[ ]   [ ]   [ ]                        [ ]      [ ]   [ ]

Wordle - daily game - NoEnzLefttoSplit - Aug 14, 2022 - 10:26pm
 
• • •  What's For Dinner ? • • •  - Manbird - Aug 14, 2022 - 8:40pm
 
Trump - kcar - Aug 14, 2022 - 7:43pm
 
RightWingNutZ - Red_Dragon - Aug 14, 2022 - 3:36pm
 
Photography Forum - Your Own Photos - Manbird - Aug 14, 2022 - 2:14pm
 
COVID-19 - R_P - Aug 14, 2022 - 1:31pm
 
RPeep News You Should Know - islander - Aug 14, 2022 - 1:17pm
 
Automotive Lust - R_P - Aug 14, 2022 - 11:34am
 
Fix My Car - GeneP59 - Aug 14, 2022 - 10:45am
 
Radio Paradise Comments - GeneP59 - Aug 14, 2022 - 10:38am
 
• • • BRING OUT YOUR DEAD • • •  - acaciascapes - Aug 14, 2022 - 9:20am
 
260,000 Posts in one thread? - oldviolin - Aug 14, 2022 - 8:44am
 
Words that should be put on the substitutes bench for a year - oldviolin - Aug 14, 2022 - 7:55am
 
Counting with Pictures - Proclivities - Aug 14, 2022 - 7:55am
 
Mixtape Culture Club - miamizsun - Aug 14, 2022 - 7:41am
 
DARWIN AWARDS! - POST YOUR NOMINATION! - Coaxial - Aug 13, 2022 - 5:03pm
 
China - R_P - Aug 13, 2022 - 3:29pm
 
Brian Eno - R_P - Aug 13, 2022 - 1:23pm
 
Name My Band - oldviolin - Aug 13, 2022 - 11:15am
 
Democratic Party - Red_Dragon - Aug 13, 2022 - 8:38am
 
Radio Paradise NFL Pick'em Group - Coaxial - Aug 13, 2022 - 7:03am
 
Health Care - miamizsun - Aug 13, 2022 - 6:37am
 
Sweet horrible irony. - miamizsun - Aug 13, 2022 - 6:32am
 
What is the meaning of this? - oldviolin - Aug 12, 2022 - 3:33pm
 
Baseball, anyone? - GeneP59 - Aug 12, 2022 - 12:59pm
 
Abiogenesis! - R_P - Aug 12, 2022 - 12:02pm
 
PASS THE BEER - kcar - Aug 12, 2022 - 11:33am
 
It's the economy stupid. - rgio - Aug 12, 2022 - 9:06am
 
What's Precious and Sacred to Islam? - Red_Dragon - Aug 12, 2022 - 8:38am
 
Floyd forum - Proclivities - Aug 12, 2022 - 8:12am
 
Today in History - sunybuny - Aug 12, 2022 - 6:46am
 
So... what's been happening here lately? - sunybuny - Aug 12, 2022 - 5:44am
 
Time to lawyer up! - NoEnzLefttoSplit - Aug 11, 2022 - 10:52pm
 
Climate Change - Red_Dragon - Aug 11, 2022 - 5:11pm
 
Ukraine - black321 - Aug 11, 2022 - 2:31pm
 
Upcoming concerts or shows you can't wait to see - Proclivities - Aug 11, 2022 - 10:35am
 
• • • The Once-a-Day • • •  - oldviolin - Aug 11, 2022 - 10:04am
 
How to Use RP? - kcar - Aug 11, 2022 - 9:53am
 
Republican Party - NoEnzLefttoSplit - Aug 11, 2022 - 9:20am
 
Got Road Rage? - Red_Dragon - Aug 11, 2022 - 8:12am
 
Russia - NoEnzLefttoSplit - Aug 11, 2022 - 7:52am
 
>>>>>>Knitted - Antigone - Aug 11, 2022 - 2:37am
 
The Obituary Page - ScottFromWyoming - Aug 10, 2022 - 9:34pm
 
India - Red_Dragon - Aug 10, 2022 - 4:36pm
 
godnarb: the Lunchurch - ScottFromWyoming - Aug 10, 2022 - 11:24am
 
Peace - thisbody - Aug 10, 2022 - 8:59am
 
YouTube: Music-Videos - black321 - Aug 10, 2022 - 7:01am
 
Derplahoma! - sunybuny - Aug 10, 2022 - 6:02am
 
Bug Reports & Feature Requests - GeneP59 - Aug 9, 2022 - 4:37pm
 
Museum Of Bad Album Covers - KurtfromLaQuinta - Aug 9, 2022 - 4:19pm
 
MQA Stream Coming to BLUOS - robin2 - Aug 9, 2022 - 11:47am
 
RPeeps who would have a sense of humor if they were not s... - miamizsun - Aug 9, 2022 - 10:14am
 
Things that make you happy - GeneP59 - Aug 9, 2022 - 8:47am
 
unusual time signatures - ScottFromWyoming - Aug 9, 2022 - 8:26am
 
Best/worst white reggae/ska/rcksteady - thisbody - Aug 9, 2022 - 6:54am
 
More reggae, less Marley please - thisbody - Aug 9, 2022 - 6:48am
 
Media Bias - Red_Dragon - Aug 9, 2022 - 6:34am
 
Things Forgotten. - Steely_D - Aug 8, 2022 - 10:24pm
 
Things You Thought Today - oldviolin - Aug 8, 2022 - 7:28pm
 
Cheney, Dick - ScottFromWyoming - Aug 8, 2022 - 10:36am
 
Joe Biden - ScottFromWyoming - Aug 8, 2022 - 10:18am
 
Talk Behind Their Backs Forum - GeneP59 - Aug 8, 2022 - 9:56am
 
Food - ScottFromWyoming - Aug 8, 2022 - 9:56am
 
John Lennon's Jukebox - thisbody - Aug 8, 2022 - 4:55am
 
Portishead S. O. S. - geoff_morphini - Aug 7, 2022 - 10:43pm
 
Environment - Red_Dragon - Aug 7, 2022 - 6:51pm
 
Ridiculous or Funny Spam - Steely_D - Aug 7, 2022 - 10:47am
 
Tech & Science - Red_Dragon - Aug 6, 2022 - 3:17pm
 
The Abortion Wars - black321 - Aug 6, 2022 - 8:39am
 
Pernicious Pious Proclivities Particularized Prodigiously - BlueHeronDruid - Aug 5, 2022 - 8:37pm
 
Live Music - oldviolin - Aug 5, 2022 - 12:58pm
 
Guns - Red_Dragon - Aug 5, 2022 - 10:09am
 
Least Successful Phishing Scams - geoff_morphini - Aug 5, 2022 - 9:19am
 
Graphs, Charts & Maps - miamizsun - Aug 5, 2022 - 7:09am
 
Favorite Flags - Proclivities - Aug 5, 2022 - 6:33am
 
Index » Radio Paradise/General » General Discussion » Shuttle, ISS and other Real Space Ships Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Post to this Topic
JrzyTmata

JrzyTmata Avatar



Posted: May 27, 2020 - 1:20pm

scrubbed
ScottFromWyoming

ScottFromWyoming Avatar

Location: Powell
Gender: Male


Posted: May 27, 2020 - 1:19pm



 BillG wrote:


 ScottFromWyoming wrote:

So anyway it must be Starlink. I don't know how I feel about hundreds of those things up there all the time no matter where I look. Welcome to the Jetsons/Blade Runner world, I guess.

 
I saw a dozen or so in the early morning sky in SoCal a couple of weeks ago. I knew they were visible right after launch, but didn't realize just how visible they can be any time, given the right conditions. 

I understand how peeved astronomers are about that, but wireless high speed internet access anywhere in the world is a pretty damn cool deal. 

 
Apparently they'll get high enough that we won't be able to see them but people with telescopes will. I agree about the connectivity being pretty neat.

BillG

BillG Avatar

Location: Left Coast
Gender: Male


Posted: May 27, 2020 - 1:16pm



 ScottFromWyoming wrote:

So anyway it must be Starlink. I don't know how I feel about hundreds of those things up there all the time no matter where I look. Welcome to the Jetsons/Blade Runner world, I guess.

 
I saw a dozen or so in the early morning sky in SoCal a couple of weeks ago. I knew they were visible right after launch, but didn't realize just how visible they can be any time, given the right conditions. 

I understand how peeved astronomers are about that, but wireless high speed internet access anywhere in the world is a pretty damn cool deal. 

miamizsun

miamizsun Avatar

Location: (3261.3 Miles SE of RP)
Gender: Male


Posted: May 27, 2020 - 1:14pm

 ScottFromWyoming wrote:


 miamizsun wrote:

i look out my window and i see bad weather

i think the target time for ignition is 4:33 pm est

let's hope they get spaced without a hitch

good luck
 

Raining now and okay to launch but weather is "trending the wrong way"

Sounds like they'll make a decision at 4:15
 
just tuned in again and they're sitting on go

i say just kick it

what's the first they say when they get to the space station?

my guess?  where's the restroom

because 3-4 g on a full bladder
ScottFromWyoming

ScottFromWyoming Avatar

Location: Powell
Gender: Male


Posted: May 27, 2020 - 1:02pm



 miamizsun wrote:



i look out my window and i see bad weather

i think the target time for ignition is 4:33 pm est

let's hope they get spaced without a hitch

good luck
 

Raining now and okay to launch but weather is "trending the wrong way"

Sounds like they'll make a decision at 4:15
miamizsun

miamizsun Avatar

Location: (3261.3 Miles SE of RP)
Gender: Male


Posted: May 27, 2020 - 11:15am




i look out my window and i see bad weather

i think the target time for ignition is 4:33 pm est

let's hope they get spaced without a hitch

good luck
ScottFromWyoming

ScottFromWyoming Avatar

Location: Powell
Gender: Male


Posted: Apr 17, 2020 - 8:59pm



 JrzyTmata wrote:


 ScottFromWyoming wrote:
9:15 pm MDT or so, I'm outside with the dogs. I looked up and saw what I thought was the ISS going over. Pretty cool, I watched it transit from sort of WSW to ENE until it went behind a tree branch. I blinked and looked at the dogs for a minute and looked up and there it was again... so I tracked it again until it disappeared behind ...the ...same... tree... blinked a couple of times and sure enough, there were 2 things up there, not obvious planes, about 3 or 5° apart, traveling the same line. And here's another! And 4, and 5... after I counted 7, I walked inside and told Charlie to come see the UFOs. He came out and immediately saw them, now easily 12 in view, one not quite in the same line but going the same way. Then we spotted one (or a plane?) going vaguely perpendicular to the line. And then 5 or 6 more. To the southwest, where they seemed to be coming from, was a static one, but maybe an aircraft because it seemed to have red/blue and brighter lights, and it wasn't moving. It's still there, in fact.

Charlie thinks it might be Starlink but their launch today was a rocket test, didn't actually launch. It's a mystery. A pretty cool mystery.
 
where was your camera phone?

 
lol Buzz is cringing right now.

So anyway it must be Starlink. I don't know how I feel about hundreds of those things up there all the time no matter where I look. Welcome to the Jetsons/Blade Runner world, I guess.

JrzyTmata

JrzyTmata Avatar



Posted: Apr 17, 2020 - 8:41pm



 ScottFromWyoming wrote:
9:15 pm MDT or so, I'm outside with the dogs. I looked up and saw what I thought was the ISS going over. Pretty cool, I watched it transit from sort of WSW to ENE until it went behind a tree branch. I blinked and looked at the dogs for a minute and looked up and there it was again... so I tracked it again until it disappeared behind ...the ...same... tree... blinked a couple of times and sure enough, there were 2 things up there, not obvious planes, about 3 or 5° apart, traveling the same line. And here's another! And 4, and 5... after I counted 7, I walked inside and told Charlie to come see the UFOs. He came out and immediately saw them, now easily 12 in view, one not quite in the same line but going the same way. Then we spotted one (or a plane?) going vaguely perpendicular to the line. And then 5 or 6 more. To the southwest, where they seemed to be coming from, was a static one, but maybe an aircraft because it seemed to have red/blue and brighter lights, and it wasn't moving. It's still there, in fact.

Charlie thinks it might be Starlink but their launch today was a rocket test, didn't actually launch. It's a mystery. A pretty cool mystery.
 
where was your camera phone?

ScottFromWyoming

ScottFromWyoming Avatar

Location: Powell
Gender: Male


Posted: Apr 17, 2020 - 8:37pm

9:15 pm MDT or so, I'm outside with the dogs. I looked up and saw what I thought was the ISS going over. Pretty cool, I watched it transit from sort of WSW to ENE until it went behind a tree branch. I blinked and looked at the dogs for a minute and looked up and there it was again... so I tracked it again until it disappeared behind ...the ...same... tree... blinked a couple of times and sure enough, there were 2 things up there, not obvious planes, about 3 or 5° apart, traveling the same line. And here's another! And 4, and 5... after I counted 7, I walked inside and told Charlie to come see the UFOs. He came out and immediately saw them, now easily 12 in view, one not quite in the same line but going the same way. Then we spotted one (or a plane?) going vaguely perpendicular to the line. And then 5 or 6 more. To the southwest, where they seemed to be coming from, was a static one, but maybe an aircraft because it seemed to have red/blue and brighter lights, and it wasn't moving. It's still there, in fact.

Charlie thinks it might be Starlink but their launch today was a rocket test, didn't actually launch. It's a mystery. A pretty cool mystery.
miamizsun

miamizsun Avatar

Location: (3261.3 Miles SE of RP)
Gender: Male


Posted: Dec 15, 2015 - 9:19am

Watch A Livestream Of Astronauts Docking With The International Space Station

 

 

 


Proclivities

Proclivities Avatar

Location: Paris of the Piedmont
Gender: Male


Posted: Apr 7, 2015 - 6:53am


miamizsun

miamizsun Avatar

Location: (3261.3 Miles SE of RP)
Gender: Male


Posted: Feb 11, 2015 - 3:28pm

 JrzyTmata wrote:
don't we get to see it land?
 
that's classified

but happy anniversary
JrzyTmata

JrzyTmata Avatar



Posted: Feb 11, 2015 - 3:20pm

don't we get to see it land?
miamizsun

miamizsun Avatar

Location: (3261.3 Miles SE of RP)
Gender: Male


Posted: Feb 11, 2015 - 3:00pm

 Beaker wrote:

The same stream can be found on NASA HD on the Roku.

 
thx

looks like this is going down up
miamizsun

miamizsun Avatar

Location: (3261.3 Miles SE of RP)
Gender: Male


Posted: Feb 11, 2015 - 2:40pm

about 20 minutes or so



Broadcast live streaming video on Ustream


ScottFromWyoming

ScottFromWyoming Avatar

Location: Powell
Gender: Male


Posted: Feb 11, 2015 - 8:05am

 miamizsun wrote:
space x possible launch later today

i believe you can live stream it

 
Probably here but no post yet.
miamizsun

miamizsun Avatar

Location: (3261.3 Miles SE of RP)
Gender: Male


Posted: Feb 11, 2015 - 6:57am

space x possible launch later today

i believe you can live stream it
BlueHeronDruid

BlueHeronDruid Avatar

Location: planting flowers


Posted: Jan 31, 2014 - 7:45pm

 ScottFromWyoming wrote:


 
Very cool - and a lovely illustration of how "sticky" water molecules are!
ScottFromWyoming

ScottFromWyoming Avatar

Location: Powell
Gender: Male


Posted: Jan 31, 2014 - 6:09pm


Manbird

Manbird Avatar

Location: Owl Creek Bridge
Gender: Male


Posted: May 13, 2013 - 4:09pm

 miamizsun wrote:
saw this on my feed earlier

enjoyed it


On your feed. OK. Well, you know, what with the hustle and bustle of modern life
it's no wonder these things happen every now and then. Just brush it off, it's not
hurting anything. No need to make such a fuss. It's not the end of the world.
Or did I?

 



Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next