Radio Paradise Comments
- lily34 - Mar 20, 2023 - 9:29am
- R_P - Mar 20, 2023 - 9:16am
Graphic designers, ho's!
- ScottFromWyoming - Mar 20, 2023 - 8:34am
Talk Behind Their Backs Forum
- Beez - Mar 20, 2023 - 8:16am
- VV - Mar 20, 2023 - 8:05am
- Isabeau - Mar 20, 2023 - 7:46am
- maryte - Mar 20, 2023 - 7:31am
Wordle - daily game
- maryte - Mar 20, 2023 - 7:25am
- VV - Mar 20, 2023 - 7:21am
Mixtape Culture Club
- ColdMiser - Mar 20, 2023 - 7:08am
Positive Thoughts and Prayer Requests
- lily34 - Mar 20, 2023 - 7:04am
Today in History
- Red_Dragon - Mar 20, 2023 - 6:11am
Things You Thought Today
- Red_Dragon - Mar 20, 2023 - 5:34am
What Did You Do Today?
- kurtster - Mar 19, 2023 - 10:30pm
- Steely_D - Mar 19, 2023 - 8:35pm
- oldviolin - Mar 19, 2023 - 7:36pm
- haresfur - Mar 19, 2023 - 2:38pm
Bug Reports & Feature Requests
- Red_Dragon - Mar 19, 2023 - 1:53pm
- Red_Dragon - Mar 19, 2023 - 1:20pm
- R_P - Mar 19, 2023 - 12:13pm
iOS app not AirPlaying to AppleTV ??
- WX0B - Mar 19, 2023 - 10:49am
• • • What's For Dinner ? • • •
- triskele - Mar 19, 2023 - 8:54am
- Red_Dragon - Mar 19, 2023 - 7:17am
Cache download issues
- ltd - Mar 19, 2023 - 7:01am
- R_P - Mar 18, 2023 - 10:11pm
Phine Phound Photographs
- KurtfromLaQuinta - Mar 18, 2023 - 6:59pm
Upcoming concerts or shows you can't wait to see
- pilgrim - Mar 18, 2023 - 3:26pm
- oldviolin - Mar 18, 2023 - 3:22pm
- oldviolin - Mar 18, 2023 - 9:36am
The Obituary Page
- Antigone - Mar 18, 2023 - 9:18am
- NoEnzLefttoSplit - Mar 17, 2023 - 10:16pm
If not RP, what are you listening to right now?
- KurtfromLaQuinta - Mar 17, 2023 - 10:04pm
USA! USA! USA!
- westslope - Mar 17, 2023 - 5:43pm
What the hell OV?
- oldviolin - Mar 17, 2023 - 4:40pm
- Red_Dragon - Mar 17, 2023 - 4:08pm
• • • The Once-a-Day • • •
- oldviolin - Mar 17, 2023 - 3:20pm
Other Medical Stuff
- haresfur - Mar 17, 2023 - 3:06pm
Strange & Cool Music
- ptooey - Mar 17, 2023 - 10:34am
Taxes, Taxes, Taxes (and Taxes)
- miamizsun - Mar 17, 2023 - 10:09am
- haresfur - Mar 17, 2023 - 8:27am
Maim My Band
- DaveInSaoMiguel - Mar 17, 2023 - 7:17am
- oldviolin - Mar 16, 2023 - 7:41pm
::odd but intriguing::
- oldviolin - Mar 16, 2023 - 5:57pm
Make Scott laugh
- miamizsun - Mar 16, 2023 - 5:35pm
- Isabeau - Mar 16, 2023 - 2:45pm
Name My Band
- DaveInSaoMiguel - Mar 16, 2023 - 1:02pm
Words that should be put on the substitutes bench for a year
- ScottFromWyoming - Mar 16, 2023 - 12:59pm
- keelo - Mar 16, 2023 - 10:21am
- miamizsun - Mar 16, 2023 - 8:20am
CBGB's Rest in Peace
- Proclivities - Mar 16, 2023 - 6:14am
Radio Paradise NFL Pick'em Group
- rgio - Mar 16, 2023 - 5:39am
Tech & Science
- Red_Dragon - Mar 15, 2023 - 8:01pm
- KurtfromLaQuinta - Mar 15, 2023 - 4:38pm
Would you drive this car for dating with ur girl?
- KurtfromLaQuinta - Mar 15, 2023 - 3:29pm
(Big) Media Watch
- R_P - Mar 15, 2023 - 1:55pm
Sweet horrible irony.
- ScottFromWyoming - Mar 15, 2023 - 11:06am
Today, I learned...
- islander - Mar 15, 2023 - 9:43am
Things I Saw Today...
- miamizsun - Mar 15, 2023 - 3:54am
What music have you paid real money for recently?
- kurtster - Mar 14, 2023 - 8:31pm
Cryptic Posts - Leave Them Guessing
- Bill_J - Mar 14, 2023 - 7:11pm
How's the weather?
- oldviolin - Mar 14, 2023 - 5:54pm
Post your favorite 'You Tube' Videos Here
- Red_Dragon - Mar 14, 2023 - 4:24pm
260,000 Posts in one thread?
- haresfur - Mar 14, 2023 - 1:57pm
Fishing Line - NOT Thread.
- Beez - Mar 14, 2023 - 12:05pm
- Steely_D - Mar 14, 2023 - 9:28am
Are you ready for some football?
- ColdMiser - Mar 14, 2023 - 8:01am
Audio quality and compression filters
- michael.schuermann - Mar 14, 2023 - 2:24am
BRING OUT YOUR DEAD
- oldviolin - Mar 13, 2023 - 7:09pm
March 2023 Photo Theme - Bokeh
- Alchemist - Mar 13, 2023 - 4:33pm
- kurtster - Mar 13, 2023 - 3:43pm
- Tizmself - Mar 13, 2023 - 2:14pm
Photography Forum - Your Own Photos
- Beez - Mar 13, 2023 - 2:03pm
Playlist List Issues
- jarro - Mar 13, 2023 - 2:02pm
- Proclivities - Mar 13, 2023 - 9:33am
- ScottFromWyoming - Mar 13, 2023 - 7:52am
May 23, 2016 - 12:43pm
Close call...Austria far right thwarted, Van der Bellen elected president
Alexander Van der Bellen has won Austria's presidential election, preventing Norbert Hofer from becoming the EU's first far-right head of state.
Mr Van der Bellen, a pro-EU independent backed by the Greens, beat Mr Hofer by just 31,000 votes among the 4.64m cast.
The president-elect vowed to address the "divisions" among Austrians that the poll had "made visible".
Mr Hofer's campaign had targeted anti-EU feelings and fears about migrants. He said his defeat was a "sad day".
The Freedom Party candidate said on his Facebook page (in German): "Please don't be disheartened. The effort in this election campaign is not wasted, but is an investment for the future."
The interior ministry said Mr Van der Bellen had won 2,254,484 votes to Mr Hofer's 2,223,458, or 50.3% to 49.7%.
Although Mr Van der Bellen, 72, is officially independent, he led Austria's Greens for a decade and some European Green politicians were hailing him as the world's first elected Green head of state.
Speaking after his victory, he said he accepted many Austrians had different views and that some people were angry, but he added: "People can be different and still treat each other respectfully." Image copyright Getty Images Image caption Mr Hofer had narrowly led after Sunday's count
The rhetoric in the campaign had been fierce at times. Mr Van der Bellen had said he did not want Austria to be led by a "populist right-wing, pan-Germanic fraternity member" and even urged voters "who don't like me but perhaps like Hofer even less to vote for me".
Mr Hofer had been photographed sporting the German colours of the nationalist Marko-Germania student fraternity, which stands for "the German cultural community" and bears the slogan "Honour, Freedom, Fatherland".
At his swearing-in as Freedom Party candidate, Mr Hofer wore a cornflower in his lapel, which was a Nazi symbol in the 1930s.
Freedom Party campaign manager, Herbert Kickl, hailed Mr Hofer's performance, saying: "There are many Norbert Hofers in the Freedom Party and we are very, very well placed for parliamentary elections."
France's far-right National Front said: "This historic performance is certainly the precursor of future success for all patriotic movements, both in Austria and around the world."But French PM Manuel Valls said in a Twitter post: "It's a relief to see the Austrians reject populism and extremism. Everyone in Europe must draw lessons from this."