[ ]   [ ]   [ ]                        [ ]      [ ]   [ ]

Portishead S. O. S. - ScottFromWyoming - Aug 7, 2022 - 10:10pm
 
Things that make you happy - ScottFromWyoming - Aug 7, 2022 - 10:07pm
 
Wordle - daily game - NoEnzLefttoSplit - Aug 7, 2022 - 9:55pm
 
Environment - Red_Dragon - Aug 7, 2022 - 6:51pm
 
Things You Thought Today - Steely_D - Aug 7, 2022 - 6:24pm
 
Trump - haresfur - Aug 7, 2022 - 6:07pm
 
Automotive Lust - R_P - Aug 7, 2022 - 1:48pm
 
Today in History - Red_Dragon - Aug 7, 2022 - 1:11pm
 
Ukraine - R_P - Aug 7, 2022 - 12:09pm
 
Ridiculous or Funny Spam - Steely_D - Aug 7, 2022 - 10:47am
 
• • • BRING OUT YOUR DEAD • • •  - oldviolin - Aug 7, 2022 - 10:18am
 
What is the meaning of this? - oldviolin - Aug 7, 2022 - 10:13am
 
China - haresfur - Aug 7, 2022 - 9:00am
 
Joe Biden - Red_Dragon - Aug 7, 2022 - 7:29am
 
RightWingNutZ - Steely_D - Aug 6, 2022 - 5:06pm
 
Tech & Science - Red_Dragon - Aug 6, 2022 - 3:17pm
 
Name My Band - Manbird - Aug 6, 2022 - 2:41pm
 
Radio Paradise Comments - miamizsun - Aug 6, 2022 - 12:49pm
 
Upcoming concerts or shows you can't wait to see - ScottFromWyoming - Aug 6, 2022 - 9:27am
 
The Abortion Wars - black321 - Aug 6, 2022 - 8:39am
 
Counting with Pictures - ScottN - Aug 6, 2022 - 4:34am
 
YouTube: Music-Videos - Steely_D - Aug 5, 2022 - 9:38pm
 
Pernicious Pious Proclivities Particularized Prodigiously - BlueHeronDruid - Aug 5, 2022 - 8:37pm
 
• • • The Once-a-Day • • •  - ScottFromWyoming - Aug 5, 2022 - 4:44pm
 
Live Music - oldviolin - Aug 5, 2022 - 12:58pm
 
Guns - Red_Dragon - Aug 5, 2022 - 10:09am
 
Least Successful Phishing Scams - geoff_morphini - Aug 5, 2022 - 9:19am
 
Baseball, anyone? - ScottFromWyoming - Aug 5, 2022 - 8:23am
 
Graphs, Charts & Maps - miamizsun - Aug 5, 2022 - 7:09am
 
Favorite Flags - Proclivities - Aug 5, 2022 - 6:33am
 
Talk Behind Their Backs Forum - VV - Aug 5, 2022 - 6:25am
 
Afghanistan - Red_Dragon - Aug 5, 2022 - 5:29am
 
What the hell OV? - oldviolin - Aug 4, 2022 - 7:34pm
 
The Obituary Page - haresfur - Aug 4, 2022 - 3:16pm
 
What are you listening to now? - westslope - Aug 4, 2022 - 3:00pm
 
New Music - KurtfromLaQuinta - Aug 4, 2022 - 2:01pm
 
Art Show - Proclivities - Aug 4, 2022 - 11:48am
 
Breaking News - westslope - Aug 3, 2022 - 5:06pm
 
Saudi Arabia - westslope - Aug 3, 2022 - 4:45pm
 
Congress - Red_Dragon - Aug 3, 2022 - 2:19pm
 
Climate Change - R_P - Aug 3, 2022 - 2:00pm
 
Message To Lucky - black321 - Aug 3, 2022 - 12:03pm
 
Is there any DOG news out there? - miamizsun - Aug 3, 2022 - 11:40am
 
Vinyl Only Spin List - sirdroseph - Aug 3, 2022 - 10:39am
 
Manbird's Episiotomy Stitch Licking Clinic - KEEP OUT - geoff_morphini - Aug 3, 2022 - 9:08am
 
Infinite cat - Red_Dragon - Aug 3, 2022 - 7:36am
 
Flower Pictures - haresfur - Aug 3, 2022 - 7:13am
 
Republican Party - Red_Dragon - Aug 2, 2022 - 8:19pm
 
It's the economy stupid. - Red_Dragon - Aug 2, 2022 - 6:52pm
 
COVID-19 - R_P - Aug 2, 2022 - 1:58pm
 
Favorite Beauty Products - Tried and Tested! - Proclivities - Aug 2, 2022 - 10:58am
 
Favorite Quotes - ptooey - Aug 2, 2022 - 10:21am
 
Radio Paradise NFL Pick'em Group - miamizsun - Aug 2, 2022 - 9:15am
 
Local Scenery - rgio - Aug 2, 2022 - 5:20am
 
Health Care - R_P - Aug 1, 2022 - 11:10am
 
What Makes You Laugh? - GeneP59 - Aug 1, 2022 - 5:14am
 
Nuclear power - saviour or scourge? - NoEnzLefttoSplit - Jul 31, 2022 - 9:46pm
 
ATTN: Kate Bush Fans! - Steely_D - Jul 31, 2022 - 8:34pm
 
Australia has Disappeared - Proclivities - Jul 31, 2022 - 4:26am
 
You might be getting old if...... - Manbird - Jul 30, 2022 - 6:26pm
 
Mixtape Culture Club - Steely_D - Jul 30, 2022 - 10:07am
 
Mr Peabody's Coal Train Broke - oldviolin - Jul 29, 2022 - 6:21pm
 
What Did You Do Today? - Antigone - Jul 29, 2022 - 5:01pm
 
260,000 Posts in one thread? - Isabeau - Jul 29, 2022 - 4:43pm
 
Seattle Q&A - Manbird - Jul 29, 2022 - 1:31pm
 
Russia - Steely_D - Jul 29, 2022 - 9:33am
 
what the hell, miamizsun? - GeneP59 - Jul 29, 2022 - 9:08am
 
Country Up The Bumpkin - oldviolin - Jul 28, 2022 - 7:41pm
 
International broadcasting - jp33442 - Jul 28, 2022 - 5:13pm
 
American Revolution - oldviolin - Jul 28, 2022 - 2:56pm
 
Things Forgotten. - Steely_D - Jul 28, 2022 - 1:30pm
 
David Gray in concert - oldviolin - Jul 28, 2022 - 11:20am
 
Dialing 1-800-Manbird - Manbird - Jul 28, 2022 - 10:40am
 
hallucinogenic drugs - kurtster - Jul 27, 2022 - 8:10pm
 
Bike! - miamizsun - Jul 27, 2022 - 3:48pm
 
Index » Radio Paradise/General » About RP » FLAC Streaming Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Post to this Topic
kurtster

kurtster Avatar

Location: where fear is not a virtue
Gender: Male


Posted: Apr 22, 2019 - 8:15am

 BillG wrote:


 kurtster wrote:

Sounds nice and clean.  Sending it to the big rig in the living room via optical from the XP puter.  Awesome !
 

XP, eh?  A serious old-school thang... :-)

 
Heh, yeah.  All my programs are old but they still do everything I need them to do and I have hard copies of the programs.  It stays off line, except for playing streams.  I'm seriously considering looking for a rebuilt backup motherboard. Its got an i5 Pentium 4 in it. I have already accumulated a couple of extra soundcards.  Oh and I simply love the DT 1770 headphones.  Thanks for mentioning them.  A serious game changer.

Curious why you are using VBR vs CBR ?  Could the VBR be causing the processors to work too hard to adapt to the changes and causing some of these stuttering problems with the huge size of the flac files ?
BillG

BillG Avatar

Location: Left Coast
Gender: Male


Posted: Apr 22, 2019 - 7:56am



 kurtster wrote:

Sounds nice and clean.  Sending it to the big rig in the living room via optical from the XP puter.  Awesome !


 

XP, eh?  A serious old-school thang... :-)
kurtster

kurtster Avatar

Location: where fear is not a virtue
Gender: Male


Posted: Apr 22, 2019 - 7:14am

 BillG wrote:
Thanks, Kurt :-)

Yes, I found the same stuttering error on the server this morning. Still investigating.

Reset everything and will be keeping an eye on it.

 
Sounds nice and clean.  Sending it to the big rig in the living room via optical from the XP puter.  Awesome !


BillG

BillG Avatar

Location: Left Coast
Gender: Male


Posted: Apr 22, 2019 - 6:47am



 kurtster wrote:
Ok, I'm onboard.  Using Foobar (v1.2.8) on my XP music puter and VLC on my Windows 7 Internet puter.  The sound and stuttering is the same, although on the Foobar / XP rig I also seem to be hearing some slight volume changes as well during the stuttering.  Perhaps the XP has better sound and is more sensitive.  Sounds great though in between the stuttering.

my ISP is Spectrum with 100 mbs

I'm seeing a VBR averaging around between 950 to 1100 kbs @ 44100 Hz on the display when it stutters (INXS - Suicide Blonde).  It gets even lower when the stream is steady averaging 700 to 950 or perhaps it is due to the content.  This was during Gotye - Heart's A Mess.  IABD - White Bird is back to the 900 to 1100 range.

The volume shifts seems to be gone now that Foobar has been running for about 45 minutes now.  Perhaps the puter and whatnot were just getting settled in.  The volume is constant from track to track. Big Mama Thornton was awesome and I just heard some volume issues with Tommy James.  Back to nice with Belly.  HTH.

The metadata thing sucks for your purposes.  I got over it long ago working with wav files.  The sound was more important to me than the metadata.  I guess for now, keeping the web page up in some form to stay informed is the only way to go.  OTOH, it's like we are back in the old days when things musical moved from AM to FM and the sound was more important than all the signal / equipment drawbacks of FM in those days.  Steely Dan - FM with static or no static at all ?  
{#Lol}


You are still a true pioneer in all that you are doing.  What a ride it has been since the beginning of RP.  Live long and prosper, brah !
 

Thanks, Kurt :-)

Yes, I found the same stuttering error on the server this morning. Still investigating.

Reset everything and will be keeping an eye on it.
kurtster

kurtster Avatar

Location: where fear is not a virtue
Gender: Male


Posted: Apr 22, 2019 - 6:23am

Ok, I'm onboard.  Using Foobar (v1.2.8) on my XP music puter and VLC on my Windows 7 Internet puter.  The sound and stuttering is the same, although on the Foobar / XP rig I also seem to be hearing some slight volume changes as well during the stuttering.  Perhaps the XP has better sound and is more sensitive.  Sounds great though in between the stuttering.

my ISP is Spectrum with 100 mbs

I'm seeing a VBR averaging around between 950 to 1100 kbs @ 44100 Hz on the display when it stutters (INXS - Suicide Blonde).  It gets even lower when the stream is steady averaging 700 to 950 or perhaps it is due to the content.  This was during Gotye - Heart's A Mess.  IABD - White Bird is back to the 900 to 1100 range.

The volume shifts seems to be gone now that Foobar has been running for about 45 minutes now.  Perhaps the puter and whatnot were just getting settled in.  The volume is constant from track to track. Big Mama Thornton was awesome and I just heard some volume issues with Tommy James.  Back to nice with Belly.  HTH.

The metadata thing sucks for your purposes.  I got over it long ago working with wav files.  The sound was more important to me than the metadata.  I guess for now, keeping the web page up in some form to stay informed is the only way to go.  OTOH, it's like we are back in the old days when things musical moved from AM to FM and the sound was more important than all the signal / equipment drawbacks of FM in those days.  Steely Dan - FM with static or no static at all ?  {#Lol}

You are still a true pioneer in all that you are doing.  What a ride it has been since the beginning of RP.  Live long and prosper, brah !
left_channel

left_channel Avatar



Posted: Apr 21, 2019 - 9:54pm

Yes, I and everyone else reporting the speed issue also get stuttering. Glad to hear this may be the issue you're working on. Good luck!

 BillG wrote:


 left_channel wrote:
Your apps are fantastic and I'm a proud supporter. Just trying this test stream to help out. I have listened to a FLAC stream in MusicBee before with no problem (a EuropaRadioJazz channel that is no longer online), so it seems significant I'm hearing so many problems in this one now. Also dropouts and disconnects in VLC. If it was only LMS I wouldn't be surprised and we'd be handling it entirely on the LMS forum.
 
Got it.  The test stream seems pretty stable at the moment. I think I may have isolated the cause of the stuttering & dropouts. I'll play with it some more tomorrow. 

The wrong-speed (sample rate error) issue is something I haven't encountered using VLC (the only player I've used so far) — though sometimes the stuttering causes something similar. If you're talking about a sample-rate issue only — ie playback is smooth, but just sounds too fast or slow — then I definitely want to hear more. If it's a stuttering + speed error, then it's probably the known issue I'm working on.

I appreciate the feedback.

 


BillG

BillG Avatar

Location: Left Coast
Gender: Male


Posted: Apr 21, 2019 - 9:37pm



 left_channel wrote:
Your apps are fantastic and I'm a proud supporter. Just trying this test stream to help out. I have listened to a FLAC stream in MusicBee before with no problem (a EuropaRadioJazz channel that is no longer online), so it seems significant I'm hearing so many problems in this one now. Also dropouts and disconnects in VLC. If it was only LMS I wouldn't be surprised and we'd be handling it entirely on the LMS forum.
 
Got it.  The test stream seems pretty stable at the moment. I think I may have isolated the cause of the stuttering & dropouts. I'll play with it some more tomorrow. 

The wrong-speed (sample rate error) issue is something I haven't encountered using VLC (the only player I've used so far) — though sometimes the stuttering causes something similar. If you're talking about a sample-rate issue only — ie playback is smooth, but just sounds too fast or slow — then I definitely want to hear more. If it's a stuttering + speed error, then it's probably the known issue I'm working on.

I appreciate the feedback.

left_channel

left_channel Avatar



Posted: Apr 21, 2019 - 8:30pm

Your apps are fantastic and I'm a proud supporter. Just trying this test stream to help out. I have listened to a FLAC stream in MusicBee before with no problem (a EuropaRadioJazz channel that is no longer online), so it seems significant I'm hearing so many problems in this one now. Also dropouts and disconnects in VLC. If it was only LMS I wouldn't be surprised and we'd be handling it entirely on the LMS forum.

BillG wrote:


 left_channel wrote:

Thanks but the speed error also happens with the test url in MusicBee.  MusicBee is more of a normal player, and free like VLC. I just tested VLC here too, and it was better with no speed or stuttering problems at first, but it dropped out and stopped playing about 4 minutes in.

I know LMS is its own world, but for the record I'm listening to the test url through the normal internet radio feature (not the the plugin/app), and getting the same speed and stuttering issues.

Hope this is helpful. Broadband connection, wired gigabit network, players on Windows 10, and the 320 kbps stream works great.


 BillG wrote:

FLAC via LMS & the test FLAC url (in VLC or whatever) are two very different things. 

"Wrong speed" errors are due to a sample rate mismatch. I'm not familiar enough with the LMS implementation to offer any suggestions — the LMS forum is a better bet — but it's not happening at our end.

On the test URL, we've had a number of problems the last few days. I'm monitoring a possible fix. Currently working nicely.
 


 

Pretty much has to be a player issue. FLAC streaming is still a pretty iffy thing. Our web player & apps are really solid, but they're not actually stream players. 
 


BillG

BillG Avatar

Location: Left Coast
Gender: Male


Posted: Apr 21, 2019 - 2:40pm



 left_channel wrote:

Thanks but the speed error also happens with the test url in MusicBee.  MusicBee is more of a normal player, and free like VLC. I just tested VLC here too, and it was better with no speed or stuttering problems at first, but it dropped out and stopped playing about 4 minutes in.

I know LMS is its own world, but for the record I'm listening to the test url through the normal internet radio feature (not the the plugin/app), and getting the same speed and stuttering issues.

Hope this is helpful. Broadband connection, wired gigabit network, players on Windows 10, and the 320 kbps stream works great.


 BillG wrote:

FLAC via LMS & the test FLAC url (in VLC or whatever) are two very different things. 

"Wrong speed" errors are due to a sample rate mismatch. I'm not familiar enough with the LMS implementation to offer any suggestions — the LMS forum is a better bet — but it's not happening at our end.

On the test URL, we've had a number of problems the last few days. I'm monitoring a possible fix. Currently working nicely.
 


 

Pretty much has to be a player issue. FLAC streaming is still a pretty iffy thing. Our web player & apps are really solid, but they're not actually stream players. 
left_channel

left_channel Avatar



Posted: Apr 21, 2019 - 12:44pm


Thanks but the speed error also happens with the test url in MusicBee.  MusicBee is more of a normal player, and free like VLC. I just tested VLC here too, and it was better with no speed or stuttering problems at first, but it dropped out and stopped playing about 4 minutes in.

I know LMS is its own world, but for the record I'm listening to the test url through the normal internet radio feature (not the the plugin/app), and getting the same speed and stuttering issues.

Hope this is helpful. Broadband connection, wired gigabit network, players on Windows 10, and the 320 kbps stream works great.


 BillG wrote:

FLAC via LMS & the test FLAC url (in VLC or whatever) are two very different things. 

"Wrong speed" errors are due to a sample rate mismatch. I'm not familiar enough with the LMS implementation to offer any suggestions — the LMS forum is a better bet — but it's not happening at our end.

On the test URL, we've had a number of problems the last few days. I'm monitoring a possible fix. Currently working nicely.
 


BillG

BillG Avatar

Location: Left Coast
Gender: Male


Posted: Apr 21, 2019 - 12:07pm



 left_channel wrote:
The stream plays at the wrong speed here, like playing an LP at 45 RPM. Yesterday I was also getting stuttering and dropouts.

This happens to me in MusicBee and in LMS/Squeezelite. Others are reporting the same problem on the LMS forum. One user there reports no problems with VLC on the same machine though.

(I have been relying on the LMS plugin for the FLAC Main/Mellow/etc. mixes. Some using that plugin experience a problem with skipping to the next block, but that's another topic. Works well for me.)



 

FLAC via LMS & the test FLAC url (in VLC or whatever) are two very different things. 

"Wrong speed" errors are due to a sample rate mismatch. I'm not familiar enough with the LMS implementation to offer any suggestions — the LMS forum is a better bet — but it's not happening at our end.

On the test URL, we've had a number of problems the last few days. I'm monitoring a possible fix. Currently working nicely.
left_channel

left_channel Avatar



Posted: Apr 21, 2019 - 8:50am

The stream plays at the wrong speed here, like playing an LP at 45 RPM. Yesterday I was also getting stuttering and dropouts.

This happens to me in MusicBee and in LMS/Squeezelite. Others are reporting the same problem on the LMS forum. One user there reports no problems with VLC on the same machine though.

(I have been relying on the LMS plugin for the FLAC Main/Mellow/etc. mixes. Some using that plugin experience a problem with skipping to the next block, but that's another topic. Works well for me.)



antakar



Posted: Apr 20, 2019 - 3:45pm

 BillG wrote:


 antakar wrote:
Flac stream stutters again.
 

Strange error...  Reset the stream & it seems OK now.

 
Stutters again :( 320 AAC is very stable.
BillG

BillG Avatar

Location: Left Coast
Gender: Male


Posted: Apr 20, 2019 - 3:02pm



 antakar wrote:
Flac stream stutters again.
 

Strange error...  Reset the stream & it seems OK now.
antakar



Posted: Apr 20, 2019 - 1:01pm

Flac stream stutters again.
sullivanssusie

sullivanssusie Avatar

Location: Charleston, SC


Posted: Apr 17, 2019 - 5:17pm

 Many Thanks, Jarro.  Rebooted, reinstalled, disabled, re-enabled - Nothing.  Listened to "another" station for a day (a first) and, magically, wonderful Radio Paradise has returned.  Apparently, it's a jealous, competitive skill.

jarro wrote:
As far as I can tell things are running okay right now.  
But Amazon does occasionally get its signals crossed,  that usually doesn't last too long.
There's only a  couple of things you can try.
Basically just rebooting and reinstalling the skill.
"Alexa disable Radio Paradise"
Unplug than plug the device back in.
"Alexa enable Radio Paradise"


 sullivanssusie wrote:
Suddenly, can not play through Alexa.  Hmmmm.  Not using Flac.  Works on PC, but am unable to continue play through Alexa.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Best Wishes from Charleston, SC
 

 


westslope

westslope Avatar

Location: BC sage brush steppe


Posted: Apr 17, 2019 - 11:09am

At 11:06 AM PDT (while playing Radiohead's Staircase), the FLAC stream started to sputter and then died out.  FYI.  

The aac-320 steam works just fine.  

EDIT:  restored at 11:11AM (or perhaps earlier).
echols

echols Avatar

Gender: Male


Posted: Apr 17, 2019 - 11:02am

How do I use this on my Mac?
thanks
Steve


 antakar wrote:


 BillG wrote:


 BillG wrote:
OK. We have an experimental FLAC stream URL available:

http://audio-3.radioparadise.com:8000/flac


NOTES:

1. There is no metadata (song titles). It appears that we just can't do that. You can use our web player in 'track' mode to see what's playing.

2. This is subject to outages and glitches as we refine our setup. 
 

OK.  Should be back up now.
 
Stream works just great now. Thank you. Hopefully it will become stable at some point.
Are you 100% sure there is no way to include metadata?
It would be great addition.

I have tried flac plugins for number of players, like volumio, although in every case it took between 2-60 minutes until the playback would stop, and only metadata would keep being refreshed. :(

Well, i cant complain, you are already best radio on the internet, offering 320 AAC, which is already much more than others.
But i have an impression youre pursuing perfect solution, and you will not give up too easily. Which i support and admire!! :)

Dont give up!

 


antakar



Posted: Apr 17, 2019 - 3:42am



 BillG wrote:


 BillG wrote:
OK. We have an experimental FLAC stream URL available:

http://audio-3.radioparadise.com:8000/flac


NOTES:

1. There is no metadata (song titles). It appears that we just can't do that. You can use our web player in 'track' mode to see what's playing.

2. This is subject to outages and glitches as we refine our setup. 
 

OK.  Should be back up now.
 
Stream works just great now. Thank you. Hopefully it will become stable at some point.
Are you 100% sure there is no way to include metadata?
It would be great addition.

I have tried flac plugins for number of players, like volumio, although in every case it took between 2-60 minutes until the playback would stop, and only metadata would keep being refreshed. :(

Well, i cant complain, you are already best radio on the internet, offering 320 AAC, which is already much more than others.
But i have an impression youre pursuing perfect solution, and you will not give up too easily. Which i support and admire!! :)

Dont give up!

jarro

jarro Avatar

Location: #guad
Gender: Male


Posted: Apr 16, 2019 - 11:05pm

As far as I can tell things are running okay right now.  
But Amazon does occasionally get its signals crossed,  that usually doesn't last too long.


There's only a  couple of things you can try.
Basically just rebooting and reinstalling the skill.


"Alexa disable Radio Paradise"
Unplug than plug the device back in.
"Alexa enable Radio Paradise"






 sullivanssusie wrote:
Suddenly, can not play through Alexa.  Hmmmm.  Not using Flac.  Works on PC, but am unable to continue play through Alexa.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Best Wishes from Charleston, SC
 


Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next