[ ]   [ ]   [ ]                        [ ]      [ ]   [ ]

Radio Paradise NFL Pick'em Group - sunybuny - Dec 2, 2021 - 5:14am
 
Radio Paradise Comments - sunybuny - Dec 2, 2021 - 5:11am
 
Race in America - NoEnzLefttoSplit - Dec 2, 2021 - 1:23am
 
Fox Spews - R_P - Dec 1, 2021 - 11:25pm
 
COVID-19 - haresfur - Dec 1, 2021 - 8:21pm
 
What did you have for dinner? - oldviolin - Dec 1, 2021 - 7:54pm
 
Dialing 1-800-Manbird - oldviolin - Dec 1, 2021 - 6:56pm
 
Talk Behind Their Backs Forum - Manbird - Dec 1, 2021 - 6:48pm
 
Things that are just WRONG - Manbird - Dec 1, 2021 - 6:13pm
 
Trump - Steely_D - Dec 1, 2021 - 5:35pm
 
Mixtape Culture Club - ColdMiser - Dec 1, 2021 - 5:04pm
 
This Wonderfully Weird World - Red_Dragon - Dec 1, 2021 - 4:01pm
 
Republican Party - Red_Dragon - Dec 1, 2021 - 3:58pm
 
Poetry Forum - miamizsun - Dec 1, 2021 - 3:19pm
 
Name My Band - oldviolin - Dec 1, 2021 - 3:00pm
 
This Film is not yet Rated - Lazy8 - Dec 1, 2021 - 12:22pm
 
Counting with Pictures - ScottN - Dec 1, 2021 - 10:46am
 
Damn Dinosaurs! - R_P - Dec 1, 2021 - 9:42am
 
Things You Thought Today - GeneP59 - Dec 1, 2021 - 8:57am
 
Happy Thanksgiving! - GeneP59 - Dec 1, 2021 - 8:46am
 
What is the meaning of this? - oldviolin - Dec 1, 2021 - 7:51am
 
Bear! - Ohmsen - Dec 1, 2021 - 6:50am
 
Environment - Red_Dragon - Dec 1, 2021 - 6:27am
 
That's good advice - Proclivities - Dec 1, 2021 - 6:24am
 
Today in History - miamizsun - Dec 1, 2021 - 5:45am
 
Joe Biden - kurtster - Nov 30, 2021 - 11:24pm
 
Vinyl Only Spin List - kurtster - Nov 30, 2021 - 9:20pm
 
Sunrise, Sunset - Coaxial - Nov 30, 2021 - 7:30pm
 
What Puts You In the Christmas Mood? - BlueHeronDruid - Nov 30, 2021 - 6:05pm
 
RightWingNutZ - Red_Dragon - Nov 30, 2021 - 4:24pm
 
The Daily complaint forum, Please complain or be Happy - ScottFromWyoming - Nov 30, 2021 - 3:59pm
 
Breaking News - Red_Dragon - Nov 30, 2021 - 3:43pm
 
Guns - Red_Dragon - Nov 30, 2021 - 1:52pm
 
The All-Things Beatles Forum - NoEnzLefttoSplit - Nov 30, 2021 - 1:49pm
 
Acoustic Guitar - Ohmsen - Nov 30, 2021 - 9:45am
 
Jazz - Ohmsen - Nov 30, 2021 - 9:38am
 
Tech & Science - Red_Dragon - Nov 30, 2021 - 7:56am
 
Bad Poetry - oldviolin - Nov 30, 2021 - 7:47am
 
Buddy's Haven - oldviolin - Nov 30, 2021 - 7:34am
 
Lyrics that strike a chord today... - Ohmsen - Nov 30, 2021 - 7:25am
 
• • • The Once-a-Day • • •  - oldviolin - Nov 30, 2021 - 6:59am
 
Ways to convert list of liked songs into playlist for You... - Aoxomoxoa - Nov 30, 2021 - 3:13am
 
• • • Clownstock • • •  - Manbird - Nov 29, 2021 - 7:11pm
 
Things I want to learn from RadioParadise - Coaxial - Nov 29, 2021 - 6:07pm
 
Robots - Manbird - Nov 29, 2021 - 5:29pm
 
Arlo Guthrie's Alice's Restaurant Massacree - KurtfromLaQuinta - Nov 29, 2021 - 4:38pm
 
Baseball, anyone? - ScottFromWyoming - Nov 29, 2021 - 11:16am
 
Two questions. That's it. I promise. - Manbird - Nov 28, 2021 - 9:11pm
 
What Did You Do Today? - KurtfromLaQuinta - Nov 28, 2021 - 5:41pm
 
Shuttle, ISS and other Real Space Ships - miamizsun - Nov 28, 2021 - 4:37pm
 
Outstanding Covers - oldviolin - Nov 28, 2021 - 7:38am
 
Graphic designers, ho's! - Proclivities - Nov 28, 2021 - 4:48am
 
Photography Forum - Your Own Photos - haresfur - Nov 27, 2021 - 10:43pm
 
Funny Videos - KurtfromLaQuinta - Nov 27, 2021 - 9:27pm
 
Great Old Songs You Rarely Hear Anymore - KurtfromLaQuinta - Nov 27, 2021 - 7:54pm
 
Mr. & Mrs Levigne's rejected baby name list... - ScottFromWyoming - Nov 27, 2021 - 7:49pm
 
What Are You Grateful For? - oldviolin - Nov 27, 2021 - 5:27pm
 
The Obituary Page - Antigone - Nov 26, 2021 - 3:57pm
 
More reggae, less Marley please - rhahl - Nov 26, 2021 - 2:08pm
 
Coffee - miamizsun - Nov 26, 2021 - 5:55am
 
Old Time and Folk - Lazy8 - Nov 25, 2021 - 5:19pm
 
New Music - R_P - Nov 25, 2021 - 1:32pm
 
Life Imitates the movies? - oldviolin - Nov 25, 2021 - 7:22am
 
Live Music - R_P - Nov 24, 2021 - 9:22pm
 
Animal Resistance - Manbird - Nov 24, 2021 - 7:55pm
 
♥ ♥ ♥ Vote For Pie ♥ ♥ ♥ - haresfur - Nov 24, 2021 - 4:05pm
 
Other Medical Stuff - westslope - Nov 24, 2021 - 8:22am
 
Derplahoma! - Red_Dragon - Nov 24, 2021 - 7:39am
 
Play the Blues - rhahl - Nov 24, 2021 - 2:37am
 
songs that ROCK! - rhahl - Nov 23, 2021 - 10:54pm
 
Immigration - R_P - Nov 23, 2021 - 8:56pm
 
Australia has Disappeared - whatshisname - Nov 23, 2021 - 5:12pm
 
Questions. - haresfur - Nov 23, 2021 - 1:42pm
 
Violent political protest - westslope - Nov 23, 2021 - 12:05pm
 
Pernicious Pious Proclivities Particularized Prodigiously - R_P - Nov 23, 2021 - 11:45am
 
Index » Regional/Local » USA/Canada » Breaking News Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 688, 689, 690  Next
Post to this Topic
KurtfromLaQuinta

KurtfromLaQuinta Avatar

Location: Really deep in the heart of South California
Gender: Male


Posted: Nov 24, 2021 - 2:51pm

 westslope wrote:

Shame on some Democratic party constituents for not more vigorously condemning political violence. 

Yes. There's piles of poo on both sides.



rhahl

rhahl Avatar



Posted: Nov 24, 2021 - 2:29pm

 

"Travis McMicheal, his father, Greg McMichael, and their neighbour William “Roddie” Bryan were each convicted for murdering Arbery, who was unarmed, after pursuing him in February last year and claiming, without evidence, he had been involved in a spate of burglaries in their neighborhood.

"On Wednesday the jury returned unanimous decisions, convicted Travis McMichael, who opened fire on Arbery three times with a pump action shotgun, on all nine counts, including charges of malice and felony murder.

"Greg McMichael was convicted on eight of the nine counts including felony murder, and Bryan, who pursued Arbery in a separate vehicle and was not carrying a firearm, was convicted on six of nine counts, also including the charge of felony murder.
rgio

rgio Avatar

Location: West Jersey
Gender: Male


Posted: Nov 24, 2021 - 8:40am

 Steely_D wrote:
Just so we're clear....that was my 3rd party Republican voice, not my real opinion about the audits.   What's so amazing is that Republicans are literally structuring to steal future elections, without ANY fraud in 2020.  The fraud that was uncovered happens to be on the right, yet when asked they actually use it as a reason to change the rules..."you see, there was fraud...so what if we were the ones doing it?"  

The inmates are running the asylum.  

westslope

westslope Avatar

Location: BC sage brush steppe


Posted: Nov 24, 2021 - 8:30am

 Steely_D wrote:
.....

Shame on the GOP for that tactic and on the Dems for not fighting back on that. 


Shame on some Democratic party constituents for not more vigorously condemning political violence. 

kurtster

kurtster Avatar

Location: where fear is not a virtue
Gender: Male


Posted: Nov 24, 2021 - 1:27am

 Steely_D wrote:
It's horrible and hurts/divides America that the GOP has co-opted the ideas like "law and order" and "patriot" and even the American flag. Now all of those things immediately make people think of the GOP.

If I flew the flag, as a proud American, someone would think I was a Trump supporter. If I say that we should prosecute the looters, because that's all about law and order, it'll imply racism and xenophobia.  Shame on the GOP for that tactic and on the Dems for not fighting back on that. 
 
How about shame on you for not fighting back if you really feel that way about the things you mentioned.

If you feel a certain way about certain things, then you should say so.  Just because you happen to agree with others who think differently about other things is no reason to be silent.  That is the a problem.  It is called common ground.  Fly the flag if you want to.  If anyone asks you why, tell them it is not because you are a Trump supporter.  Tell them that you do not associate the flag with Trump. Take back the act of flying the flag and attach your own meaning to it and defend it. That you fly it because you're proud of this country and still have hope for its future.  It is a public statement.  Just how proud of this country are you ?  Enough to say why if someone asks ?

A personal example ... while I am a Trump supporter I am adamantly pro choice.  And open about it if asked.  That is a direct disagreement with Trump and the repub party in general.  While I am not pro abortion, I simply believe it to be a personal choice between the pregnant and their doctor.  If it is done it needs to be safe.  The government needs not be involved other than to oversee safety in its official capacity.  Abortion should not be federally funded, except in the cases of rape and incest.  Been my position on the subject for 40 years or more.

Is their any common ground in there with a non Trump supporter ?  I don't know.
Steely_D

Steely_D Avatar

Location: Biscayne Bay
Gender: Male


Posted: Nov 23, 2021 - 9:45pm

 rgio wrote:

We need to count every legal vote, which is why audits are necessary for Arizona, Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, and Georgia.  It would be unpatriotic NOT to get to the bottom of the stolen election.


And, once audited and the results stand: suck it up, buttercup.

Gore showed more honor when his victory was stolen from him than Trump did with a proven legitimate loss.
rgio

rgio Avatar

Location: West Jersey
Gender: Male


Posted: Nov 23, 2021 - 2:43pm

 Steely_D wrote:


It's horrible and hurts/divides America that the GOP has co-opted the ideas like "law and order" and "patriot" and even the American flag. Now all of those things immediately make people think of the GOP. If I flew the flag, as a proud American, someone would think I was a Trump supporter. If I say that we should prosecute the looters, because that's all about law and order, it'll imply racism and xenophobia. 

Shame on the GOP for that tactic and on the Dems for not fighting back on that. 


They have learned from Fox News that starting any discussion or argument with a universal truth enables the listener/viewer to assume the moral high ground, and by default, prove that anyone who disagrees is evil, bad, and to your point, un-American.

Every life is sacred....
Immigrants should legally come to the US...
We should support our local police...
We should only count the votes legally cast in the election...
Every American has a right to defend themselves...
Parents should decide what's best for their children...
Everyone should have the right to manage their own medical decisions...

They even on occasion co-opt symbols for their own purposes, like the insane association that the national anthem is played to honor the military.   Until recently, the US military PAID the NFL for the honor guard, flyovers, and national anthem performances as a recruiting tool.  

Once someone agrees with the initial statement of fact, you can tell them almost anything.  We need to count every legal vote, which is why audits are necessary for Arizona, Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, and Georgia.  It would be unpatriotic NOT to get to the bottom of the stolen election.
R_P

R_P Avatar



Posted: Nov 23, 2021 - 2:40pm

 Steely_D wrote:
If I flew the flag, as a proud American, someone would think I was a Trump supporter.

Maybe it could be reframed as "virtue signalling."

Steely_D

Steely_D Avatar

Location: Biscayne Bay
Gender: Male


Posted: Nov 23, 2021 - 1:49pm

 R_P wrote:




It's horrible and hurts/divides America that the GOP has co-opted the ideas like "law and order" and "patriot" and even the American flag. Now all of those things immediately make people think of the GOP. If I flew the flag, as a proud American, someone would think I was a Trump supporter. If I say that we should prosecute the looters, because that's all about law and order, it'll imply racism and xenophobia. 

Shame on the GOP for that tactic and on the Dems for not fighting back on that. 

R_P

R_P Avatar



Posted: Nov 23, 2021 - 1:33pm

 kurtster wrote:
Liberal areas enable those who act out this way.

They are doing this because there are no consequences.  It is that simple.

This is not everybody, these are career criminals.

Defund the police and put people in charge who will not impose consequences and you still wonder why this is happenning ?


black321

black321 Avatar

Location: An earth without maps
Gender: Male


Posted: Nov 23, 2021 - 1:20pm

 kurtster wrote:


Liberal areas enable those who act out this way.

They are doing this because there are no consequences.  It is that simple.

This is not everybody, these are career criminals.

Defund the police and put people in charge who will not impose consequences and you still wonder why this is happenning ?


I think there is truth to the point Steely D makes, that you have more homeless...people problems in liberal areas, because they provide services, not found throughout the country.
But there is also truth to your point about enabling.
Clearly, there needs to be both more services (in all cities), and more effective services for those in need. 
ScottFromWyoming

ScottFromWyoming Avatar

Location: Powell
Gender: Male


Posted: Nov 23, 2021 - 10:03am

 miamizsun wrote:


*sfw dates himself by mentioning the VFW and miami can't stop laughing at the ref*


Doesn't every town in America have a VFW? Most of them have a ballroom. Most of them would not approve of Jello Biafra.
kurtster

kurtster Avatar

Location: where fear is not a virtue
Gender: Male


Posted: Nov 23, 2021 - 9:38am

 Steely_D wrote:
 kurtster wrote:

This is not everybody, these are career criminals. Defund the police and put people in charge who will not impose consequences and you still wonder why this is happenning ?
1) “Career” criminals - why? See my original post. They’re trapped, and it’s the fault of those who make the rules: no voting, no earning potential, no education, and police willing to kill them for being the wrong color. 2) Hiring more undertrained angry white men with guns will never, ever, fix the problem. If all you see is punishment, then the problem is already there. The best question is “how do you stop the problem from becoming.”
 
1)  You're saying that people only become criminals because of certain circumstances ?

2)  You're saying that the police are only white men ?

Really ?
Steely_D

Steely_D Avatar

Location: Biscayne Bay
Gender: Male


Posted: Nov 23, 2021 - 9:27am

 kurtster wrote:

This is not everybody, these are career criminals.

Defund the police and put people in charge who will not impose consequences and you still wonder why this is happenning ?


1) “Career” criminals - why? See my original post. They’re trapped, and it’s the fault of those who make the rules: no voting, no earning potential, no education, and police willing to kill them for being the wrong color.

2) Hiring more undertrained angry white men with guns will never, ever, fix the problem. If all you see is punishment, then the problem is already there. The best question is “how do you stop the problem from becoming.”
kurtster

kurtster Avatar

Location: where fear is not a virtue
Gender: Male


Posted: Nov 23, 2021 - 9:23am

 Steely_D wrote:
 
“Blue bleeding heart liberals in Walnut Creek” is thinking of the problem backwards.

Liberalism doesn’t cause destitution, but it provides services for the poor, mentally ill, and criminal - that’s why you see concentrations of these folks in liberal areas.
The problem here, really, is wondering why people do this. 

...
 you’re not paying attention.
 

Liberal areas enable those who act out this way.

They are doing this because there are no consequences.  It is that simple.

This is not everybody, these are career criminals.

Defund the police and put people in charge who will not impose consequences and you still wonder why this is happenning ?
Steely_D

Steely_D Avatar

Location: Biscayne Bay
Gender: Male


Posted: Nov 23, 2021 - 9:05am

 Red_Dragon wrote:


Stop making sense.


You may ask yourself, “Why such a big suit?”
Red_Dragon

Red_Dragon Avatar



Posted: Nov 23, 2021 - 9:02am

 Steely_D wrote:


“Blue bleeding heart liberals in Walnut Creek” is thinking of the problem backwards. Liberalism doesn’t cause destitution, but it provides services for the poor, mentally ill, and criminal - that’s why you see concentrations of these folks in liberal areas.

The problem here, really, is wondering why people do this. 
And, if you take away their ability to get an acceptable education, 
deny them a reasonable paying job, 
take away fairness in the marketplace/workplace, 
take away their ability to vote, 
refuse to corral a police force that executes without due process, 
and - in a nutshell - show that the deck will forever be stacked against them, 
and then wonder why they act “this way,” then you’re not paying attention.






Stop making sense.
Steely_D

Steely_D Avatar

Location: Biscayne Bay
Gender: Male


Posted: Nov 23, 2021 - 8:58am

 kurtster wrote:


“Blue bleeding heart liberals in Walnut Creek” is thinking of the problem backwards. Liberalism doesn’t cause destitution, but it provides services for the poor, mentally ill, and criminal - that’s why you see concentrations of these folks in liberal areas.

The problem here, really, is wondering why people do this. 
And, if you take away their ability to get an acceptable education, 
deny them a reasonable paying job, 
take away fairness in the marketplace/workplace, 
take away their ability to vote, 
refuse to corral a police force that executes without due process, 
and - in a nutshell - show that the deck will forever be stacked against them, 
and then wonder why they act “this way,” then you’re not paying attention.




kurtster

kurtster Avatar

Location: where fear is not a virtue
Gender: Male


Posted: Nov 23, 2021 - 8:45am

 westslope wrote:
 westslope wrote:

The red SUV killed 5 people and injured many others after breaking through a police barrier.

......

The driver was apparently out on bail after having used his vehicle to run over a woman.

What the hell!?!!   

Automobiles are NOT deadly weapons?  If so what are they?    Gilded coaches from the celestial heavens? 

Or was the man treated lightly because he is of Black African descent? 

Do I detect a systemic problem here?  
 
Yes indeed.  There is a systemic problem.  It also recently manifested itself again in California this past weekend with all the smash and grab robberies.  Prosecutors and judges are refusing to prosecute crimes and the no bail or low bail lets these creeps right back out on the streets.  All of this is brought to you / us by the Democratic party and George Soros, who openly funds these district attorneys that refuse to prosecute, such as the one in San Fran who is currently facing a recall, IIRC.  There is also another DA in Philly who is also facing the wrath of the disgruntled good citizens, again funded by Soros.

The criminals know that they have no consequences, no deterent to stop commiting their crimes.  So they don't.  And stores are closing up and leaving town and we are now going to be dealing with another wave of retail deserts in big cities.  This all happened before in the end of the last century as a result of all of the riots and we were well on our way of rebuilding.  Now that is over.  This all happens in the democratically owned and operated large cities.  Now it is spreading into the burbs.  

All those blue bleeding liberals in Walnut Creek are reaping the rewards of their votes now.  This is what happens when you say it is someone else's problem and it will never happen to me where I live.  Well it has and it is only getting started.

Rant over ... for now.
westslope

westslope Avatar

Location: BC sage brush steppe


Posted: Nov 23, 2021 - 7:13am

 westslope wrote:

The red SUV killed 5 people and injured many others after breaking through a police barrier.

......

The driver was apparently out on bail after having used his vehicle to run over a woman.

What the hell!?!!   

Automobiles are NOT deadly weapons?  If so what are they?    Gilded coaches from the celestial heavens? 

Or was the man treated lightly because he is of Black African descent? 

Do I detect a systemic problem here?  
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 688, 689, 690  Next