- Lazy8 - Sep 26, 2021 - 9:34am
3 Words for Political Zealots
- kurtster - Sep 26, 2021 - 9:24am
Got a good recipe you care to share ???
- Ohmsen - Sep 26, 2021 - 9:20am
The Obituary Page
- KurtfromLaQuinta - Sep 26, 2021 - 9:13am
- Ohmsen - Sep 26, 2021 - 9:06am
Marijuana: Baked News.
- kurtster - Sep 26, 2021 - 9:04am
- ScottFromWyoming - Sep 26, 2021 - 9:03am
- KurtfromLaQuinta - Sep 26, 2021 - 9:01am
All Dogs Go To Heaven - Dog Pix
- oldviolin - Sep 26, 2021 - 8:45am
- kurtster - Sep 26, 2021 - 8:27am
Name My Band
- oldviolin - Sep 26, 2021 - 8:23am
• • • The Once-a-Day • • •
- oldviolin - Sep 26, 2021 - 8:20am
- oldviolin - Sep 26, 2021 - 8:11am
What The Hell Buddy?
- oldviolin - Sep 26, 2021 - 8:06am
Radio Paradise Comments
- miamizsun - Sep 26, 2021 - 7:48am
- Red_Dragon - Sep 26, 2021 - 6:05am
Stream breaking every few seconds
- bufes - Sep 25, 2021 - 11:51pm
- Steely_D - Sep 25, 2021 - 8:17pm
The Dragons' Roost
- Manbird - Sep 25, 2021 - 7:06pm
- islander - Sep 25, 2021 - 6:28pm
- Lazy8 - Sep 25, 2021 - 8:06am
Shuttle, ISS and other Real Space Ships
- Red_Dragon - Sep 25, 2021 - 7:40am
- R_P - Sep 24, 2021 - 9:35pm
- R_P - Sep 24, 2021 - 7:16pm
Gotta Get Your Drink On
- miamizsun - Sep 24, 2021 - 7:00pm
- R_P - Sep 24, 2021 - 6:49pm
Manbird's Episiotomy Stitch Licking Clinic - KEEP OUT
- oldviolin - Sep 24, 2021 - 7:31am
Counting with Pictures
- ScottN - Sep 24, 2021 - 6:25am
Your favorite tshirts
- Red_Dragon - Sep 24, 2021 - 5:48am
- oldviolin - Sep 23, 2021 - 7:42pm
- Red_Dragon - Sep 23, 2021 - 6:27pm
- Antigone - Sep 23, 2021 - 4:57pm
The Great Reset
- Ohmsen - Sep 23, 2021 - 2:17pm
Putin Owns Trump
- Ohmsen - Sep 23, 2021 - 2:09pm
Play the Blues
- black321 - Sep 23, 2021 - 1:03pm
Way Cool Video
- Ohmsen - Sep 23, 2021 - 12:51pm
A motivational quote
- black321 - Sep 23, 2021 - 12:13pm
- NoEnzLefttoSplit - Sep 23, 2021 - 11:05am
- oldviolin - Sep 23, 2021 - 9:27am
Photography Forum - Your Own Photos
- oldviolin - Sep 23, 2021 - 9:01am
- Red_Dragon - Sep 22, 2021 - 4:37pm
Think About It
- miamizsun - Sep 22, 2021 - 3:09pm
Google Assistant not streaming RP Main Mix
- temexter - Sep 22, 2021 - 3:08pm
Interesting or Weird Cover Versions
- miamizsun - Sep 22, 2021 - 2:07pm
Australia has Disappeared
- haresfur - Sep 22, 2021 - 2:05pm
- ScottFromWyoming - Sep 22, 2021 - 9:58am
- westslope - Sep 22, 2021 - 8:27am
Strange signs, marquees, billboards, etc.
- Proclivities - Sep 22, 2021 - 5:58am
Radio Paradise NFL Pick'em Group
- sunybuny - Sep 22, 2021 - 4:49am
- oppositelock - Sep 21, 2021 - 7:15pm
- oldviolin - Sep 21, 2021 - 1:58pm
If not RP, what are you listening to right now?
- rgio - Sep 21, 2021 - 12:50pm
The war on funk is over!
- Ohmsen - Sep 21, 2021 - 10:39am
Pernicious Pious Proclivities Particularized Prodigiously
- R_P - Sep 21, 2021 - 10:33am
- KurtfromLaQuinta - Sep 21, 2021 - 10:25am
BACK TO THE 80's
- Ohmsen - Sep 21, 2021 - 9:11am
Make Scott laugh
- Ohmsen - Sep 21, 2021 - 8:11am
International Day of Peace
- miamizsun - Sep 21, 2021 - 4:21am
Museum Of Bad Album Covers
- yuel - Sep 21, 2021 - 3:05am
Things You Thought Today
- haresfur - Sep 21, 2021 - 12:35am
What the hell OV?
- oldviolin - Sep 20, 2021 - 9:42pm
That's good advice
- oldviolin - Sep 20, 2021 - 8:49pm
- Red_Dragon - Sep 20, 2021 - 7:52pm
Hello from France
- westslope - Sep 20, 2021 - 6:45pm
Bug Reports & Feature Requests
- ScottFromWyoming - Sep 20, 2021 - 10:17am
What is the meaning of this?
- oldviolin - Sep 20, 2021 - 8:58am
Philosophy (Meaty Metaphysical Munchables!)
- sirdroseph - Sep 20, 2021 - 5:19am
The Future is here!
- sirdroseph - Sep 20, 2021 - 4:42am
Taxes, Taxes, Taxes (and Taxes)
- R_P - Sep 19, 2021 - 4:05pm
Crazy conspiracy theories
- Ohmsen - Sep 19, 2021 - 2:11pm
Photos you have taken of yourself
- Antigone - Sep 19, 2021 - 1:52pm
HALF A WORLD
- oldviolin - Sep 19, 2021 - 11:43am
- Ohmsen - Sep 19, 2021 - 11:37am
What are you doing RIGHT NOW?
- miamizsun - Sep 19, 2021 - 6:40am
-PUNS- Fast Food
- haresfur - Sep 18, 2021 - 11:03pm
Africa/Middle East »
Waking Up To Terror in Africa
Location: long beach cali USandA
Jun 2, 2009 - 10:17pm
Just saw a show about a new documentary ' Invisible Children'
about the continued horrors perpetrated on the people of Africa by Joseph Kony and the LRA. Children forced to kill and maim even members of their own family.
Well, there is a movement this month in Washington to try to do SOMETHING and at least make everyone aware.
It is truly heartbreaking, and a humanitarian necessity.
The website has details about the crisis, the movie and a lobbying event in Washington this month.
So tragic, that the last post on this thread was in 2004, and yet this is still going on...
This is the pending bi partisan legislation;
THE LRA DISARMAMENT AND
NORTHERN UGANDA RECOVERY ACT
Only weeks ago, U.S. Senators Russ Feingold (D-WI) and Sam Brownback (R-KS) and U.S. Representatives Jim McGovern (D-MA), Brad Miller (D-NC) and Ed Royce (R-CA) introduced legislation to help end the reign of terror conducted by the Lord’s Resistance Army (LRA) in northern Uganda and neighboring countries. This bill calls
“…to apprehend or otherwise remove Joseph Kony and his top commanders from the battlefield, and to disarm and demobilize Lord’s Resistance Army fighters.”
The bill not only sets a plan for ending the war but outlines the need for reconstruction and rehabilitation of the war affected regions. It is our goal at Lobby Days to see that we put our support behind this bill.
Here is a quote from Senator Feingold as he introduced the bill to the president:
“Mr. President, today I am pleased to introduce the Lord’s Resistance Army Disarmament and Northern Uganda Recovery Act of 2009, and I am pleased to do so with a great champion on this issue: Senator Sam Brownback. For many years, we have both sought to bring attention to the terror orchestrated by the Lord’s Resistance Army, the LRA, and the suffering of the people of northern Uganda. We have come a long way in just a few years, thanks especially to young Americans who have become increasingly aware of and outspoken about this horrific situation. Those efforts have yielded some success, but if we are now to finally see this conflict to its end, we need to commit to a proactive strategy to help end the threat posed by the LRA and support reconstruction, justice, and reconciliation in northern Uganda. This bill seeks to do just that.” ~ Russ Feingold
OUR POLICY AND WHAT WE ARE LOBBYING FOR
Joseph Kony’s brutal insurgency has outlasted four U.S. presidents and 11 straight sessions of Congress. It is now Africa’s longest-running war and it’s time for it to be over. By taking action now, U.S. policymakers can put a stop to the LRA’s atrocities across central Africa and help put northern Uganda and the surrounding region on track towards lasting peace. Here’s how:
- Stop Joseph Kony: Develop a comprehensive strategy for working with international partners to ensure LRA captives are rescued and rebel leaders are prevented from committing further atrocities
- Help the people he’s terrorized: Increase financial assistance to address the urgent needs of families forced to flee their homes by LRA attacks
- Commit to lasting peace: Make long-term recovery for communities affected by the violence a priority in the region
These three things, if done in conjunction with each other, can finally end the war that’s now affecting millions of people in four different countries. But history has shown us that our leaders won’t act on issues like this until there’s enough public pressure on them to do so. That’s where you come in. They have the power to help end this war, and you have the power to make them do it.
For more information, visit our resources section.
Location: Cape Town South Africa
Nov 21, 2004 - 10:28pm
Nov 21, 2004 - 10:34am