[ ]   [ ]   [ ]                        [ ]      [ ]   [ ]

Trump - kurtster - Jul 14, 2024 - 1:36pm
 
Pernicious Pious Proclivities Particularized Prodigiously - R_P - Jul 14, 2024 - 12:52pm
 
Name My Band - oldviolin - Jul 14, 2024 - 12:25pm
 
Things You Thought Today - black321 - Jul 14, 2024 - 11:32am
 
July 2024 Photo Theme - Summer - MrDill - Jul 14, 2024 - 11:31am
 
NY Times Strands - maryte - Jul 14, 2024 - 11:31am
 
NYTimes Connections - maryte - Jul 14, 2024 - 10:59am
 
Wordle - daily game - maryte - Jul 14, 2024 - 10:19am
 
Media Bias - Beaker - Jul 14, 2024 - 9:46am
 
what the hell, miamizsun? - oldviolin - Jul 14, 2024 - 7:51am
 
Today in History - Red_Dragon - Jul 14, 2024 - 7:47am
 
Radio Paradise Comments - miamizsun - Jul 14, 2024 - 7:19am
 
The Obituary Page - DaveInSaoMiguel - Jul 14, 2024 - 6:42am
 
What questions would you like to answer for the world? - kurtster - Jul 13, 2024 - 11:42pm
 
Musky Mythology - R_P - Jul 13, 2024 - 11:14pm
 
Please don't ban me, but: Taylor Swift... - Steely_D - Jul 13, 2024 - 10:52pm
 
Mixtape Culture Club - KurtfromLaQuinta - Jul 13, 2024 - 9:20pm
 
Joe Biden - kcar - Jul 13, 2024 - 4:36pm
 
AH! There's an elephant in the room! - Red_Dragon - Jul 13, 2024 - 3:42pm
 
Project 2025 - Red_Dragon - Jul 13, 2024 - 1:35pm
 
Outstanding Covers - DaveInSaoMiguel - Jul 13, 2024 - 12:49pm
 
Israel - R_P - Jul 13, 2024 - 11:01am
 
2024 Elections! - Steely_D - Jul 13, 2024 - 10:45am
 
Evolution! - R_P - Jul 13, 2024 - 10:34am
 
Climate Change - R_P - Jul 13, 2024 - 10:28am
 
Eclectic Sound-Drops - oldviolin - Jul 13, 2024 - 10:23am
 
Song of the Day - oldviolin - Jul 13, 2024 - 10:09am
 
• • • The Once-a-Day • • •  - oldviolin - Jul 13, 2024 - 10:04am
 
What the hell OV? - oldviolin - Jul 13, 2024 - 10:03am
 
Europe - thisbody - Jul 12, 2024 - 11:35pm
 
Vinyl Only Spin List - kurtster - Jul 12, 2024 - 9:59pm
 
RP on Mac Just Stopped Working - tourtelot - Jul 12, 2024 - 9:35pm
 
Are they married yet? YES THEY ARE! - Manbird - Jul 12, 2024 - 2:51pm
 
Tech & Science - Manbird - Jul 12, 2024 - 2:46pm
 
Classic TV Curiosities - Proclivities - Jul 12, 2024 - 12:50pm
 
Bug Reports & Feature Requests - simonchutchings - Jul 12, 2024 - 11:24am
 
Ukraine - R_P - Jul 12, 2024 - 10:48am
 
New Music - R_P - Jul 12, 2024 - 10:23am
 
USA! USA! USA! - R_P - Jul 12, 2024 - 9:35am
 
Florida - miamizsun - Jul 12, 2024 - 7:05am
 
Regarding Birds - Jiggz - Jul 12, 2024 - 1:41am
 
Strange signs, marquees, billboards, etc. - thisbody - Jul 11, 2024 - 10:36pm
 
Guns - Red_Dragon - Jul 11, 2024 - 3:44pm
 
Gotta Get Your Drink On - Antigone - Jul 11, 2024 - 2:36pm
 
Photography Forum - Your Own Photos - KurtfromLaQuinta - Jul 11, 2024 - 2:05pm
 
Record Store Day - Proclivities - Jul 11, 2024 - 8:18am
 
Rhetorical questions - Coaxial - Jul 11, 2024 - 7:03am
 
What makes you smile? - Steely_D - Jul 11, 2024 - 5:12am
 
Derplahoma! - sunybuny - Jul 11, 2024 - 4:39am
 
Russia - thisbody - Jul 11, 2024 - 3:11am
 
France - thisbody - Jul 11, 2024 - 3:04am
 
Britain - thisbody - Jul 10, 2024 - 11:36pm
 
Good Idea / Bad Idea - ScottFromWyoming - Jul 10, 2024 - 4:39pm
 
How's the weather? - KurtfromLaQuinta - Jul 10, 2024 - 4:35pm
 
China - Red_Dragon - Jul 10, 2024 - 4:28pm
 
RP Daily Trivia Challenge - ScottFromWyoming - Jul 10, 2024 - 2:56pm
 
SCOTUS - Red_Dragon - Jul 10, 2024 - 2:20pm
 
Twitter and democracy - R_P - Jul 10, 2024 - 8:40am
 
Baseball, anyone? - Bill_J - Jul 9, 2024 - 8:58pm
 
The Truth About (Modern) Popular Music - ScottFromWyoming - Jul 9, 2024 - 8:51pm
 
Is RP stuck in a loop? - thisbody - Jul 9, 2024 - 3:51pm
 
COVID-19 - oldviolin - Jul 9, 2024 - 2:18pm
 
Favorite Quotes - oldviolin - Jul 9, 2024 - 2:11pm
 
The Sound of Falling Water - KurtfromLaQuinta - Jul 9, 2024 - 2:04pm
 
Spambags on RP - GeneP59 - Jul 9, 2024 - 1:37pm
 
RP is stuck in repetitive loop of songs! WTH? - thisbody - Jul 9, 2024 - 1:29pm
 
Make Scott laugh - thisbody - Jul 9, 2024 - 11:33am
 
RightWingNutZ - R_P - Jul 9, 2024 - 11:09am
 
The Day the Sausage Died - thisbody - Jul 9, 2024 - 10:43am
 
Philosophy (Meaty Metaphysical Munchables!) - thisbody - Jul 9, 2024 - 10:41am
 
Best Funk ? - thisbody - Jul 9, 2024 - 10:22am
 
Get the Quote - thisbody - Jul 9, 2024 - 10:19am
 
Internet connection - thisbody - Jul 9, 2024 - 9:59am
 
Nature's Creatures - thisbody - Jul 9, 2024 - 9:13am
 
If not RP, what are you listening to right now? - david8 - Jul 9, 2024 - 7:30am
 
Index » Internet/Computer » Streaming/Media » Chromecast support please! Page: 1, 2, 3  Next
Post to this Topic
jarro

jarro Avatar

Location: #hcmcz
Gender: Male


Posted: Feb 21, 2023 - 6:07am

 billee561 wrote:

Hi,

When streaming to chromecast audio dongle on windows 11,  the stream stops each time the station announcements come on.
Having to manually press play again each time.
This does not occur with the android app.
Any thoughts would be helpful.

Great station, always has been!


I haven't casted a browser tab in awhile.   
Took it for a spin and it didn't go very well.  My audio was very garbled.
No reason it shouldn't work though.   

But there is a big difference between the two strategies.
When using the Android app,  the cast dongle runs everything locally.   ie  you can turn off your phone and it will keep going.
While when casting a tab,  your sending a video/audio stream to the dongle.   
Regarding the stopping,  
Had a few complaints about that recently.
That might be related to a new browser sleep feature for "inactive" tabs.
Will look into it.   




billee561

billee561 Avatar

Location: Belgium


Posted: Feb 21, 2023 - 5:39am

Hi,

When streaming to chromecast audio dongle on windows 11,  the stream stops each time the station announcements come on.
Having to manually press play again each time.
This does not occur with the android app.
Any thoughts would be helpful.

Great station, always has been!
jarro

jarro Avatar

Location: #hcmcz
Gender: Male


Posted: Feb 17, 2023 - 6:18pm

 stupid-ferry wrote:



Hey - RP and Chromecast on Android is having problems - several phones, latest APP and OS. Symptoms: once you get a stream playing, go to cast, stream stops and app gets stuck - can't change channels, go to cache, forward, play - just stops working until the app is forced to stop via settings/apps/

Have noticed a few people having issues with Chromecast so far haven't been able to reproduce that.  
The main thing at the moment that can help with the app freezing on some models is to disable any battery optimization.

Most commonly 
phone settings -> app -> rp -> battery -> unrestricted.

But setting keeps moving across models and Android versions.
stupid-ferry

stupid-ferry Avatar

Location: Kauai
Gender: Male


Posted: Feb 17, 2023 - 3:41pm

 icculus wrote:

I actually just added a note about how I do this to the FLAC thread. Check out this project (castnow) and start streaming any URL to your Chromecast right from the command line. Once you tell the Chromecast what to stream you can turn off your computer. No browser tabs to keep open. It just works.

https://github.com/xat/castnow
$ castnow http://stream.radioparadise.com/aac-320

That's all there is to it.


 

 





Hey - RP and Chromecast on Android is having problems - several phones, latest APP and OS. Symptoms: once you get a stream playing, go to cast, stream stops and app gets stuck - can't change channels, go to cache, forward, play - just stops working until the app is forced to stop via settings/apps/
icculus

icculus Avatar

Location: Ann Arbor, Michigan


Posted: Oct 7, 2019 - 2:41pm

I actually just added a note about how I do this to the FLAC thread. Check out this project (castnow) and start streaming any URL to your Chromecast right from the command line. Once you tell the Chromecast what to stream you can turn off your computer. No browser tabs to keep open. It just works.

https://github.com/xat/castnow
$ castnow http://stream.radioparadise.com/aac-320

That's all there is to it.


 BillG wrote:


 Jota wrote:
Hi,
 
Will Chromecast support be added to the iPad app?  If not, what other option do I have to use the Radio Paradise iPad app and stream the music to my RME ADI2 DAC?  I can Airplay music to my amplifier but would rather it goes via my DAC.  The Chromecast setup works from the Google Home app, but that's no use for the RP app.
 
Thanks.
 

Adding Chromecast support to iOS apps is not at all easy. It's nothing at all like supporting Airplay2. We'll be adding Chromecast support to our new Android app (currently in Beta, you can sign up for that in the Play Store), but iOS support isn't currently in the works.
 


William

William Avatar

Location: Eureka!
Gender: Male


Posted: Oct 6, 2019 - 3:53pm



 Jota wrote:
Hi,
 
Will Chromecast support be added to the iPad app?  If not, what other option do I have to use the Radio Paradise iPad app and stream the music to my RME ADI2 DAC?  I can Airplay music to my amplifier but would rather it goes via my DAC.  The Chromecast setup works from the Google Home app, but that's no use for the RP app.
 
Thanks.
 

Adding Chromecast support to iOS apps is not at all easy. It's nothing at all like supporting Airplay2. We'll be adding Chromecast support to our new Android app (currently in Beta, you can sign up for that in the Play Store), but iOS support isn't currently in the works.
Jota

Jota Avatar

Location: Scotland


Posted: Oct 6, 2019 - 11:22am

Hi,
 
Will Chromecast support be added to the iPad app?  If not, what other option do I have to use the Radio Paradise iPad app and stream the music to my RME ADI2 DAC?  I can Airplay music to my amplifier but would rather it goes via my DAC.  The Chromecast setup works from the Google Home app, but that's no use for the RP app.
 
Thanks.
jarro

jarro Avatar

Location: #hcmcz
Gender: Male


Posted: Aug 15, 2019 - 2:42pm

In the past usually required power-cycling  something,  probably router.   Another thing that can mess it up is if the phones clock time is out of sync.

 Mardler wrote:
I am running that already.

Until today the app had a cast icon: now, on two phones, it has gone.

 Mardler wrote:
I could have sworn that I had seen the cast icon on the Android app (not iOS) but perhaps not.

Any idea when the full Chromecast Audio support will be available?

TIA

Richard in Norfolk, UK

PS: only checked because of the big TuneIn Radio outage today.



 jarro wrote:
Should be available to everyone in the play store,   if for some reason you can't access it.    It is available to be sideloaded.

https://radioparadise.com/listen/android/downloads

Via the test version.



 philomath wrote:

Can we try out the beta? I didn't see an open beta link in the Play Store.
Thanks,
David


 


 


 


Mardler

Mardler Avatar

Location: Norfolk, UK
Gender: Male


Posted: Aug 15, 2019 - 8:26am

I am running that already.

Until today the app had a cast icon: now, on two phones, it has gone.

 Mardler wrote:
I could have sworn that I had seen the cast icon on the Android app (not iOS) but perhaps not.

Any idea when the full Chromecast Audio support will be available?

TIA

Richard in Norfolk, UK

PS: only checked because of the big TuneIn Radio outage today.



 jarro wrote:
Should be available to everyone in the play store,   if for some reason you can't access it.    It is available to be sideloaded.

https://radioparadise.com/listen/android/downloads

Via the test version.



 philomath wrote:

Can we try out the beta? I didn't see an open beta link in the Play Store.
Thanks,
David


 


 


Mardler

Mardler Avatar

Location: Norfolk, UK
Gender: Male


Posted: Aug 15, 2019 - 5:03am

I could have sworn that I had seen the cast icon on the Android app (not iOS) but perhaps not.

Any idea when the full Chromecast Audio support will be available?

TIA

Richard in Norfolk, UK

PS: only checked because of the big TuneIn Radio outage today.



 jarro wrote:
Should be available to everyone in the play store,   if for some reason you can't access it.    It is available to be sideloaded.

https://radioparadise.com/listen/android/downloads

Via the test version.



 philomath wrote:

Can we try out the beta? I didn't see an open beta link in the Play Store.
Thanks,
David


 


jarro

jarro Avatar

Location: #hcmcz
Gender: Male


Posted: Jul 2, 2019 - 12:00pm

Should be available to everyone in the play store,   if for some reason you can't access it.    It is available to be sideloaded.

https://radioparadise.com/listen/android/downloads

Via the test version.



 philomath wrote:

Can we try out the beta? I didn't see an open beta link in the Play Store.
Thanks,
David


philomath



Posted: Jul 2, 2019 - 5:20am


Can we try out the beta? I didn't see an open beta link in the Play Store.
Thanks,
David

 jarro wrote:

Currently updating the Andrdoid app to support the new player features.  Chromecast support will be part of this release,  looking forward to getting casting polished and out of beta.


 TonyApuzzo wrote:
Chromecast sort-of works for me, but it is very flaky.
 
The symptom I have is that it works for a few songs, and then there will be a station announcement and after that no new music is played.  If I manually re-cast, then it may work or what happens more frequently is that it will re-play the last half or so of the most recent song and then the station announcement will play and it will stop again.
 
Also, it will frequently not work at all when I cast.  Instead of playing anything, it will connect to the Chromecast but show "No Media Selected" in the cast window and nothing plays at all.  I can hit "Stop Casting" and re-try but once this starts happening it will never work again until I cast with another app and then go back to RP in which case it might work or might not.
 
This has been happening for months with the beta app for me.  I've sent numerous comments to the developer using the beta feedback on the Google Play store, but no apparent progress has been made on this issue.
 
Am I just unlucky or do other people have this same problem?

NOTE: This is when casting to Chromecast Audio.  When I use Chromecast Video, it does seem to work better, but still never as reliably as when using the Roku app for example which will play for days without interruption.
 
NOTE2: I used to use the Tunein Radio app which has Radio Paradise and used to cast to Chromecast Audio reliably, but recently it has also been super flakey, so I've gone back to trying to play using the RP Android App.
 
NOTE3: I don't think it is my network since I can stream 4K video plus multiple 1080p simultanously without hiccups on my connection.



 


 


jarro

jarro Avatar

Location: #hcmcz
Gender: Male


Posted: Nov 28, 2018 - 1:34pm


Currently updating the Andrdoid app to support the new player features.  Chromecast support will be part of this release,  looking forward to getting casting polished and out of beta.


 TonyApuzzo wrote:
Chromecast sort-of works for me, but it is very flaky.
 
The symptom I have is that it works for a few songs, and then there will be a station announcement and after that no new music is played.  If I manually re-cast, then it may work or what happens more frequently is that it will re-play the last half or so of the most recent song and then the station announcement will play and it will stop again.
 
Also, it will frequently not work at all when I cast.  Instead of playing anything, it will connect to the Chromecast but show "No Media Selected" in the cast window and nothing plays at all.  I can hit "Stop Casting" and re-try but once this starts happening it will never work again until I cast with another app and then go back to RP in which case it might work or might not.
 
This has been happening for months with the beta app for me.  I've sent numerous comments to the developer using the beta feedback on the Google Play store, but no apparent progress has been made on this issue.
 
Am I just unlucky or do other people have this same problem?

NOTE: This is when casting to Chromecast Audio.  When I use Chromecast Video, it does seem to work better, but still never as reliably as when using the Roku app for example which will play for days without interruption.
 
NOTE2: I used to use the Tunein Radio app which has Radio Paradise and used to cast to Chromecast Audio reliably, but recently it has also been super flakey, so I've gone back to trying to play using the RP Android App.
 
NOTE3: I don't think it is my network since I can stream 4K video plus multiple 1080p simultanously without hiccups on my connection.



 


TonyApuzzo

TonyApuzzo Avatar

Location: Boulder, CO


Posted: Nov 27, 2018 - 10:14am

Chromecast sort-of works for me, but it is very flaky.
 
The symptom I have is that it works for a few songs, and then there will be a station announcement and after that no new music is played.  If I manually re-cast, then it may work or what happens more frequently is that it will re-play the last half or so of the most recent song and then the station announcement will play and it will stop again.
 
Also, it will frequently not work at all when I cast.  Instead of playing anything, it will connect to the Chromecast but show "No Media Selected" in the cast window and nothing plays at all.  I can hit "Stop Casting" and re-try but once this starts happening it will never work again until I cast with another app and then go back to RP in which case it might work or might not.
 
This has been happening for months with the beta app for me.  I've sent numerous comments to the developer using the beta feedback on the Google Play store, but no apparent progress has been made on this issue.
 
Am I just unlucky or do other people have this same problem?

NOTE: This is when casting to Chromecast Audio.  When I use Chromecast Video, it does seem to work better, but still never as reliably as when using the Roku app for example which will play for days without interruption.
 
NOTE2: I used to use the Tunein Radio app which has Radio Paradise and used to cast to Chromecast Audio reliably, but recently it has also been super flakey, so I've gone back to trying to play using the RP Android App.
 
NOTE3: I don't think it is my network since I can stream 4K video plus multiple 1080p simultanously without hiccups on my connection.



jarro

jarro Avatar

Location: #hcmcz
Gender: Male


Posted: Nov 11, 2018 - 12:17pm



It's an open beta.   The button to join is near the bottom of the RP page in the play store app.
Can take up to an hour for the update to be available after joining.



 Richman wrote:
 SummitPlot wrote:
I have installed the beta player on my Android phone. Chromecasting works just fine but none of the tabs - song info, comments or lyrics - updates. They're all stuck on something from way back. Am I missing something? (I'm based in the UK, in case it's a regional thing.)

 
Hi, have you access to the beta app?
I’m based in the East Midlands in England, UK. Happy to contribute to beta testing.
 


Richman

Richman Avatar

Location: Nottingham, UK
Gender: Male


Posted: Nov 11, 2018 - 4:05am

 SummitPlot wrote:
I have installed the beta player on my Android phone. Chromecasting works just fine but none of the tabs - song info, comments or lyrics - updates. They're all stuck on something from way back. Am I missing something? (I'm based in the UK, in case it's a regional thing.)

 
Hi, have you access to the beta app?
I’m based in the East Midlands in England, UK. Happy to contribute to beta testing.
Richman

Richman Avatar

Location: Nottingham, UK
Gender: Male


Posted: Nov 11, 2018 - 4:02am

Hi folks,  I'm running the RP app on my TV, via Google's Home app. 

The approach is to cast the screen of your device onto your TV.

Here's the link to the Google Support page for anyone who'd rather steer clear of 3rd party app, while Bill and Rebecca work on Chromecast support for the RP app:

https://support.google.com/chromecast/answer/6059461?hl=en-GB

{#Music}
SummitPlot

SummitPlot Avatar



Posted: Oct 31, 2018 - 8:09am

I have installed the beta player on my Android phone. Chromecasting works just fine but none of the tabs - song info, comments or lyrics - updates. They're all stuck on something from way back. Am I missing something? (I'm based in the UK, in case it's a regional thing.)
deremmo4050

deremmo4050 Avatar



Posted: Sep 30, 2018 - 2:00am

I have a Teufel Raumfeld for casting to my stereo, works fine. No skipping songs though.
jarro

jarro Avatar

Location: #hcmcz
Gender: Male


Posted: Jul 15, 2018 - 12:53am

It's still in beta,  but  you can install the beta via the play store now.   The button to join is near the bottom of the RP page in the play store app.
Can take up to an hour for the update to be available after joining.

 mumpi wrote:
Still nothing? Any updates?
This is work in progress since 4 years now!!!
Love RP but please, share some love with us Cromecasters too.

 



Page: 1, 2, 3  Next