[ ]   [ ]   [ ]                        [ ]      [ ]   [ ]

Trump - kcar - Jun 16, 2024 - 10:29pm
 
NY Times Strands - geoff_morphini - Jun 16, 2024 - 10:09pm
 
What Are You Going To Do Today? - KurtfromLaQuinta - Jun 16, 2024 - 8:57pm
 
June 2024 Photo Theme - Eyes - KurtfromLaQuinta - Jun 16, 2024 - 8:55pm
 
Things You Thought Today - Red_Dragon - Jun 16, 2024 - 8:22pm
 
Wordle - daily game - Coaxial - Jun 16, 2024 - 7:30pm
 
Israel - R_P - Jun 16, 2024 - 5:27pm
 
NYTimes Connections - islander - Jun 16, 2024 - 5:26pm
 
Ukraine - Isabeau - Jun 16, 2024 - 3:09pm
 
What Did You See Today? - Manbird - Jun 16, 2024 - 2:39pm
 
• • • The Once-a-Day • • •  - Manbird - Jun 16, 2024 - 2:12pm
 
Geomorphology - kurtster - Jun 16, 2024 - 1:29pm
 
Today in History - Proclivities - Jun 16, 2024 - 11:37am
 
Outstanding Covers - Proclivities - Jun 16, 2024 - 11:07am
 
Artificial Intelligence - thisbody - Jun 16, 2024 - 10:53am
 
The Chomsky / Zinn Reader - thisbody - Jun 16, 2024 - 10:42am
 
Name My Band - thisbody - Jun 16, 2024 - 10:24am
 
The Dragons' Roost - oldviolin - Jun 16, 2024 - 9:35am
 
Radio Paradise Comments - GeneP59 - Jun 16, 2024 - 9:29am
 
Football, soccer, futbol, calcio... - thisbody - Jun 16, 2024 - 8:35am
 
Bug Reports & Feature Requests - heinlein2302 - Jun 16, 2024 - 2:29am
 
No stream after station ID - arlen.nelson969 - Jun 15, 2024 - 2:29pm
 
Business as Usual - kurtster - Jun 15, 2024 - 9:53am
 
favorite love songs - maryte - Jun 15, 2024 - 8:58am
 
Song of the Day - oldviolin - Jun 15, 2024 - 8:08am
 
RightWingNutZ - thisbody - Jun 15, 2024 - 1:28am
 
USA! USA! USA! - R_P - Jun 15, 2024 - 12:37am
 
Gotta Get Your Drink On - Antigone - Jun 14, 2024 - 7:05pm
 
What Makes You Laugh? - Antigone - Jun 14, 2024 - 7:04pm
 
Lyrics that strike a chord today... - oldviolin - Jun 14, 2024 - 3:15pm
 
China - R_P - Jun 14, 2024 - 2:59pm
 
what the hell, miamizsun? - oldviolin - Jun 14, 2024 - 2:08pm
 
Religion - Steely_D - Jun 14, 2024 - 1:28pm
 
Vinyl Only Spin List - kurtster - Jun 14, 2024 - 8:56am
 
Climate Change - R_P - Jun 14, 2024 - 7:37am
 
Solar / Wind / Geothermal / Efficiency Energy - Proclivities - Jun 14, 2024 - 6:42am
 
Just Wrong - ptooey - Jun 14, 2024 - 6:22am
 
Florida - R_P - Jun 13, 2024 - 3:35pm
 
Democratic Party - thisbody - Jun 13, 2024 - 9:08am
 
Strips, cartoons, illustrations - thisbody - Jun 13, 2024 - 8:56am
 
Animal Resistance - thisbody - Jun 13, 2024 - 8:04am
 
Sonos - konz - Jun 13, 2024 - 7:47am
 
New Music - lievendegrauwe - Jun 13, 2024 - 12:43am
 
The Green Thread: A place to share info about living a gr... - NoEnzLefttoSplit - Jun 12, 2024 - 11:48pm
 
Derplahoma! - ScottFromWyoming - Jun 12, 2024 - 9:29pm
 
The Obituary Page - ScottFromWyoming - Jun 12, 2024 - 9:16am
 
Guantánamo Resorts & Other Fun Trips - R_P - Jun 12, 2024 - 8:41am
 
Joe Biden - rgio - Jun 12, 2024 - 8:28am
 
Right, Left, Right of Left, Left of Right, Center...? - kurtster - Jun 11, 2024 - 10:36pm
 
Mixtape Culture Club - KurtfromLaQuinta - Jun 11, 2024 - 3:51pm
 
Breaking News - Isabeau - Jun 11, 2024 - 2:29pm
 
Calling all RP Roku users! - RPnate1 - Jun 11, 2024 - 12:50pm
 
Words that should be put on the substitutes bench for a year - sunybuny - Jun 11, 2024 - 4:38am
 
Europe - thisbody - Jun 11, 2024 - 1:23am
 
Marijuana: Baked News. - R_P - Jun 10, 2024 - 12:01pm
 
Streaming Marantz/HEOS - rgio - Jun 10, 2024 - 11:43am
 
Is there any DOG news out there? - thisbody - Jun 9, 2024 - 12:38pm
 
Quick! I need a chicken... - thisbody - Jun 9, 2024 - 10:38am
 
Economix - Bill_J - Jun 8, 2024 - 5:25pm
 
Snakes & streaming images. WTH is going on? - rasta_tiger - Jun 8, 2024 - 2:16pm
 
Great guitar faces - thisbody - Jun 8, 2024 - 10:39am
 
TEXAS - maryte - Jun 8, 2024 - 9:21am
 
NASA & other news from space - Beaker - Jun 8, 2024 - 8:23am
 
Live Music - oldviolin - Jun 7, 2024 - 10:03pm
 
Republican Party - kcar - Jun 7, 2024 - 8:11pm
 
Lyrics that are stuck in your head today... - Manbird - Jun 7, 2024 - 8:04pm
 
What the hell OV? - oldviolin - Jun 7, 2024 - 7:42pm
 
Can you afford to retire? - JrzyTmata - Jun 7, 2024 - 2:05pm
 
Old timers, crosswords & - ScottFromWyoming - Jun 7, 2024 - 12:09pm
 
Military Matters - R_P - Jun 7, 2024 - 11:31am
 
Favorite Quotes - black321 - Jun 7, 2024 - 7:45am
 
What makes you smile? - Red_Dragon - Jun 7, 2024 - 6:32am
 
Cryptic Posts - Leave Them Guessing - oldviolin - Jun 6, 2024 - 12:35pm
 
What's with the Sitar? ...and Robert Plant - thisbody - Jun 6, 2024 - 11:16am
 
songs that ROCK! - thisbody - Jun 6, 2024 - 10:39am
 
Index » Radio Paradise/General » General Discussion » Get the Quote Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Post to this Topic
R_P

R_P Avatar

Gender: Male


Posted: Mar 30, 2021 - 3:49pm

 black321 wrote:
Absence of belief? An atheist believes there is no god/deity. I've seen as much evangelist/fundamentalist dogma from atheists as southern babtists.
Perhaps absence of belief would fit an agnostic.

Definitions matter.
black321

black321 Avatar

Location: An earth without maps
Gender: Male


Posted: Mar 30, 2021 - 2:49pm



 Lazy8 wrote:
black321 wrote:
So all religion is meaningless? Or are you arguing for a more fundamentalist view?
Is not atheism a belief?

I think the philosophy of religion is a meaningful discussion; but not the belief/disbelief of God. 
For the latter, both sides have faith in answering a question they really can't answer.

In order:

1. No, religions have profound impacts on our lives, both in what we are called to d by them and by what others are called to do to us by them.

2. I don't think he was arguing anything of the sort, but I'll let noenz speak for himself here.

3. No, atheism is the absence of belief, just as clear is not a color and nothing for me, thanks is not a sandwich.

4. Um, ok, but claiming (as Peterson does) that the absence of belief means an absence of morality is simply an ignorant form of religious chauvinism. He admits not understanding the opposite view, but seems genuinely incurious about understanding it.

Absence of belief? An atheist believes there is no god/deity. I've seen as much evangelist/fundamentalist dogma from atheists as southern babtists.
Perhaps absence of belief would fit an agnostic.

He/Dostoevsky does a pretty good job with the argument, that morality hinges on a higher value/transcendence, beyond the self. 
I don't contend that you need belief in a deity to be a good person, and don't believe Peterson argues that either.
But, you need belief beyond oneself (transcendence)  to remain what we universally consider moral.

Sanctimonious? No, but most of these guys are salesmen, figuratively and literally with their latest book... 



haresfur

haresfur Avatar

Location: The Golden Triangle
Gender: Male


Posted: Mar 30, 2021 - 2:19pm



 Lazy8 wrote:
black321 wrote:
So all religion is meaningless? Or are you arguing for a more fundamentalist view?
Is not atheism a belief?

I think the philosophy of religion is a meaningful discussion; but not the belief/disbelief of God. 
For the latter, both sides have faith in answering a question they really can't answer.

In order:

1. No, religions have profound impacts on our lives, both in what we are called to d by them and by what others are called to do to us by them.

2. I don't think he was arguing anything of the sort, but I'll let noenz speak for himself here.

3. No, atheism is the absence of belief, just as clear is not a color and nothing for me, thanks is not a sandwich.

4. Um, ok, but claiming (as Peterson does) that the absence of belief means an absence of morality is simply an ignorant form of religious chauvinism. He admits not understanding the opposite view, but seems genuinely incurious about understanding it.
 
3. I tell people my father was a devout atheist. His atheism sustained him through WWII as he disproved the saying, "There are no atheists in foxholes." Me, I'm pretty much an Apatheist, which leads to...

4. Agree. Live your life so it doesn't matter if God exists or not. Whether for the benefit of society or future lollipops, take your best shot at doing good.

haresfur

haresfur Avatar

Location: The Golden Triangle
Gender: Male


Posted: Mar 30, 2021 - 2:10pm



 NoEnzLefttoSplit wrote:


Without watching more of the debates (which I fully intend to do) I have a feeling where this is headed. The debate with Sam Harris staked out the playing field between the "catastrophe" of dogma and the "catastrophe of moral relativism", which both wanted to avoid.

But by appealing to human psychology, Jungian archetypes, narrative, and Christian beliefs, I see a desperate attempt to find a universal moral language - a commonality I think he called it - that is neither dogmatic nor relative to culture.
I have not yet met anyone who has squared that particular circle and, quite frankly, I don't expect to.

I have a strong suspicion that JP wants to establish that we are only free moral agents within some form of universal moral construct (which is where the sanctimonious shit comes in, he speaks like someone who thinks he has found these "universal rules" which is just another word for dogma) but does a mental back-flip to position himself as a free-thinker outside of the structure he posits. But actually he is championing some kind of dogma, dressed up in modern garb and I think that is why he is annoying: a supreme intellect, highly erudite but fundamentally using his cerebral prowess to fool himself... ok, I 'm stretching here.. may my further research prove me wrong.

Whatever, the debate was one of the best I have seen, so I have to give him credit for that.

 
That's weird, trying to find a universal moral language based on Christian beliefs that is not relative to culture. Not dogmatic? I guess that means finding your "universal moral language" by picking and choosing the Christian beliefs you like. You know, like the evangelicals. 

Better off recognising that all this shit is based on your culture. That leads you to situational ethics - in the original sense that, if I remember correctly boils down to "do it with love for other people"

Lazy8

Lazy8 Avatar

Location: The Gallatin Valley of Montana
Gender: Male


Posted: Mar 30, 2021 - 1:27pm

black321 wrote:
So all religion is meaningless? Or are you arguing for a more fundamentalist view?
Is not atheism a belief?

I think the philosophy of religion is a meaningful discussion; but not the belief/disbelief of God. 
For the latter, both sides have faith in answering a question they really can't answer.

In order:

1. No, religions have profound impacts on our lives, both in what we are called to d by them and by what others are called to do to us by them.

2. I don't think he was arguing anything of the sort, but I'll let noenz speak for himself here.

3. No, atheism is the absence of belief, just as clear is not a color and nothing for me, thanks is not a sandwich.

4. Um, ok, but claiming (as Peterson does) that the absence of belief means an absence of morality is simply an ignorant form of religious chauvinism. He admits not understanding the opposite view, but seems genuinely incurious about understanding it.
NoEnzLefttoSplit

NoEnzLefttoSplit Avatar

Gender: Male


Posted: Mar 30, 2021 - 1:19pm

 black321 wrote:


 NoEnzLefttoSplit wrote:

I must admit the first video I saw of him was precisely that sanctimonious up-his-own-arse side to him and I pigeon-holed him pretty quickly.
The debate with Sam Harris I watched yesterday at least made me pause. To his credit, JP can follow a clear line of argument through multiple recursions and side-tracking, which is not something many people manage. So yeah, he does have a brain. But ultimately the line he is arguing is untenable, (i.e. that religion speaks to some higher truth that can only be expressed or explored in narrative). To make this logically consistent he would have to water it down to meaningless (which he tries to do to make it salonfähig in front of the likes of Sam Harris) but by paying lip service to the narrative he stokes a fanbase of believers. He's basically trying to have his cake and eat it too. 
 
So all religion is meaningless? Or are you arguing for a more fundamentalist view?
Is not atheism a belief?

I think the philosophy of religion is a meaningful discussion; but not the belief/disbelief of God. 
For the latter, both sides have faith in answering a question they really can't answer.

 
that one.

NoEnzLefttoSplit

NoEnzLefttoSplit Avatar

Gender: Male


Posted: Mar 30, 2021 - 1:07pm

 sirdroseph wrote:

To be fair, I don't even know that much about Peterson's view on religion.  I am much more interested in his views on human psychology, society, free speech and individual responsibility.  As I have listened to him more and more, I can hear snippets of his championing Christianity but I am not one to get bogged down in the semantics of a person's religious preference unless they are Evangelical or Fundamental.  I tend to poo poo that.  I am more interested in one's behavior and ideas.  Religion including Atheism is nothing but style and delivery, the real measure is how all of this is manifest in the individual in the spirit world.{#Meditate}
 
Without watching more of the debates (which I fully intend to do) I have a feeling where this is headed. The debate with Sam Harris staked out the playing field between the "catastrophe" of dogma and the "catastrophe of moral relativism", which both wanted to avoid.

But by appealing to human psychology, Jungian archetypes, narrative, and Christian beliefs, I see a desperate attempt to find a universal moral language - a commonality I think he called it - that is neither dogmatic nor relative to culture. I have not yet met anyone who has squared that particular circle and, quite frankly, I don't expect to.

I have a  strong suspicion that JP wants to establish that we are only free moral agents within some form of universal moral construct (which is where the sanctimonious shit comes in, he speaks like someone who thinks he has found these "universal rules" which is just another word for dogma) but does a mental back-flip to position himself as a free-thinker outside of the structure he posits. But actually he is championing some kind of dogma, dressed up in modern garb and I think that is why he is annoying: a supreme intellect, highly erudite but fundamentally using his cerebral prowess to fool himself... ok, I 'm stretching here.. may my further research prove me wrong.

Whatever, the debate was one of the best I have seen, so I have to give him credit for that. 
black321

black321 Avatar

Location: An earth without maps
Gender: Male


Posted: Mar 30, 2021 - 12:50pm



 sirdroseph wrote:

To be fair, I don't even know that much about Peterson's view on religion.  I am much more interested in his views on human psychology, society, free speech and individual responsibility.  As I have listened to him more and more, I can hear snippets of his championing Christianity but I am not one to get bogged down in the semantics of a person's religious preference unless they are Evangelical or Fundamental.  I tend to poo poo that.  I am more interested in one's behavior and ideas.  Religion including Atheism is nothing but style and delivery, the real measure is how all of this is manifest in the individual in the spirit world.
{#Meditate}
 
I would agree, the cornerstone of most of his discussions have little to do with religion, or politics. 

black321

black321 Avatar

Location: An earth without maps
Gender: Male


Posted: Mar 30, 2021 - 12:49pm



 NoEnzLefttoSplit wrote:

I must admit the first video I saw of him was precisely that sanctimonious up-his-own-arse side to him and I pigeon-holed him pretty quickly.
The debate with Sam Harris I watched yesterday at least made me pause. To his credit, JP can follow a clear line of argument through multiple recursions and side-tracking, which is not something many people manage. So yeah, he does have a brain. But ultimately the line he is arguing is untenable, (i.e. that religion speaks to some higher truth that can only be expressed or explored in narrative). To make this logically consistent he would have to water it down to meaningless (which he tries to do to make it salonfähig in front of the likes of Sam Harris) but by paying lip service to the narrative he stokes a fanbase of believers. He's basically trying to have his cake and eat it too. 
 
So all religion is meaningless? Or are you arguing for a more fundamentalist view?
Is not atheism a belief?

I think the philosophy of religion is a meaningful discussion; but not the belief/disbelief of God. 
For the latter, both sides have faith in answering a question they really can't answer.

sirdroseph

sirdroseph Avatar

Location: Not here, I tell you wat
Gender: Male


Posted: Mar 30, 2021 - 12:38pm

 NoEnzLefttoSplit wrote:

I must admit the first video I saw of him was precisely that sanctimonious up-his-own-arse side to him and I pigeon-holed him pretty quickly.
The debate with Sam Harris I watched yesterday at least made me pause. To his credit, JP can follow a clear line of argument through multiple recursions and side-tracking, which is not something many people manage. So yeah, he does have a brain. But ultimately the line he is arguing is untenable, (i.e. that religion speaks to some higher truth that can only be expressed or explored in narrative). To make this logically consistent he would have to water it down to meaningless (which he tries to do to make it salonfähig in front of the likes of Sam Harris) but by paying lip service to the narrative he stokes a fanbase of believers. He's basically trying to have his cake and eat it too. 
 
To be fair, I don't even know that much about Peterson's view on religion.  I am much more interested in his views on human psychology, society, free speech and individual responsibility.  As I have listened to him more and more, I can hear snippets of his championing Christianity but I am not one to get bogged down in the semantics of a person's religious preference unless they are Evangelical or Fundamental.  I tend to poo poo that.  I am more interested in one's behavior and ideas.  Religion including Atheism is nothing but style and delivery, the real measure is how all of this is manifest in the individual in the spirit world.{#Meditate}
NoEnzLefttoSplit

NoEnzLefttoSplit Avatar

Gender: Male


Posted: Mar 30, 2021 - 12:27pm

 Lazy8 wrote:
sirdroseph wrote:
"I don't think it is possible to grow up without having children."   Jordan Peterson


I would like to add that having children does not guarantee growing up either.  Caveat is that this opinion does not put a judgment on growing up as a goal or as a pejorative.

This is the kind of hyperbole is what keeps people from taking him seriously. He has interesting/relevant/true things to say and brackets them with sanctimonious nonsense like this.
 
I must admit the first video I saw of him was precisely that sanctimonious up-his-own-arse side to him and I pigeon-holed him pretty quickly.
The debate with Sam Harris I watched yesterday at least made me pause. To his credit, JP can follow a clear line of argument through multiple recursions and side-tracking, which is not something many people manage. So yeah, he does have a brain. But ultimately the line he is arguing is untenable, (i.e. that religion speaks to some higher truth that can only be expressed or explored in narrative). To make this logically consistent he would have to water it down to meaningless (which he tries to do to make it salonfähig in front of the likes of Sam Harris) but by paying lip service to the narrative he stokes a fanbase of believers. He's basically trying to have his cake and eat it too. 
oldviolin

oldviolin Avatar

Location: esse quam videri
Gender: Male


Posted: Mar 30, 2021 - 11:45am

Out, out, brief candle!
Life’s but a walking shadow, a poor player
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage
And then is heard no more; it is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

Shakespeare
sirdroseph

sirdroseph Avatar

Location: Not here, I tell you wat
Gender: Male


Posted: Mar 30, 2021 - 11:35am

 Lazy8 wrote:

Yeah, seriously. He became a free speech martyr and rode that to stardom, but there just isn't that much to him.

I'm glad he used his alt-platform to re-introduce people to Enlightenment values, glad he is an articulate defender of intellectual honesty. That's commendable and all, but that should be the minimum for being a public intellectual. What he brings to the table beyond that is bland Christian moralism. He's no Christopher Hitchens.

The fact that he is seen as a radical—by both his detractors and supporters—is a sad comment on the current intellectual atmosphere.
 
I don't see him as radical at all, if I did I would probably not be a supporter, not that radicalism is a presumed pejorative.  Does not mean that I am correct in my assessment of him as radical or not, but I am quite sure of how I see him.
black321

black321 Avatar

Location: An earth without maps
Gender: Male


Posted: Mar 30, 2021 - 10:13am



 Lazy8 wrote:
sirdroseph wrote:
This will provide some context as with all deep thinkers, it is not that simple.  Also how can it be sanctimonious if I already provided a caveat that this is not even about judgment or saying that growing up is better than not growing up, I made that quite clear.  Anyway, if you are interested in a full explanation:
 
 
As for keeping people from taking him seriously, some may not, but I was not aware that this was an overall issue with him.  Seems to me he is doing alright for himself and is a well respected thinker for those that value such things.  Pretty sure credibility is not an issue, there are plenty who disagree with him, but not taking him seriously.....seriously?
{#Eek}

Yeah, seriously. He became a free speech martyr and rode that to stardom, but there just isn't that much to him.

I'm glad he used his alt-platform to re-introduce people to Enlightenment values, glad he is an articulate defender of intellectual honesty. That's commendable and all, but that should be the minimum for being a public intellectual. What he brings to the table beyond that is bland Christian moralism. He's no Christopher Hitchens.

The fact that he is seen as a radical—by both his detractors and supporters—is a sad comment on the current intellectual atmosphere.
 
Well that's pretty friggin obvious.
Peterson is far from any form of fundamentalism.

R_P

R_P Avatar

Gender: Male


Posted: Mar 30, 2021 - 10:11am

 Lazy8 wrote:
What he brings to the table beyond that is bland Christian moralism.
 
Cleverly repackaged as self-help for reactionaries/conservatives.
Lazy8

Lazy8 Avatar

Location: The Gallatin Valley of Montana
Gender: Male


Posted: Mar 30, 2021 - 10:05am

sirdroseph wrote:
This will provide some context as with all deep thinkers, it is not that simple.  Also how can it be sanctimonious if I already provided a caveat that this is not even about judgment or saying that growing up is better than not growing up, I made that quite clear.  Anyway, if you are interested in a full explanation:
 
 
As for keeping people from taking him seriously, some may not, but I was not aware that this was an overall issue with him.  Seems to me he is doing alright for himself and is a well respected thinker for those that value such things.  Pretty sure credibility is not an issue, there are plenty who disagree with him, but not taking him seriously.....seriously?
{#Eek}

Yeah, seriously. He became a free speech martyr and rode that to stardom, but there just isn't that much to him.

I'm glad he used his alt-platform to re-introduce people to Enlightenment values, glad he is an articulate defender of intellectual honesty. That's commendable and all, but that should be the minimum for being a public intellectual. What he brings to the table beyond that is bland Christian moralism. He's no Christopher Hitchens.

The fact that he is seen as a radical—by both his detractors and supporters—is a sad comment on the current intellectual atmosphere.
sirdroseph

sirdroseph Avatar

Location: Not here, I tell you wat
Gender: Male


Posted: Mar 30, 2021 - 8:50am

 Lazy8 wrote:
sirdroseph wrote:
"I don't think it is possible to grow up without having children."   Jordan Peterson


I would like to add that having children does not guarantee growing up either.  Caveat is that this opinion does not put a judgment on growing up as a goal or as a pejorative.

This is the kind of hyperbole is what keeps people from taking him seriously. He has interesting/relevant/true things to say and brackets them with sanctimonious nonsense like this.
 
This will provide some context as with all deep thinkers, it is not that simple.  Also how can it be sanctimonious if I already provided a caveat that this is not even about judgment or saying that growing up is better than not growing up, I made that quite clear.  Anyway, if you are interested in a full explanation:
 
 
As for keeping people from taking him seriously, some may not, but I was not aware that this was an overall issue with him.  Seems to me he is doing alright for himself and is a well respected thinker for those that value such things.  Pretty sure credibility is not an issue, there are plenty who disagree with him, but not taking him seriously.....seriously?{#Eek} 
Lazy8

Lazy8 Avatar

Location: The Gallatin Valley of Montana
Gender: Male


Posted: Mar 30, 2021 - 8:05am

sirdroseph wrote:
"I don't think it is possible to grow up without having children."   Jordan Peterson


I would like to add that having children does not guarantee growing up either.  Caveat is that this opinion does not put a judgment on growing up as a goal or as a pejorative.

This is the kind of hyperbole is what keeps people from taking him seriously. He has interesting/relevant/true things to say and brackets them with sanctimonious nonsense like this.
sirdroseph

sirdroseph Avatar

Location: Not here, I tell you wat
Gender: Male


Posted: Mar 30, 2021 - 5:03am

"I don't think it is possible to grow up without having children."   Jordan Peterson


I would like to add that having children does not guarantee growing up either.  Caveat is that this opinion does not put a judgment on growing up as a goal or as a pejorative.
sirdroseph

sirdroseph Avatar

Location: Not here, I tell you wat
Gender: Male


Posted: Mar 15, 2021 - 4:39am

"When people get use to preferential treatment, equal treatment feels like discrimination". Thomas Sowell
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next