[ ]   [ ]   [ ]                        [ ]      [ ]   [ ]

Twitter and democracy - Coaxial - Dec 3, 2022 - 11:13am
 
Wordle - daily game - maryte - Dec 3, 2022 - 10:34am
 
Today in History - Steve - Dec 3, 2022 - 9:43am
 
USA! USA! USA! - sirdroseph - Dec 3, 2022 - 7:28am
 
Joe Biden - sirdroseph - Dec 3, 2022 - 4:21am
 
Pernicious Pious Proclivities Particularized Prodigiously - R_P - Dec 2, 2022 - 9:42pm
 
The Obituary Page - ScottFromWyoming - Dec 2, 2022 - 3:38pm
 
NEED A COMPUTER GEEK! - ScottFromWyoming - Dec 2, 2022 - 3:35pm
 
design • creative - Proclivities - Dec 2, 2022 - 1:06pm
 
COVID-19 - sirdroseph - Dec 2, 2022 - 11:28am
 
Photography Forum - Your Own Photos - fractalv - Dec 2, 2022 - 11:23am
 
NFL Badlosers & Bawlbabys Bitchwack - rgio - Dec 2, 2022 - 11:22am
 
Play the Blues - thisbody - Dec 2, 2022 - 11:02am
 
RightWingNutZ - Lazy8 - Dec 2, 2022 - 8:33am
 
Bug Reports & Feature Requests - Jelani - Dec 2, 2022 - 7:23am
 
Radio Paradise Comments - Coaxial - Dec 2, 2022 - 5:27am
 
I want an iPhone!!! - miamizsun - Dec 2, 2022 - 4:38am
 
China - miamizsun - Dec 2, 2022 - 4:35am
 
YouTube: Music-Videos - Coaxial - Dec 1, 2022 - 7:39pm
 
Trump - Red_Dragon - Dec 1, 2022 - 6:16pm
 
What makes you smile? - Bill_J - Dec 1, 2022 - 4:19pm
 
Talking Heads - ScottN - Dec 1, 2022 - 11:01am
 
Sweden | Sverige - Steely_D - Dec 1, 2022 - 10:39am
 
Russia - R_P - Dec 1, 2022 - 10:22am
 
If not RP, what are you listening to right now? - kurtster - Dec 1, 2022 - 8:41am
 
• • • BRING OUT YOUR DEAD • • •  - oldviolin - Dec 1, 2022 - 7:12am
 
Canada Eh??? - Steely_D - Dec 1, 2022 - 5:36am
 
Live Music - Kaw - Dec 1, 2022 - 5:30am
 
Eclectic Sound-Drops - thisbody - Dec 1, 2022 - 4:13am
 
Radio Paradise NFL Pick'em Group - miamizsun - Dec 1, 2022 - 4:06am
 
Films you're excited about. - Red_Dragon - Nov 30, 2022 - 6:19pm
 
Future of Human Race (in 500 years) - Red_Dragon - Nov 30, 2022 - 3:28pm
 
Roku RP Now has all the features of my phone - RPnate1 - Nov 30, 2022 - 3:08pm
 
Take Me To Your Leader - oldviolin - Nov 30, 2022 - 2:48pm
 
• • • The Once-a-Day • • •  - KurtfromLaQuinta - Nov 30, 2022 - 2:13pm
 
What Are You Grateful For? - GeneP59 - Nov 30, 2022 - 1:41pm
 
What Puts You In the Christmas Mood? - GeneP59 - Nov 30, 2022 - 1:34pm
 
Name My Band - GeneP59 - Nov 30, 2022 - 1:25pm
 
The Grateful Dead - black321 - Nov 30, 2022 - 1:21pm
 
Religion - thisbody - Nov 30, 2022 - 10:42am
 
New Music - Proclivities - Nov 30, 2022 - 7:30am
 
Why no Toto? - danielh - Nov 30, 2022 - 5:26am
 
Prayer in C (Robin Schultz Mix) -- Love is Like Oxygen? - KurtfromLaQuinta - Nov 29, 2022 - 10:22pm
 
Mixtape Culture Club - KurtfromLaQuinta - Nov 29, 2022 - 10:15pm
 
Republican Party - kurtster - Nov 29, 2022 - 9:47pm
 
Twitter's finest moment - R_P - Nov 29, 2022 - 7:27pm
 
News of the Weird - Steely_D - Nov 29, 2022 - 6:33pm
 
Britain - Red_Dragon - Nov 29, 2022 - 12:59pm
 
Derplahoma! - Red_Dragon - Nov 29, 2022 - 12:59pm
 
List your Concerts ! - thisbody - Nov 29, 2022 - 12:07pm
 
Ukraine - sirdroseph - Nov 29, 2022 - 11:18am
 
Renewed My Support - gaffer57 - Nov 29, 2022 - 9:59am
 
It's the economy stupid. - black321 - Nov 29, 2022 - 8:52am
 
Can I use my ratings to create a playlist? - eyke - Nov 29, 2022 - 6:22am
 
Things You Thought Today - NoEnzLefttoSplit - Nov 28, 2022 - 9:37pm
 
Guns - R_P - Nov 28, 2022 - 8:22pm
 
KUDOS for BillG - miamizsun - Nov 28, 2022 - 4:48pm
 
Those Lovable Policemen - R_P - Nov 28, 2022 - 3:24pm
 
Amazon Products (May Contain Spam) - Steely_D - Nov 28, 2022 - 9:11am
 
Is there any DOG news out there? - Bill_J - Nov 28, 2022 - 6:11am
 
Is it just me? - graham.olsen.1745 - Nov 28, 2022 - 4:00am
 
How to submit songs for consideration? - KurtfromLaQuinta - Nov 27, 2022 - 9:20pm
 
Canada - Steely_D - Nov 27, 2022 - 6:33pm
 
Gotta Get Your Drink On - Red_Dragon - Nov 27, 2022 - 6:22pm
 
Just Wrong - Red_Dragon - Nov 27, 2022 - 2:59pm
 
New RP Website! (2022) - ScottFromWyoming - Nov 27, 2022 - 10:53am
 
Arctic Refuge - miamizsun - Nov 27, 2022 - 10:48am
 
2022 Elections - R_P - Nov 26, 2022 - 9:48pm
 
What Did You Do Today? - KurtfromLaQuinta - Nov 26, 2022 - 9:45pm
 
Manbird's Episiotomy Stitch Licking Clinic - KEEP OUT - oldviolin - Nov 26, 2022 - 7:47pm
 
♥ ♥ ♥ Vote For Pie ♥ ♥ ♥ - KurtfromLaQuinta - Nov 26, 2022 - 5:03pm
 
Old iPhone with iOS 12.5 ? - jarro - Nov 26, 2022 - 3:25pm
 
Your Handy Home Censorship Kit - Manbird - Nov 26, 2022 - 1:05pm
 
Counting with Pictures - Proclivities - Nov 26, 2022 - 5:59am
 
Democratic Party - sirdroseph - Nov 26, 2022 - 3:55am
 
Index » Regional/Local » USA/Canada » Joe Biden Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 55, 56, 57 ... 60, 61, 62  Next
Post to this Topic
kcar

kcar Avatar



Posted: Apr 2, 2019 - 3:09pm

 miamizsun wrote:
 kcar wrote:
Let's just jerk take this full circle: 

funny scene  ;-)

metaphorically speaking, i find it a bit suspect that an opponent waits four years and when he comes up to bat calls him out on his juicing

of course media can be edited to make his (potentially) minor snarfing problem a flashing sign

i searched and saw him snuggling with men too

it also looks like he isn't shy about professing feelings/love for the people in his circle (the guy has loved and lost a lot)

==========

admittedly, as i have gotten older and lost quite a few people very close to me, i have started "completing" conversations
 

Yeah, I thought the same thing about that NV politician. IIRC she said she would vote for Biden over Trump, though...

Joe has been a demonstratively affectionate guy for a while, though. The hugs and back rubs aren't new. I posted this pic somewhere in this forum a while back, and nothing about it was staged or Photoshopped: 


Joe Biden with bikers, rubbing back of woman biker. Two biker men are NOT pleased.
WashPo rushes to reassure: 

No, a lady biker did not sit in Joe Biden’s lap Sunday

Some older folks, you worry that they're going to fall and break their hip. Joe? You worry that he's going to innocently going to make a fool of himself on a regular basis. 

Trump? You know he's sleazy enough to break every law if he thinks he can get away with it, and stupid enough to drag us all down with him when things go sideways. 

miamizsun

miamizsun Avatar

Location: (3261.3 Miles SE of RP)
Gender: Male


Posted: Apr 2, 2019 - 10:38am

 oldviolin wrote:

Duh...

 


R_P

R_P Avatar



Posted: Apr 2, 2019 - 10:20am

 ScottFromWyoming wrote:
 sirdroseph wrote:
I am extremely emotional, touchy and huggy with my inner circle of family and friends and none of them will not know how I feel about them when I or they go. But I don't act that way to acquaintances and strangers and certainly not children acquaintances and strangers.

I'm not arguing the general premise, but politics is weird. If we elected people based on their skill set alone, this wouldn't be an issue. But a politician MUST appeal to more than a person's rational thought. "He seems like a guy I could have a beer with." They have just seconds to win a person over. Maybe we're entering a time when this touchy-feely tactic isn't going to be effective, but for certain politicians it's what got them where they are. In that light, this is less than zero as a sexual predation thing; it's more likely a political survival technique. Learned, mastered, worn out, and can be un-learned.
 
Imagine kissing other people's babies/kids. Yuck!
Red_Dragon

Red_Dragon Avatar



Posted: Apr 2, 2019 - 10:16am

 oldviolin wrote:

Duh
 
ribbit
ScottFromWyoming

ScottFromWyoming Avatar

Location: Powell
Gender: Male


Posted: Apr 2, 2019 - 9:35am



 sirdroseph wrote:
I am extremely emotional, touchy and huggy with my inner circle of family and friends and none of them will not know how I feel about them when I or they go. But I don't act that way to acquaintances and strangers and certainly not children acquaintances and strangers.

I'm not arguing the general premise, but politics is weird. If we elected people based on their skill set alone, this wouldn't be an issue. But a politician MUST appeal to more than a person's rational thought. "He seems like a guy I could have a beer with." They have just seconds to win a person over. Maybe we're entering a time when this touchy-feely tactic isn't going to be effective, but for certain politicians it's what got them where they are. In that light, this is less than zero as a sexual predation thing; it's more likely a political survival technique. Learned, mastered, worn out, and can be un-learned.
oldviolin

oldviolin Avatar

Location: esse quam videri
Gender: Male


Posted: Apr 2, 2019 - 9:24am

 miamizsun wrote:

admittedly, as i have gotten older and lost quite a few people very close to me, i have started "completing" conversations


 
Duh...
oldviolin

oldviolin Avatar

Location: esse quam videri
Gender: Male


Posted: Apr 2, 2019 - 9:20am



 Red_Dragon wrote:
NoJoe.
 
Duh

sirdroseph

sirdroseph Avatar

Location: Not here, I tell you wat
Gender: Male


Posted: Apr 2, 2019 - 5:04am

 miamizsun wrote:
 kcar wrote:
Let's just jerk take this full circle: 

funny scene  ;-)

metaphorically speaking, i find it a bit suspect that an opponent waits four years and when he comes up to bat calls him out on his juicing

of course media can be edited to make his (potentially) minor snarfing problem a flashing sign

i searched and saw him snuggling with men too

it also looks like he isn't shy about professing feelings/love for the people in his circle (the guy has loved and lost a lot)

==========

admittedly, as i have gotten older and lost quite a few people very close to me, i have started "completing" conversations


 
I am extremely emotional, touchy and huggy with my inner circle of family and friends and none of them will not know how I feel about them when I or they go.  But I don't act that way to acquaintances and strangers and certainly not children acquaintances and strangers.{#Naughty}
miamizsun

miamizsun Avatar

Location: (3261.3 Miles SE of RP)
Gender: Male


Posted: Apr 2, 2019 - 4:53am

 kcar wrote:
Let's just jerk take this full circle: 

funny scene  ;-)

metaphorically speaking, i find it a bit suspect that an opponent waits four years and when he comes up to bat calls him out on his juicing

of course media can be edited to make his (potentially) minor snarfing problem a flashing sign

i searched and saw him snuggling with men too

it also looks like he isn't shy about professing feelings/love for the people in his circle (the guy has loved and lost a lot)

==========

admittedly, as i have gotten older and lost quite a few people very close to me, i have started "completing" conversations



Red_Dragon

Red_Dragon Avatar



Posted: Apr 2, 2019 - 4:20am

NoJoe.
sirdroseph

sirdroseph Avatar

Location: Not here, I tell you wat
Gender: Male


Posted: Apr 2, 2019 - 2:59am

I will say this and it is not often I will give credit to either of the 2 parties, but it is commendable of the Democratic party that it is much more problematic  to be a suspected sexual predator of some degree in the Democratic party than the Republican.   On one level at least both parties are not being hypocritical in their relatively different responses to such incidents because the Republicans in general don't even pretend to be sympathetic to admitting that there is a long standing issue of rampant sexual abuse towards mostly women and children and the Democrats are and will call out their own ergo Biden is out and has no chance in the primary.  You either believe the women and put aside your partisan blinders (this goes for Trump supporters as well) or you don't.     Oh and to stay on topic, I would put Biden in the definite "You ain't going around my children" category at least, but there is no allegations I know of actual assault just your basic garden variety dirty old man copping feels off the girlies.   I think Bush Sr. pulled a few of those too.
kcar

kcar Avatar



Posted: Apr 2, 2019 - 12:12am

 miamizsun wrote:
the first thing that crossed my mind was an old advert...
 
Let's just jerk take this full circle: 

photo still from "There's Something About Mary": Cameron Diaz with "hair gel" in her hair


westslope

westslope Avatar

Location: BC sage brush steppe


Posted: Apr 1, 2019 - 11:17pm



 kurtster wrote:

I'll see your Pussy Grabber and raise you a Bill Clinton and a Ted Kennedy.
 
I say YOU Americans are over-sexed and you should stop making this tabloid gossip the focus of your politics.    Pucha che...

kurtster

kurtster Avatar

Location: where fear is not a virtue
Gender: Male


Posted: Apr 1, 2019 - 11:05pm

 kcar wrote:


You don't get to majickly pretend that a sitting president's behavior before s/he became president doesn't count. So I'll see your Biden and raise you Pussy Grabber. 

 
I'll see your Pussy Grabber and raise you a Bill Clinton and a Ted Kennedy.
R_P

R_P Avatar



Posted: Apr 1, 2019 - 3:52pm

 kcar wrote:
You don't get to majickly pretend that a sitting president's behavior before s/he became president doesn't count. So I'll see your Biden and raise you Pussy Grabber. 
 
Sexual assault is just fine as long as you do it as a private citizen. There are high standards (while in office) to maintain!
miamizsun

miamizsun Avatar

Location: (3261.3 Miles SE of RP)
Gender: Male


Posted: Apr 1, 2019 - 3:48pm

the first thing that crossed my mind was an old advert...




haresfur

haresfur Avatar

Location: The Golden Triangle
Gender: Male


Posted: Apr 1, 2019 - 3:33pm



 oldviolin wrote:


 ScottFromWyoming wrote:


 oldviolin wrote:


 R_P wrote:
 kurtster wrote:
I thought that this was a discussion about personal conduct with the opposite sex different sexes genders other than your own.  I hope that I worded that properly.  Don't want to offend anyone.
 
Blinkers it is.
 

Are you meaning to accuse Kurt of wearing 'blinders'?   I thought blinkers were red lights with magnetic bases that a tow truck operator sticks  on the deck lid of his repo.

anyway probably everybody needs blinkers one way or the other if you think about it...


I'm trading my blinders for an eye patch and setting sail on the pirate ship Periphery as soon as my new peg leg is ready. 

 

It's another term for the same thing, usually reserved for the adjectival because saying someone's "blindered" sounds weird so we might say Kurt's blinkered posting is causing trouble.
 

Anecdotally I took a chunk of concrete about the size and shape of a healthy slice of cheesecake packed in a snowball right between the eyes while stationed in Germany a minute ago. 17 stitches and a scar the shape of a cross to prove that at least something happened even if I am a good liar.  Lol.  Who needs ashes when an army story will work I always say.  I've been blindered more than once and molared a bunch of times.  I don't recommend it. Never blinkered though. Close.
So enough about me. What are we talking about? Oh yeah, ironing...

 

aka winkers 
kcar

kcar Avatar



Posted: Apr 1, 2019 - 3:33pm

 kurtster wrote:
I don't know if this matters or not, but ...

all of the things done by Trump were as a private citizen.  The things Biden has done that we are discussing were all done as either Vice President or Senator ...   Does not a higher standard of conduct apply to a federally elected office holder (while in office) than a private citizen ?  As touchy / feely as Trump was as a private citizen, he has in no way conducted himself improperly as POTUS.  There is a reason Biden is called Uncle Joe ...

 

You don't get to majickly pretend that a sitting president's behavior before s/he became president doesn't count. So I'll see your Biden and raise you Pussy Grabber. 
oldviolin

oldviolin Avatar

Location: esse quam videri
Gender: Male


Posted: Apr 1, 2019 - 3:19pm



 ScottFromWyoming wrote:


 oldviolin wrote:


 R_P wrote:
 kurtster wrote:
I thought that this was a discussion about personal conduct with the opposite sex different sexes genders other than your own.  I hope that I worded that properly.  Don't want to offend anyone.
 
Blinkers it is.
 

Are you meaning to accuse Kurt of wearing 'blinders'?   I thought blinkers were red lights with magnetic bases that a tow truck operator sticks  on the deck lid of his repo.

anyway probably everybody needs blinkers one way or the other if you think about it...


I'm trading my blinders for an eye patch and setting sail on the pirate ship Periphery as soon as my new peg leg is ready. 

 

It's another term for the same thing, usually reserved for the adjectival because saying someone's "blindered" sounds weird so we might say Kurt's blinkered posting is causing trouble.
 

Anecdotally I took a chunk of concrete about the size and shape of a healthy slice of cheesecake packed in a snowball right between the eyes while stationed in Germany a minute ago. 17 stitches and a scar the shape of a cross to prove that at least something happened even if I am a good liar.  Lol.  Who needs ashes when an army story will work I always say.  I've been blindered more than once and molared a bunch of times.  I don't recommend it. Never blinkered though. Close.
So enough about me. What are we talking about? Oh yeah, ironing...

R_P

R_P Avatar



Posted: Apr 1, 2019 - 3:10pm


 oldviolin wrote:
 R_P wrote:
 kurtster wrote:
I thought that this was a discussion about personal conduct with the opposite sex different sexes genders other than your own.  I hope that I worded that properly.  Don't want to offend anyone.
 
Blinkers it is.
 
Are you meaning to accuse Kurt of wearing 'blinders'?   I thought blinkers were red lights with magnetic bases that a tow truck operator sticks  on the deck lid of his repo.

anyway probably everybody needs blinkers one way or the other if you think about it...


I'm trading my blinders for an eye patch and setting sail on the pirate ship Periphery as soon as my new peg leg is ready. 
 
No, I mean blinkers, as in blinkered. Used with skittish horses. But you can use blinders if you prefer those.
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 55, 56, 57 ... 60, 61, 62  Next