[ ]   [ ]   [ ]                        [ ]      [ ]   [ ]

Wordle - daily game - islander - Oct 6, 2022 - 7:20am
 
Baseball, anyone? - JrzyTmata - Oct 6, 2022 - 6:27am
 
Radio Paradise NFL Pick'em Group - Coaxial - Oct 6, 2022 - 4:55am
 
New RP Website! (2022) - Coaxial - Oct 6, 2022 - 4:51am
 
Radio Paradise Comments - Coaxial - Oct 6, 2022 - 4:47am
 
What the hell OV? - miamizsun - Oct 6, 2022 - 4:29am
 
Cryptic Posts - Leave Them Guessing - buddy - Oct 5, 2022 - 9:35pm
 
Ukraine - VV - Oct 5, 2022 - 8:36pm
 
M.A.G.A. - Red_Dragon - Oct 5, 2022 - 7:45pm
 
Pernicious Pious Proclivities Particularized Prodigiously - Red_Dragon - Oct 5, 2022 - 6:05pm
 
Name My Band - Red_Dragon - Oct 5, 2022 - 5:54pm
 
Manbird's Episiotomy Stitch Licking Clinic - KEEP OUT - buddy - Oct 5, 2022 - 5:07pm
 
New is better - mrpixel - Oct 5, 2022 - 4:37pm
 
COVID-19 - R_P - Oct 5, 2022 - 3:39pm
 
260,000 Posts in one thread? - oldviolin - Oct 5, 2022 - 2:12pm
 
Bug Reports & Feature Requests - i3a - Oct 5, 2022 - 2:08pm
 
Science in the News - kcar - Oct 5, 2022 - 1:41pm
 
what the hell, miamizsun? - Manbird - Oct 5, 2022 - 12:57pm
 
Profit margin on swag? - Manbird - Oct 5, 2022 - 12:55pm
 
If not RP, what are you listening to right now? - Steely_D - Oct 5, 2022 - 12:35pm
 
Iran - miamizsun - Oct 5, 2022 - 11:42am
 
Live Music - oldviolin - Oct 5, 2022 - 11:13am
 
Rufus Wainwright & Kurt Vile - marko86 - Oct 5, 2022 - 11:09am
 
USA! USA! USA! - westslope - Oct 5, 2022 - 9:51am
 
The Obituary Page - eyke - Oct 5, 2022 - 9:38am
 
Dreams - Tales from your sleep - oldviolin - Oct 5, 2022 - 9:00am
 
The Burrito Chronicles - ScottFromWyoming - Oct 5, 2022 - 8:10am
 
I ain't got my taco! - ScottFromWyoming - Oct 5, 2022 - 7:55am
 
Mixtape Culture Club - miamizsun - Oct 5, 2022 - 6:54am
 
Museum Of Bad Album Covers - kurtster - Oct 5, 2022 - 6:28am
 
RightWingNutZ - Red_Dragon - Oct 4, 2022 - 4:58pm
 
China - miamizsun - Oct 4, 2022 - 2:05pm
 
Congrats from France - GeneP59 - Oct 4, 2022 - 12:23pm
 
Climate Change - R_P - Oct 4, 2022 - 10:30am
 
North Korea - miamizsun - Oct 4, 2022 - 10:21am
 
Photography Forum - Your Own Photos - Tim55 - Oct 4, 2022 - 9:28am
 
Today in History - Red_Dragon - Oct 4, 2022 - 6:17am
 
New App Changes. Can't Scroll Back On Comment Section of - jarro - Oct 4, 2022 - 4:53am
 
Nederland / The Netherlands - lucassentheo - Oct 4, 2022 - 12:31am
 
Propaganda - miamizsun - Oct 3, 2022 - 3:32pm
 
Evolution! - R_P - Oct 3, 2022 - 12:18pm
 
New Song Submissions system - rklein - Oct 3, 2022 - 10:45am
 
Lowest rated song you gave a 10 - rgio - Oct 3, 2022 - 7:29am
 
Pink Floyd Set? - Steely_D - Oct 3, 2022 - 7:25am
 
Cool concerts?? - Coaxial - Oct 3, 2022 - 5:13am
 
Russia - miamizsun - Oct 3, 2022 - 4:57am
 
Solar / Wind / Geothermal / Efficiency Energy - GeneP59 - Oct 2, 2022 - 8:07pm
 
Things You Thought Today - GeneP59 - Oct 2, 2022 - 7:52pm
 
HALF A WORLD - oldviolin - Oct 2, 2022 - 2:54pm
 
Can I use my ratings to create a playlist? - William - Oct 2, 2022 - 12:09pm
 
Poetry Forum - Antigone - Oct 2, 2022 - 5:31am
 
Counting with Pictures - ScottN - Oct 2, 2022 - 5:07am
 
Recommended documentaries - KurtfromLaQuinta - Oct 1, 2022 - 9:28pm
 
What the world needs now is .... - KurtfromLaQuinta - Oct 1, 2022 - 9:22pm
 
• • • The Once-a-Day • • •  - oldviolin - Oct 1, 2022 - 11:06am
 
What makes you smile? - kcar - Sep 30, 2022 - 7:05pm
 
Derplahoma! - Red_Dragon - Sep 30, 2022 - 2:07pm
 
Britain - R_P - Sep 30, 2022 - 1:07pm
 
Artificial Intelligence - miamizsun - Sep 30, 2022 - 4:52am
 
Favorite Quotes - sirdroseph - Sep 30, 2022 - 4:23am
 
Two questions. That's it. I promise. - GeneP59 - Sep 29, 2022 - 4:26pm
 
Guns - R_P - Sep 29, 2022 - 2:36pm
 
Vinyl Only Spin List - kurtster - Sep 29, 2022 - 8:06am
 
How's the weather? - Proclivities - Sep 29, 2022 - 7:10am
 
Prog Rockers Anonymous - ianm42 - Sep 29, 2022 - 2:03am
 
They're made out of meat. - oldviolin - Sep 28, 2022 - 8:08pm
 
What Makes You Laugh? - ScottFromWyoming - Sep 28, 2022 - 8:06pm
 
Republican Party - Red_Dragon - Sep 28, 2022 - 6:50pm
 
NASA & other news from space - Red_Dragon - Sep 28, 2022 - 4:27pm
 
First Porcupine Tree Concert in Toronto - the_jake - Sep 28, 2022 - 12:21pm
 
Florida Hurricane preparedness - pilgrim - Sep 28, 2022 - 10:23am
 
The Abortion Wars - Red_Dragon - Sep 28, 2022 - 10:11am
 
What's the first concert you ever went to? - Coaxial - Sep 28, 2022 - 5:03am
 
TEXAS - Red_Dragon - Sep 27, 2022 - 6:34pm
 
Display Album Art/Hide Slideshow - Joril - Sep 27, 2022 - 12:58am
 
Index » Regional/Local » USA/Canada » Media Bias Page: 1, 2, 3 ... 83, 84, 85  Next
Post to this Topic
Red_Dragon

Red_Dragon Avatar



Posted: Aug 9, 2022 - 6:34am

It didn't happen...
sirdroseph

sirdroseph Avatar

Location: Not here, I tell you wat
Gender: Male


Posted: Aug 26, 2021 - 4:15am

sirdroseph

sirdroseph Avatar

Location: Not here, I tell you wat
Gender: Male


Posted: Aug 3, 2021 - 7:47am

ScottFromWyoming

ScottFromWyoming Avatar

Location: Powell
Gender: Male


Posted: Aug 2, 2021 - 9:14am

 Manbird wrote:


Hmm. One of them colors her newsy information and stories with face palms, roll eyes, yeah rights and does little to couch her liberal fun time get-together hour as hard news and the other is a mechanical flat out lying disinformation machine who wants to present his propaganda as cold hard news - and wants to manipulate people who don't know better.  Has Maddow ever flat out lied? I'll bet she has but if you count the lies they both have told (in the manner that they counted Trump's lies over the years) there really is no comparison, IMHO.


Correcto
westslope

westslope Avatar

Location: BC sage brush steppe


Posted: Aug 2, 2021 - 9:04am

 Lazy8 wrote:
I abhor Rachel Maddow's style of yellow journalism.

Demonizing Russia in the post-Soviet period has to be one of the dumbest, stupidest, most strategically dangerous things that Americans have done in the post-war period. 

Note I said "Americans".   Republicans, Democrats, others, I see no difference.  

Lazy8

Lazy8 Avatar

Location: The Gallatin Valley of Montana
Gender: Male


Posted: Aug 2, 2021 - 8:28am

 sirdroseph wrote:
If and when we do have a true mass deadly indiscriminate pandemic one that hospitalizes every demographic at a high rate regardless of health and age, one that the massive effects were indisputable and permeated our lives wholly, one that a complete societal shutdown is actually commensurate with the danger posed ala Ebola, Bubonic Plague or some disease like that, there will be very little or no politics or arguments on policy.  There will only be survival and terror and we will all be lined up in the streets begging for vaccines, I assure you.  

Why does it have to be that bad before we abandon superstition? At what point is it more advantageous to politicians to actually serve their constituents rather than exploit and promote scientific illiteracy?

613,000 deaths wasn't enough. Running out of ICU beds wasn't enough. Running out of places to put the bodies wasn't enough

What will be? What's the threshold?

sirdroseph

sirdroseph Avatar

Location: Not here, I tell you wat
Gender: Male


Posted: Aug 2, 2021 - 5:36am

If and when we do have a true mass deadly indiscriminate pandemic one that hospitalizes every demographic at a high rate regardless of health and age, one that the massive effects were indisputable and permeated our lives wholly, one that a complete societal shutdown is actually commensurate with the danger posed ala Ebola, Bubonic Plague or some disease like that, there will be very little or no politics or arguments on policy.  There will only be survival and terror and we will all be lined up in the streets begging for vaccines, I assure you.{#Eek}
 
 
 
 
 
sirdroseph

sirdroseph Avatar

Location: Not here, I tell you wat
Gender: Male


Posted: Jul 24, 2021 - 5:16am

sirdroseph

sirdroseph Avatar

Location: Not here, I tell you wat
Gender: Male


Posted: Jul 13, 2021 - 4:44am

sirdroseph

sirdroseph Avatar

Location: Not here, I tell you wat
Gender: Male


Posted: Jul 5, 2021 - 8:39am

sirdroseph

sirdroseph Avatar

Location: Not here, I tell you wat
Gender: Male


Posted: Jun 23, 2021 - 3:25am

 black321 wrote:
 Steely_D wrote:


So many words. All of it boiling down to "doesn't it make you wonder..." which is a horrible platform to build your philosophies on.


What i got out of it was, politicians, fauci, medical professional leaders (e.g. various bureacrats) manipulated and often lied for various reasons, some good and some bad.
Initially they lied about masks to preserve PPE. It didnt take a genius to understand even in the beginning a mask was a good idea.
I don't recall any initial lies or manipulation around the lab v. nature argument, but once the GOP whackjobs starting using the lab theory as ammunition against Ghina, the freaks on the left would never admit it was lab based, purely for political reasons, and shut down the whole argument, without anything to back it up.  Gotta stick with your team!
All this does beg the question, as per the video, what also are they misleading us about? 
The above examples were all pretty obvious, so I dont think we need to think too hard to figure what else.  
Still, all this subterfuge, which eventually always gets out, makes the naive question the establishment, and adds to the antivaxx movement.
You get what you deserve. 
 
You get it.{#Yes}
haresfur

haresfur Avatar

Location: The Golden Triangle
Gender: Male


Posted: Jun 22, 2021 - 5:14pm

 Steely_D wrote:

Back in the days when her Friday show ended with bar keeping ideas, I use to lurve Rachel. After a while it became obvious that she had an hour to fill, and would build things up to make that happen. Stopped watching her many years ago.





Yeah, I hate that kind of commentary show and podcasts that spin shit out forever rather than getting to a simple and clear point. Cocktails are a much better way to fill time. And I would love it if they all were held accountable to use appropriate disclaimers or at least waffle-words like "suggests" and "might lead you to believe"
black321

black321 Avatar

Location: An earth without maps
Gender: Male


Posted: Jun 22, 2021 - 2:36pm

 Steely_D wrote:


So many words. All of it boiling down to "doesn't it make you wonder..." which is a horrible platform to build your philosophies on.


What i got out of it was, politicians, fauci, medical professional leaders (e.g. various bureacrats) manipulated and often lied for various reasons, some good and some bad.
Initially they lied about masks to preserve PPE. It didnt take a genius to understand even in the beginning a mask was a good idea.
I don't recall any initial lies or manipulation around the lab v. nature argument, but once the GOP whackjobs starting using the lab theory as ammunition against Ghina, the freaks on the left would never admit it was lab based, purely for political reasons, and shut down the whole argument, without anything to back it up.  Gotta stick with your team!
All this does beg the question, as per the video, what also are they misleading us about? 
The above examples were all pretty obvious, so I dont think we need to think too hard to figure what else.  
Still, all this subterfuge, which eventually always gets out, makes the naive question the establishment, and adds to the antivaxx movement.
You get what you deserve. 
Manbird

Manbird Avatar

Location: Owl Creek Bridge
Gender: Male


Posted: Jun 22, 2021 - 2:12pm

 Lazy8 wrote:

Hmm. One of them colors her newsy information and stories with face palms, roll eyes, yeah rights and does little to couch her liberal fun time get-together hour as hard news and the other is a mechanical flat out lying disinformation machine who wants to present his propaganda as cold hard news - and wants to manipulate people who don't know better.  Has Maddow ever flat out lied? I'll bet she has but if you count the lies they both have told (in the manner that they counted Trump's lies over the years) there really is no comparison, IMHO.
Steely_D

Steely_D Avatar

Location: Biscayne Bay
Gender: Male


Posted: Jun 22, 2021 - 1:51pm

 Lazy8 wrote:
Back in the days when her Friday show ended with bar keeping ideas, I use to lurve Rachel. After a while it became obvious that she had an hour to fill, and would build things up to make that happen. Stopped watching her many years ago.



Steely_D

Steely_D Avatar

Location: Biscayne Bay
Gender: Male


Posted: Jun 22, 2021 - 1:49pm

 sirdroseph wrote:


So many words. All of it boiling down to "doesn't it make you wonder..." which is a horrible platform to build your philosophies on.
Lazy8

Lazy8 Avatar

Location: The Gallatin Valley of Montana
Gender: Male


Posted: Jun 22, 2021 - 1:11pm

What do Tucker Carlson and Rachel Maddow have in common?
sirdroseph

sirdroseph Avatar

Location: Not here, I tell you wat
Gender: Male


Posted: Jun 17, 2021 - 4:50am

sirdroseph

sirdroseph Avatar

Location: Not here, I tell you wat
Gender: Male


Posted: Jun 15, 2021 - 4:26am

sirdroseph

sirdroseph Avatar

Location: Not here, I tell you wat
Gender: Male


Posted: Jun 11, 2021 - 4:55am

Page: 1, 2, 3 ... 83, 84, 85  Next