!) - sirdroseph - Sep 20, 2021 - 5:19am
 
The Future is here! - sirdroseph - Sep 20, 2021 - 4:42am
 
Taxes, Taxes, Taxes (and Taxes) - R_P - Sep 19, 2021 - 4:05pm
 
Crazy conspiracy theories - Ohmsen - Sep 19, 2021 - 2:11pm
 
Photos you have taken of yourself - Antigone - Sep 19, 2021 - 1:52pm
 
HALF A WORLD - oldviolin - Sep 19, 2021 - 11:43am
 
Recommended documentaries - Ohmsen - Sep 19, 2021 - 11:37am
 
What are you doing RIGHT NOW? - miamizsun - Sep 19, 2021 - 6:40am
 
-PUNS- Fast Food - haresfur - Sep 18, 2021 - 11:03pm
 
You heard it here first - rhahl - Sep 18, 2021 - 9:29pm
 
As California Goes, So Goes The Rest Of The Country - haresfur - Sep 18, 2021 - 5:45pm
 
Graphic designers, ho's! - Proclivities - Sep 18, 2021 - 10:11am
 
what the hell, miamizsun? - oldviolin - Sep 18, 2021 - 8:59am
 
Index » Regional/Local » Elsewhere » Redundancy
Post to this Topic
oldviolin

oldviolin Avatar

Location: esse quam videri
Gender: Male


Posted: Jun 19, 2019 - 3:15pm



 Egctheow wrote:


 kcar wrote:


"Our Philosophy:

They say that the clothes make you. What if we were to say that wearing this garment makes you a better person. A person that stands up for what they believe.A person that isn't afraid to stand up for what is right, no matter what the cost. The cost of this garment is integrity. Integrity, of what we are at Sheehan & Co. and who you are. Our Mission to you is to stand up, be loud, and be proud. Life's too short to stay quiet." 

I get the impression that the model/owner is trapped in a brand and visual style that took him years to hone. He's like something out of an urban hipster/There Will Be Blood version of Seinfeld's J Peterman

But hey, since this thread's about redundancy, you have to applaud his repetitive ad copy. 


 
J Peterman

Can't believe I'd forgotten about him :-)))) Nice one.
The model also has a Sean Connery vibe about him, hence my thinking of Zardoz. I can't wait for his Name of the Rose's endeavour.
Redundancy as in double safety. Don't trust a man who wears a belt and suspenders. Like Cameron in Ferris Bueller's Day Off.
 

And quite a few years before that...

Egctheow

Egctheow Avatar

Location: In over my head
Gender: Male


Posted: Jun 19, 2019 - 2:46pm



 kcar wrote:


"Our Philosophy:

They say that the clothes make you. What if we were to say that wearing this garment makes you a better person. A person that stands up for what they believe.A person that isn't afraid to stand up for what is right, no matter what the cost. The cost of this garment is integrity. Integrity, of what we are at Sheehan & Co. and who you are. Our Mission to you is to stand up, be loud, and be proud. Life's too short to stay quiet." 

I get the impression that the model/owner is trapped in a brand and visual style that took him years to hone. He's like something out of an urban hipster/There Will Be Blood version of Seinfeld's J Peterman

But hey, since this thread's about redundancy, you have to applaud his repetitive ad copy. 


 
J Peterman
Can't believe I'd forgotten about him :-)))) Nice one.
The model also has a Sean Connery vibe about him, hence my thinking of Zardoz. I can't wait for his Name of the Rose's endeavour.
Redundancy as in double safety. Don't trust a man who wears a belt and suspenders. Like Cameron in Ferris Bueller's Day Off.
kcar

kcar Avatar



Posted: Jun 19, 2019 - 2:20pm

 Proclivities wrote:


 kcar wrote:


Hey, isn't that the same model wearing the green shirt with belt and suspenders a few posts back? Or is there a whole group of belt-and-suspender types who just look alike? 
 
Yes, that other photo was from the same company.  Apparently that model is also the owner of the company; click on the company's site link in earlier posts if you think you can keep from laughing out loud.  That said, there are a bunch of those belt-and-suspender types who do look alike.
 

"Our Philosophy:

They say that the clothes make you. What if we were to say that wearing this garment makes you a better person. A person that stands up for what they believe.A person that isn't afraid to stand up for what is right, no matter what the cost. The cost of this garment is integrity. Integrity, of what we are at Sheehan & Co. and who you are. Our Mission to you is to stand up, be loud, and be proud. Life's too short to stay quiet." 

I get the impression that the model/owner is trapped in a brand and visual style that took him years to hone. He's like something out of an urban hipster/There Will Be Blood version of Seinfeld's J Peterman

But hey, since this thread's about redundancy, you have to applaud his repetitive ad copy. 


Proclivities

Proclivities Avatar

Location: Paris of the Piedmont
Gender: Male


Posted: Jun 19, 2019 - 1:58pm



 kcar wrote:


Hey, isn't that the same model wearing the green shirt with belt and suspenders a few posts back? Or is there a whole group of belt-and-suspender types who just look alike? 
 
Yes, that other photo was from the same company.  Apparently that model is also the owner of the company; click on the company's site link in earlier posts if you think you can keep from laughing out loud.  That said, there are a bunch of those belt-and-suspender types who do look alike.

kcar

kcar Avatar



Posted: Jun 19, 2019 - 1:51pm

 Egctheow wrote:


 ScottFromWyoming wrote:


 Proclivities wrote:


 ScottFromWyoming wrote:
 
I remember a few iterations of the suspenders-and-a-belt jokes on TV in the 60s-70s. I think even Mork and Mindy did one. 

But the ones that I think of, a guy walks onscreen, maybe in a Bob Hope special, and Bob or the Emcee, someone points at the guy and mocks "Belt and suspenders?" and the guy says "I ate at the Chinese restaurant and my fortune cookie said {something about being careful I'm sure it was funny}

And another one of those shows, probably written by the same hacks, the guy says "I saw a black cat today. It was a photo in the newspaper, but hey, better safe than sorry!" 
=====================

I like the leather suspenders (okay, braces) with all the adjustments and reinforcements like they're really meant for some serious business but the ends are just basic bolt snaps, like a dog leash, hooked onto his belt loops.

 
Yes, I remember there being jokes about stuff like that back then.  I vaguely remember some skit or movie where a guy had so many coins or something else heavy in his pockets that he had to wear a belt and suspenders - I think that's what made me think of that "world's heaviest pants" scenario.  Yeah, the leather braces are pretty ornate with the O-rings and rivets - they do look like they're for some heavy-duty activity like mountain climbing or dangerous secret agent activities - then they have the common key-ring clips at the ends.  You can see that there's a horizontal strap attached to those O-rings that goes around the back - sorta like a faux holster.  Apparently the "leather strappy suspenders" thing is trendy.

 

Ooh lawd. If you want douchey, check out the concealed carry shoulder holster for your phone.
 

Perhaps he's just got an app against smelly armpits? But it's gotta be worn close to said armpit?

(sorry if I'm messy with my posts, I'm kind of new to this, so not sure about posting etiquette. Also not my intention to crash anybody's party
)

 

Hey, isn't that the same model wearing the green shirt with belt and suspenders a few posts back? Or is there a whole group of belt-and-suspender types who just look alike? 
Egctheow

Egctheow Avatar

Location: In over my head
Gender: Male


Posted: Jun 19, 2019 - 10:49am



 Proclivities wrote:


 Egctheow wrote:
 

Perhaps he's just got a app against smelly armpits? But it's gotta be worn close to said armpit?

(sorry if I'm messy with my posts, I'm kind of new to this, so not sure about posting etiquette. Also not my intention to crash anybody's party
)
 

No problem; it's not a "party crash".  If you gather the fortitude to look at that site, it appears that the strappy gear was at least partially inspired by some Zardoz fetish though.
 
Thanks :-) and thanks for the site, I think ;-)
To each his own, but this is kind of weird. I can imagine funny undressing followed by partial re-dressing scenes... 
I wish I'd been at the market analysis presentation. And why would you buy the arm bands when dog collars would do the trick just fine? I would also be curious to find out about the conscious and unconscious (those are  probably the more interesting) statements made by those who wear these.

Proclivities

Proclivities Avatar

Location: Paris of the Piedmont
Gender: Male


Posted: Jun 19, 2019 - 6:41am



 Egctheow wrote:
 

Perhaps he's just got a app against smelly armpits? But it's gotta be worn close to said armpit?

(sorry if I'm messy with my posts, I'm kind of new to this, so not sure about posting etiquette. Also not my intention to crash anybody's party
)
 

No problem; it's not a "party crash".  If you gather the fortitude to look at that site, it appears that the strappy gear was at least partially inspired by some Zardoz fetish though.
Egctheow

Egctheow Avatar

Location: In over my head
Gender: Male


Posted: Jun 18, 2019 - 1:42pm



 ScottFromWyoming wrote:


 Proclivities wrote:


 ScottFromWyoming wrote:
 
I remember a few iterations of the suspenders-and-a-belt jokes on TV in the 60s-70s. I think even Mork and Mindy did one. 

But the ones that I think of, a guy walks onscreen, maybe in a Bob Hope special, and Bob or the Emcee, someone points at the guy and mocks "Belt and suspenders?" and the guy says "I ate at the Chinese restaurant and my fortune cookie said {something about being careful I'm sure it was funny}

And another one of those shows, probably written by the same hacks, the guy says "I saw a black cat today. It was a photo in the newspaper, but hey, better safe than sorry!" 
=====================

I like the leather suspenders (okay, braces) with all the adjustments and reinforcements like they're really meant for some serious business but the ends are just basic bolt snaps, like a dog leash, hooked onto his belt loops.

 
Yes, I remember there being jokes about stuff like that back then.  I vaguely remember some skit or movie where a guy had so many coins or something else heavy in his pockets that he had to wear a belt and suspenders - I think that's what made me think of that "world's heaviest pants" scenario.  Yeah, the leather braces are pretty ornate with the O-rings and rivets - they do look like they're for some heavy-duty activity like mountain climbing or dangerous secret agent activities - then they have the common key-ring clips at the ends.  You can see that there's a horizontal strap attached to those O-rings that goes around the back - sorta like a faux holster.  Apparently the "leather strappy suspenders" thing is trendy.

 

Ooh lawd. If you want douchey, check out the concealed carry shoulder holster for your phone.

 

Perhaps he's just got an app against smelly armpits? But it's gotta be worn close to said armpit?

(sorry if I'm messy with my posts, I'm kind of new to this, so not sure about posting etiquette. Also not my intention to crash anybody's party
)
Egctheow

Egctheow Avatar

Location: In over my head
Gender: Male


Posted: Jun 18, 2019 - 1:38pm

KInd of like Sean Connery in Zardoz




 sirdroseph wrote:
 Proclivities wrote:
An irksome fashion trend of late:
Lumineers


 

The guy on the top looks quite douchy, but I forgive the guy on the bottom, he is a performer so there must be stage persona allowances and what not.   Guy on the top has gone outside the paradigm of douchiness tho and I would not want to frequent anywhere that this was acceptable attire.

{#Lol}







 

pigtail

pigtail Avatar

Location: Southern California
Gender: Female


Posted: Jun 18, 2019 - 1:24pm



 ScottFromWyoming wrote:


 Proclivities wrote:


 ScottFromWyoming wrote:
 
I remember a few iterations of the suspenders-and-a-belt jokes on TV in the 60s-70s. I think even Mork and Mindy did one. 

But the ones that I think of, a guy walks onscreen, maybe in a Bob Hope special, and Bob or the Emcee, someone points at the guy and mocks "Belt and suspenders?" and the guy says "I ate at the Chinese restaurant and my fortune cookie said {something about being careful I'm sure it was funny}

And another one of those shows, probably written by the same hacks, the guy says "I saw a black cat today. It was a photo in the newspaper, but hey, better safe than sorry!" 
=====================

I like the leather suspenders (okay, braces) with all the adjustments and reinforcements like they're really meant for some serious business but the ends are just basic bolt snaps, like a dog leash, hooked onto his belt loops.

 
Yes, I remember there being jokes about stuff like that back then.  I vaguely remember some skit or movie where a guy had so many coins or something else heavy in his pockets that he had to wear a belt and suspenders - I think that's what made me think of that "world's heaviest pants" scenario.  Yeah, the leather braces are pretty ornate with the O-rings and rivets - they do look like they're for some heavy-duty activity like mountain climbing or dangerous secret agent activities - then they have the common key-ring clips at the ends.  You can see that there's a horizontal strap attached to those O-rings that goes around the back - sorta like a faux holster.  Apparently the "leather strappy suspenders" thing is trendy.

 

Ooh lawd. If you want douchey, check out the concealed carry shoulder holster for your phone.


 



ScottFromWyoming

ScottFromWyoming Avatar

Location: Powell
Gender: Male


Posted: Jun 18, 2019 - 12:31pm



 Proclivities wrote:


 ScottFromWyoming wrote:
 
I remember a few iterations of the suspenders-and-a-belt jokes on TV in the 60s-70s. I think even Mork and Mindy did one. 

But the ones that I think of, a guy walks onscreen, maybe in a Bob Hope special, and Bob or the Emcee, someone points at the guy and mocks "Belt and suspenders?" and the guy says "I ate at the Chinese restaurant and my fortune cookie said {something about being careful I'm sure it was funny}

And another one of those shows, probably written by the same hacks, the guy says "I saw a black cat today. It was a photo in the newspaper, but hey, better safe than sorry!" 
=====================

I like the leather suspenders (okay, braces) with all the adjustments and reinforcements like they're really meant for some serious business but the ends are just basic bolt snaps, like a dog leash, hooked onto his belt loops.

 
Yes, I remember there being jokes about stuff like that back then.  I vaguely remember some skit or movie where a guy had so many coins or something else heavy in his pockets that he had to wear a belt and suspenders - I think that's what made me think of that "world's heaviest pants" scenario.  Yeah, the leather braces are pretty ornate with the O-rings and rivets - they do look like they're for some heavy-duty activity like mountain climbing or dangerous secret agent activities - then they have the common key-ring clips at the ends.  You can see that there's a horizontal strap attached to those O-rings that goes around the back - sorta like a faux holster.  Apparently the "leather strappy suspenders" thing is trendy.

 

Ooh lawd. If you want douchey, check out the concealed carry shoulder holster for your phone.

Proclivities

Proclivities Avatar

Location: Paris of the Piedmont
Gender: Male


Posted: Jun 18, 2019 - 12:12pm



 ScottFromWyoming wrote:
 
I remember a few iterations of the suspenders-and-a-belt jokes on TV in the 60s-70s. I think even Mork and Mindy did one. 

But the ones that I think of, a guy walks onscreen, maybe in a Bob Hope special, and Bob or the Emcee, someone points at the guy and mocks "Belt and suspenders?" and the guy says "I ate at the Chinese restaurant and my fortune cookie said {something about being careful I'm sure it was funny}

And another one of those shows, probably written by the same hacks, the guy says "I saw a black cat today. It was a photo in the newspaper, but hey, better safe than sorry!" 
=====================

I like the leather suspenders (okay, braces) with all the adjustments and reinforcements like they're really meant for some serious business but the ends are just basic bolt snaps, like a dog leash, hooked onto his belt loops.

 
Yes, I remember there being jokes about stuff like that back then.  I vaguely remember some skit or movie where a guy had so many coins or something else heavy in his pockets that he had to wear a belt and suspenders - I think that's what made me think of that "world's heaviest pants" scenario.  Yeah, the leather braces are pretty ornate with the O-rings and rivets - they do look like they're for some heavy-duty activity like mountain climbing or dangerous secret agent activities - then they have the common key-ring clips at the ends.  You can see that there's a horizontal strap attached to those O-rings that goes around the back - sorta like a faux holster.  Apparently the "leather strappy suspenders" thing is trendy.

NoEnzLefttoSplit

NoEnzLefttoSplit Avatar

Gender: Male


Posted: Jun 18, 2019 - 12:01pm

 buzz wrote:
redundancy again? {#Rolleyes}

 

buzz

buzz Avatar

Location: up the boohai


Posted: Jun 18, 2019 - 11:54am

redundancy again? {#Rolleyes}
ScottFromWyoming

ScottFromWyoming Avatar

Location: Powell
Gender: Male


Posted: Jun 18, 2019 - 11:46am



 Proclivities wrote:


 sirdroseph wrote:
 The guy on the top looks quite douchy, but I forgive the guy on the bottom, he is a performer so there must be stage persona allowances and what not.   Guy on the top has gone outside the paradigm of douchiness tho and I would not want to frequent anywhere that this was acceptable attire.

{#Lol}

 

I agree about the douchiness of the male model, though the bottom guy is from The Lumineers (who I don't especially care for), and they exude all that hipster, scraggly beards, suspenders, fedoras, vests, Henley shirt, Doc Marten boots stuff.  But as you said, it's a stage persona, a uniform that all those quasi-folk, whooping bands are required to wear.  Still, unless you're a  Pinky Lee impersonator, or wearing the world's heaviest pants, wearing suspenders and a belt is just stupid - it's like wearing a visor with a baseball cap.
 
I remember a few iterations of the suspenders-and-a-belt jokes on TV in the 60s-70s. I think even Mork and Mindy did one. 

But the ones that I think of, a guy walks onscreen, maybe in a Bob Hope special, and Bob or the Emcee, someone points at the guy and mocks "Belt and suspenders?" and the guy says "I ate at the Chinese restaurant and my fortune cookie said {something about being careful I'm sure it was funny}

And another one of those shows, probably written by the same hacks, the guy says "I saw a black cat today. It was a photo in the newspaper, but hey, better safe than sorry!" 
=====================

I like the leather suspenders (okay, braces) with all the adjustments and reinforcements like they're really meant for some serious business but the ends are just basic bolt snaps, like a dog leash, hooked onto his belt loops.

sirdroseph

sirdroseph Avatar

Location: Yes
Gender: Male


Posted: Jun 18, 2019 - 10:25am

 Proclivities wrote:


 sirdroseph wrote:
 The guy on the top looks quite douchy, but I forgive the guy on the bottom, he is a performer so there must be stage persona allowances and what not.   Guy on the top has gone outside the paradigm of douchiness tho and I would not want to frequent anywhere that this was acceptable attire.

{#Lol}
 

I agree about the douchiness of the male model, though the bottom guy is from The Lumineers (who I don't especially care for), and they exude all that hipster, scraggly beards, suspenders, fedoras, vests, Henley shirt, Doc Marten boots stuff.  But as you said, it's a stage persona, a uniform that all those quasi-folk, whooping bands are required to wear.  Still, unless you're a  Pinky Lee impersonator, or wearing the world's heaviest pants, wearing suspenders and a belt is just stupid - it's like wearing a visor with a baseball cap.

 
Totally with you on the Lumineers take. I hereby withdraw my acceptance of him.{#Cool}
Proclivities

Proclivities Avatar

Location: Paris of the Piedmont
Gender: Male


Posted: Jun 18, 2019 - 10:16am



 sirdroseph wrote:
 The guy on the top looks quite douchy, but I forgive the guy on the bottom, he is a performer so there must be stage persona allowances and what not.   Guy on the top has gone outside the paradigm of douchiness tho and I would not want to frequent anywhere that this was acceptable attire.

{#Lol}

 

I agree about the douchiness of the male model, though the bottom guy is from The Lumineers (who I don't especially care for), and they exude all that hipster, scraggly beards, suspenders, fedoras, vests, Henley shirt, Doc Marten boots stuff.  But as you said, it's a stage persona, a uniform that all those quasi-folk, whooping bands are required to wear.  Still, unless you're a  Pinky Lee impersonator, or wearing the world's heaviest pants, wearing suspenders and a belt is just stupid - it's like wearing a visor with a baseball cap.
sirdroseph

sirdroseph Avatar

Location: Yes
Gender: Male


Posted: Jun 18, 2019 - 9:53am

 Proclivities wrote:
An irksome fashion trend of late:
Lumineers

 

The guy on the top looks quite douchy, but I forgive the guy on the bottom, he is a performer so there must be stage persona allowances and what not.   Guy on the top has gone outside the paradigm of douchiness tho and I would not want to frequent anywhere that this was acceptable attire.{#Lol}




Proclivities

Proclivities Avatar

Location: Paris of the Piedmont
Gender: Male


Posted: Jun 18, 2019 - 9:27am

An irksome fashion trend of late:
Lumineers

Proclivities

Proclivities Avatar

Location: Paris of the Piedmont
Gender: Male


Posted: Feb 23, 2015 - 10:38am

 RichardPrins wrote: 
Cool clock - maybe I should make one "inspired" by that one...or somehow incorporate this design:
24